: Northstar head compatibility

Allante North *
01-16-04, 10:40 AM
I think that the early Northstars 93-96 heads will interchange, but I'm not certain. Would someone that know please refresh my memory please. I have considered picking up an extra set of heads to modify in the event that mine ever decide to let go. I don't want to get into any head work while it not broken, but in the event something ever happens, I would like to have a set to play with and keep the originals. If and when something ever occurs, I would time sert the bolts and that should make swapping out the old and the new much easier.

Thanks for any response and comments.

kcnewell
01-16-04, 02:02 PM
1993 and 1994 Northstar cylinder heads will interchange as they're identically the same. The cylinder heads changed for 1995 when the one piece plastic intake was incorporated into the design. The 95 heads are very similar and will "bolt on" but the intake bolt fasteners are different and there's no provision for the phenolic spacer plates and the EGR feed/distribution system. If you want direct replacements you'll have to use 93/94 heads.

Allante North *
01-16-04, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the reply!

Just my luck, I found a set of "95" Heads about 150 miles from me that might be had cheap. I guess I will keep looking.