: 1980 Pink cadillacs???

sizanjdf
04-07-06, 01:05 AM
Ive found a 1980 cadillac for sale near me thats really cheap. It is pink and Im pretty sure it is a mary kay car. I really want it because I love the 80 model because of the ease of dropping in a 500 and still having the newer body style. Ive heard that mary kay cars are kind of rare and wondered how many were actually out there. Anybody know???I bet this is a job for sandy.

Sandy
04-07-06, 07:56 AM
322 Mary Kay Cosmetic's Cadillacs were ordered for 1980. But, back then, in the beginning, (well not the beginning - but closer to the beginning than now, I mean to say) their cars were very different. Firstly, they had options. Many options ordered on them ! Secondly, they were only Coupe de Villes !! They came with a white landau roof and white leather interior with black accents. (carpeting, dash, hat shelf & steering wheel/column). They had wire wheel (hub caps). M.K. switched to 4-door de Villes beginning with the 1977, I believe. Optionless cars began in 1989.

If the car you have found is a Coupe, it's REAL ~ otherwise it's just a car that was repainted in some shade of pink.

HotRodSaint
04-07-06, 11:18 AM
I'm confused. :confused:

If he's looking at an '80, and MK switched to Sedan De Villes in '77, how would it be a real MK if his '80 is a Coupe De Ville? :hmm:

sizanjdf
04-07-06, 03:19 PM
im confused tooo.

HotRodSaint
04-08-06, 12:02 PM
im confused tooo.

In your original post, you don't mention if it's a Sedan or Coupe.

That information would help Sandy help you.

Sandy
04-08-06, 04:06 PM
Sorry, I "F'ed up. Really sorry. I meant to say they switched to 4-Doors in 1985 !!!

At least that is what they told me ~ back in the days when I was hounded the"H" outta them !

(I'd bet they are glad they got rid of me ~)

sizanjdf
04-08-06, 04:23 PM
sorry the guy said its a 1980 and its a sedan, its really light pink...heres a pic.

Pete Benson
04-08-06, 11:18 PM
With all respect, I cannot for the life of me comprehend the attraction and/or interest in Mary Kay pink Cadillacs. Would somebody please educate me on this?!? What IS the big deal?

sizanjdf
04-10-06, 01:41 AM
honestly the guy is asking 400 bucks for it. Plus, theres somethin nostalgic about an old pink caddy

Sandy
04-10-06, 06:40 AM
With all respect, I cannot for the life of me comprehend the attraction and/or interest in Mary Kay pink Cadillacs. Would somebody please educate me on this?!? What IS the big deal?

1. They are rare, & unusual
2. The shade of the pink is attractive. It's ultra light pastel, not gaudy.
3. They have a "hey, look at this" appeal.

This 1980 has several weird features, as far as what I was told & shown. 4-Door, Black (?) vinyl top ~ and is that black interior ? My info directly from M.K. states that prior to 1985, they were all coupes, with a white landau roof and white leather interior. I even have a photo of them. This would cover 1980 thru 1984. Is that car a Fleetwood, or a de Ville? IF it's a Fleetwood, then it is possible. Corporate Execs gor Fleetwoods and could have 4-Doors and any/all options they wanted, rather than pre-spec. If it IS a Fleetwood, then it was a corporate executive's car originally .... or is it a repaint ??? Check. Remove a door sill (silver piece you step over to enter, & peel back carpet to view metal floor.) If pink it's original.

HotRodSaint
04-10-06, 11:39 AM

The MK's are rare, and pink Cadillacs are part of Cadillac lore.

Pete Benson
04-10-06, 06:01 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, well - o.k. guys, if you say so...............

Benzilla
04-10-06, 10:15 PM
I thought MK'S were more pink, at least the ones I see are. like the one in Goodfellas. lol, one time I actually watched a two hour movie on MK just to try to see a few caddies, it was worth it...