Cadillac Owners Forum banner
3K views 45 replies 13 participants last post by  TeagueJT81 
#1 ·
If you currently, or have ever, worked for/with someone that you just absolutely could not stand....then tell your stories here.

My story:
There are a few people that I work with that can bug me sometimes, but nothing compares to the one person that just makes me sick to my stomach. She is the most controlling,condescending, and unappreciative person that has absolutely NO respect for others. She is ALWAYS right no martter what, and always has to be in control. Someone could be dying but if she wants something done, it's priority. She thinks she is the most valuable thing on this earth, and yet, she gets away with it because we have no "real" supervisor. We have someone who is supposed to act as a manager, but she has had no background in management and when you come to her about issues with this HORRIBLE woman, she says things like "why didn't you just say something to her?" or "Oh that's just how she is, she is like that towards everyone...". Excuse me?! So that makes it OK? It makes it OK for her to treat people like that because she treats everyone equally shitty?

I have watched this woman be disrespectful and say hurtful mean things to very undeserving people. Even if someone makes a mistake, they do not deserve to be talked down to. She talks to our BOSS and the PRESIDENT of our organization like they are children. The President sometimes will give it back to her, but she walks all over our boss and has made her cry. Admittedly, our boss should just say "Oh I don't think so, I will NOT tolerate that"...but again, she has no background in being a supervisor, so she just backs down and figures...that's how she is. I would never ever talk to my boss or the President that way....or anyone else for that matter. One of the people in our office has been positioned in the farthest corner from her because he just cannot work with her. I haven't heard ONE person say anything nice about her. You say her name and immediately people don't want anything to do with the project, or whatever it may be.

Today was just ANOTHER thing to add to the list. I was asked to make copies of these little cards on "any neon colored card stock" and then to cut them, and send them to a hotel where our annual convention was being held. So, sounds simple enough, but I still know how she is, so I asked advice from the other ladies in the office about WHICH neon color I should use (she wasn't there to ask directly since she was out sick for 2 weeks). We had neon pink, neon orange, and a few other colors in card stock, but they weren't neon so we were left with pink or orange. We decided I should go with orange so I did. Cards looked great, they were on neon....shouldn't be a problem right?

OF COURSE it isn't that simple. So now 2 weeks after the convention she comes over to my desk (she must've just felt like putting someone down because it is unlike her to wait for 2 weeks to tell someone they were wrong) and she says "I thought I told you to copy the cards on neon card stock." to which I responded "I did." Then she says, "come into the copy room" and I am thinking...f*ck...here we go. She says "You used this color, this isn't neon orange" and I said "Yes it is, what are you talking about?" (the label even says neon orane. I was so taken back, how do you say that the paper isn't neon orange..WHEN IT IS?!?!!?!??! That's like her saying the sky is red, and me trying to convince that it is blue. This is how whacked she is.) So anyway, she goes on to say "You couldn't even read the print on it".... WHAT?!?!?!?!?! What the f*ck is she talking about. It's BLACK BOLD PRINT on a NEON ORANGE CARD. I showed it to others in the office before I started printing, and looked at it carefully because I know how picky she is. It couldn't have been clearer. I am just so confused at this point, so I said "Oh come on Jane, you can't say that you couldn't read what it said, that is just a lie!" Then she says "You should've used one of these colors" and she points to the regular paper, and I said "Jane, that's not card stock" and she said "Well you should've ordered some then!!!!!" so at that point I walk out. She decided to follow me of course, so she looks at the mail that is sitting on my desk (the mail comes after I leave, so it is always a day behind) and she says "Is that the mail from yesterday?!" (DUH!!! I hate it when people ask questions when they KNOW the answer....this woman just doesn't stop) and I said "Yes" so she goes "Umm...do you think we could get that in our boxes" and she said it with SO much attitude. She just has to be in control, and she knows she is above me at least, so she just had to say that. I AM SO SICK OF HER!

