: Brand new Wire Wheels

caddieboy
04-07-06, 05:23 PM
I found brand new factory wire wheels for $568.00 each at GM-parts-dealer. That's much better than the $800 they usually go for. Anyone know a place that sells them for less?

I know going used might be the best way to go, but at least with new wheels I know I'm getting them at their best and can take care of them.

Your thoughts on this? Also, how did you get your wire wheels?

CaddymanTom
04-08-06, 01:20 AM
WOW Brand new for 568.00 ??? Great price. You won't find them cheaper anywhere. I d have my check book out so fast it would catch on fire. I got mine on e-bay for 800.00 and they were used. The center caps where new and still in the box however. GO FOR IT!:thumbsup:

Oh one other thing Id make sure they will fit on the 5.7 L It may have too much torque for those wheels. Not too sure though

caddieboy
04-08-06, 02:01 AM
WOW Brand new for 568.00 ??? Great price. You won't find them cheaper anywhere. I d have my check book out so fast it would catch on fire. I got mine on e-bay for 800.00 and they were used. The center caps where new and still in the box however. GO FOR IT!:thumbsup:

Oh one other thing Id make sure they will fit on the 5.7 L It may have too much torque for those wheels. Not too sure though

What condition were your wheels off of ebay? I found some used locally for $900 set but there was a bit of pitting on the inside area and a bit rough on the outside chrome edge of one of them. They looked pretty good otherwise.

It would be nice to get them brand new though. I'd KNOW their condition and they's last a lifetime the way I'd care for them.

I'm pretty sure the factory wire wheels will be OK on the 5.7. They were an option and tested with the wire wheels in that article (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/rwd-19xx-1985-deville-fleetwood-1985/69730-1991-brougham-road-test-article.html?highlight=brougham+article) that was posted.

DopeStar 156
04-08-06, 02:04 AM
I wish I had a set! Damn, enjoy them...

caddieboy
04-08-06, 03:15 AM
I wish I had a set! Damn, enjoy them...

You'll get yourself a set in due time, don't worry! Just keep putting money in the piggy bank like I did. :thumbsup:

The Ape Man
04-08-06, 10:12 AM
I'm pretty sure the factory wire wheels will be OK on the 5.7. They were an option and tested with the wire wheels in that article (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/rwd-19xx-1985-deville-fleetwood-1985/69730-1991-brougham-road-test-article.html?highlight=brougham+article) that was posted.

The rims will have to deal with much more torque under hard braking than they would ever encounter with typical engine/transmission/axle combinations.

caddieboy
04-08-06, 10:51 AM
The rims will have to deal with much more torque under hard braking than they would ever encounter with typical engine/transmission/axle combinations.

Perhaps, but I'm sure GM considered this as well. They'd be asking for trouble if they had these wheels as an option yet those wheels couldn't handle braking or torque. I could see how one might be concerned if they put non-OEM wire rims on.

brougham
04-08-06, 02:22 PM
I wouldn't pay that much for them. All you need is to hit a curb or a pothole or something and wreck one and you're out $500 and might not be able to find another brand new one to replace it with. And since they're wheels they're going to get some stone chips and other problems over time anyway. You could get them with 5.7L cars because mine came with them. If those $900 ones look good I'd get those ones.

CaddymanTom
04-08-06, 05:50 PM
What condition were your wheels off of ebay? I found some used locally for $900 set but there was a bit of pitting on the inside area and a bit rough on the outside chrome edge of one of them. They looked pretty good otherwise.

It would be nice to get them brand new though. I'd KNOW their condition and they's last a lifetime the way I'd care for them.

Mine where in great condition. Just one little mark where someone put a wheel weight on them and it left a mark. You have to look real close to find it.
I also purchased a set for my Seville and paid 500 for them but they are not half as nice as the ones on the Brougham. Some pitting and a little rust on the back side. I still say go for it! The wheels are a lot stronger then they look

caddieboy
04-08-06, 07:11 PM
Mine where in great condition. Just one little mark where someone put a wheel weight on them and it left a mark. You have to look real close to find it.
I also purchased a set for my Seville and paid 500 for them but they are not half as nice as the ones on the Brougham. Some pitting and a little rust on the back side. I still say go for it! The wheels are a lot stronger then they look

These ones are reasonably clean, but with some pitting on one of the wheels and a bit of rust on the back side too. Thanks for the boost in in terms of solidness. They come with new chrome lug nuts and new chrome valve stems which I guess is cool. Brougham has me thinking used ought to be the way to go. I've offered $900 but don't feel like spending more than that. I caan't imagine how much shipping would be.

DopeStar 156
04-08-06, 10:43 PM
You'll get yourself a set in due time, don't worry! Just keep putting money in the piggy bank like I did. :thumbsup:
After reading my new PlayStation Magazine's new article on the PS3, that's where all my savings are headed. I MUST own one......

CaddymanTom
04-09-06, 01:06 AM
These ones are reasonably clean, but with some pitting on one of the wheels and a bit of rust on the back side too. Thanks for the boost in in terms of solidness. They come with new chrome lug nuts and new chrome valve stems which I guess is cool. Brougham has me thinking used ought to be the way to go. I've offered $900 but don't feel like spending more than that. I caan't imagine how much shipping would be.

My whole set was 130.00 and that was FedEx ground. THat is what the guy on e-bay charged me it may be less. Mine came from ohio and I live in CA

Good luck