: will these fit?

gritter
04-07-06, 07:02 PM
Right now i have 225/55/r16's on the stock catera rims but my tires are pretty worn. My dad has a pair of his 225/60/r16's in his garage with like 90% tread left. Will these tires fit? Or will i see rubbing in some area?

guardian
04-07-06, 07:27 PM
Right now i have 225/55/r16's on the stock catera rims but my tires are pretty worn. My dad has a pair of his 225/60/r16's in his garage with like 90% tread left. Will these tires fit? Or will i see rubbing in some area?

Gritter please be really careful. You could be injured.

The 60 aspect ratio tires might "fit" onto your Catera rims. But they might not fit properly in the sense that the bead of the 60's might not perfectly match the rim. This could leave you with an impaired seal which would reveal itself, for example, during hard cornering or at high speeds.

You need to know if your rims are certified to run tires with a 60 aspect ratio, and I do not have that answer. If another owner here has been running 60's on stock Catera rims I hope that owner will report his experience for your benefit.

But if your rims are not certified for the 60's, you should not run them even if they fit. To do so would be really unsafe and would place you and your car at risk.

Good luck and please be careful.:)

gritter
04-07-06, 07:35 PM
That's why i come here and ask before i do! Thanks for the responce guardian!

passionaterage
04-08-06, 06:59 PM
I have 225/60/16's on my Catera. You do need to put wheel spacers on (I bought mine at Pep Boys for 32 bucks for 4) so they dont rub the shock mounts, and by doing this you also have to put new lug bolts on (about a 1/4" longer than stock...you can find a set of 20 on ebay for 30 bucks.....look for BMW lug bolts, they are the same size as the Catera's, just a little longer). The setup works well and looks great by filling up the wheel well. I hope this helps you out!