Another time, she asked another one of the ladies there to UPS some orginial photos back to the owner. Jane explained that they were originals so we needed to be extra careful. Anyway, so Josie puts them in a padded envelope, and then adds a piece of cardboard on each side too, so that it wouldn't bend. Well UPS ends up damaging the package. They spilled some sort of red liquid ALL over the package, of course, damaging the photos. None of us wanted to tell her when this happened because we knew what was going to happen. So finally Josie tells her and she just FLIPS! She says "YOU SHOULD'VE PACKED IT IN PLASTIC, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!?" Excuse me, how were we to know that UPS would be SPILLING LIQUIDS on the package. Should we wrap everything in plastic then? wtf? So I said, "Jane it isn't fair to yell at her, this isn't our fault, and how did we know that was going to happen?" She just went on about how we should've done this, or that and it's like ya know...ya just can't control some things. Her yelling doesn't change what happened...and what I really wanted to say was "Those were original photos, if they were so valuable why didn't you hand deliver them to the person, or wait until you would see that at a meeting etc. It's not the first time UPS has damaged a package of ours." It was really horrible, and so wrong of her.

Well those are two examples...there are many more LOL

See less See more
#2 ·
This dude Eric that worked at the auction with me,he was like 40-something.Had horrible ADD,everyone there didnt like him.He was always busy doing something and telling on people,and he was over 40.Nice guy mostly,but just incredibly annoying.

#4 ·
My backstabbing coworkers at my rainbow job

And my stereotypical dumb blonde co cashier at my Nissan job.

#5 ·
Meg,
Bullies are bullies because they intimidate people and get away with it. When someone gets in their face and stands up to them, they usually back down. I've seen examples of it time and time again. You and your co-workers need to ALL stand up to her and stop letting her shit on you. Until you do, she will continue.... BECAUSE SHE CAN.

#9 ·
aha, most of the people here that have either RN or MD behind there name! some of them can really piss me off and i have gone off on a few of them. ahehehe, its funny when they get that bright pink ticket on their windshield... there was a pct that tried telling me what to do one time, my simple reply was this, "do what? sorry but you get paid less than me so your opinion of what 'needs' to be done does not matter to me nor can i do what you request." oh he got pissed.

#10 · (Edited)
Ok, now that I have read the whole thing, I'll throw in the solution:

Megan, this person strives on the fact that she can push people around. She is, from what I can tell, suffering from Narcissistic personality disorder (or at least close to it); a disorder that one has when they are, in a nutshell, into themselves, but to a high extreme. As stated before, someone who has this disorder has a higher feeling of self-worth, thus explaining why she appears to be "above" everyone else and pushes them around. You'd be surprised about the reasoning behind their beliefs for self-worth, but nonetheless they exhibit this and it affects everyone around them in a likely negative way. In this case, you're experiencing this where you work.

I once knew a person who was like this: she was quite arrogant and she habitually built herself up to be someone that was feared. Her stories revolved around the monumental and she was normally the hero of the story: when questioned about the validity of her story, there was no argument; she was always right! But when she was confronted about something that wasn't related to her 'superself,' (confronted about a lie she would have told) she was quite sweet and demonstrated a very strong (and convincing) ability to lie. Even when her lies couldn't withstand obvious truth, she made it sound as though she was still in the right.

It was so bad with her, that because of the perception that she was a higher person (by way of her stories and basic attitude), that people around her would actually try and appease her out of a false sense of fear. The plain truth of the matter is though, this woman was given too much credit about who she actually was, but because of her ability to lie and carry herself the way in which she had, nobody could see through that, and that is why they feared her.

It came to a crashing halt one day when another woman (woman B) that I knew confronted this woman (woman A) about how she was treating her (woma A's) child; she was whipping the child and woman B confronted her about it. An argument had ensued to the point where woman B had physically threatened to end the abuse right on the spot. Woman A fled the scene out of plain fear. This fear was woman A's true self in that her own belief structure about how she was mighty had been directy challenged; her legitimacy had been directly challenged and now she is playing the role of recluse and nobody really talks to her. And as for the child, children's services was called immediately and the matter was taken care of for the most part.

In a nutshell Megan, outside of this woman that you work with being on medication, she will not change her ways easily. You have to challenge her self-appointed authority directly and in some cases relentlessly. That doesn't mean that things have to get physical like the above story demonstrated, but when this woman and her authority is put under direct scrutiny, you'll see her true nature come out (her fear), and then you can work from there.

An example of a challenge will be that when she confronts you about something not being done to her liking, ask her a simple question: are you the one in charge here? (Or silialer questioning.) If she eludes the question or gives an answer to show some percieved authority, then follow up with a question that challenges her alleged authority; for example, after being asked about her charge of the workplace, and should she answer yes in an indirect way (or even direct), ask her who was responsible for putting her in charger...Continue this questioning until she has exhausted her will to continue lying about it. In an ideal case, once her authority has been challenged and it is known that has been done, she will either become more reclusive or maybe even change her attitude so as to get people thinking that she is a decent person again (however fake she may demonstrate it).

Hope it works out for you!

#11 ·
Wow thanks Illumina. Well I am not one to take sh*t like this, and I do always try to take a stab at her...but normally the things she gets upset about are so way out in left field that it puts me in a state of shock. It's like how the hell can someone say that, and I am left dumbfounded most of the time. I swear she is bipolar because she will come in with flowers for everyone sometimes, or come in and say "Hi, How are you today?" which some of our other employees don't even bother doing, and it's like the second she walks into her office....she turns into this monster and doesn't stop until the next morning. There are a whole bunch of things that I'd LOVE to challenge her on, and I have a few times but she ALWAYS has an answer (it can be a complete lie, or something contradictory etc. but she still has to always come back with something). I just feel like, working for a union and all, and the things we stand behind, like we should have some protection, and our SUPERVISOR should do something about her, but she is intimidated herself. Jane IS good at what she does, but she needs to quit treating people like sh*t...I know she will NEVER change, but maybe if someone talks to her she will at least keep her mouth shut. If she see's anybody...no matter who it is working on something, she always has to come over and tell you it's wrong, or it'd be better like this, or why are you doing that...it's just gotta stop.

#12 ·
what kind of car does she drive? find her ass at a red light and smoke her! then come in the next day and brag like hell. so when she does something stupid you can say "well atleast i got a faster car than you." ahaha, then she'll go out and buy a more expensive vehicle, congrats, she just dropped a whole bunch of cash for nothing... mwuhahahahahaha :lildevil: . revenge is a dish best served cold... hehehe.

#16 ·
93fleetwoodlowlow said:
ok, but you can always bragg that you have the faster car. well shit she is a woman, that would knock any guy off his high horse.
She wouldn't care at all...seriously.

and dope, I am not going to do anything to her car, that's just not me lol...

#17 ·
LittleB said:
Wow thanks Illumina. Well I am not one to take sh*t like this, and I do always try to take a stab at her...but normally the things she gets upset about are so way out in left field that it puts me in a state of shock. It's like how the hell can someone say that, and I am left dumbfounded most of the time. I swear she is bipolar because she will come in with flowers for everyone sometimes, or come in and say "Hi, How are you today?" which some of our other employees don't even bother doing, and it's like the second she walks into her office....she turns into this monster and doesn't stop until the next morning. There are a whole bunch of things that I'd LOVE to challenge her on, and I have a few times but she ALWAYS has an answer (it can be a complete lie, or something contradictory etc. but she still has to always come back with something). I just feel like, working for a union and all, and the things we stand behind, like we should have some protection, and our SUPERVISOR should do something about her, but she is intimidated herself. Jane IS good at what she does, but she needs to quit treating people like sh*t...I know she will NEVER change, but maybe if someone talks to her she will at least keep her mouth shut. If she see's anybody...no matter who it is working on something, she always has to come over and tell you it's wrong, or it'd be better like this, or why are you doing that...it's just gotta stop.

The fact that she has a quick answer for a question demonstrates what I have said. It's like she stands in a mirror an anticipates this sort of thing; that's why a relentless assault must be applied to her so-called authority. Even if it takes 10 questions to rattle her, then that's what is needed to be done! So as long as you're not the one who gets fired, I would keep on her nuts (ok, girly nuts) until she cracks. In a nutshell (ok, enough with the nuts :D ), keep calling her on her bullshit; she'll eventually run out of quick answers (even to the point of her giving nonsense answers). Doing this numerous times per day or even over a longer period of time will definitely get some sort of result out of her...Just try not to obsess about it.

As for being Bipolar, that could be the case but I doubt it. Her moodyness from what you have said revolves around how grand she 'appears' to be (certainly a bipolar trait), without showing any depression or violence; bipolar disorder can be easily seen should her mood swings involve violence or nearly so and the aforementioned states of depression are common. In this woman's case, she doesn't appear to demonstrate any symptoms that will affect her job performance like someone with bipolar disorder might. In all honesty however, bipolar disorder is often over-diagnosed by the common person: i.e., bipolar disorder is the first disorder that comes to the mind of the untrained eye. Truth be told, unless I could personally have some time to see how this woman is acting, I can't be 100% sure what her exact malfunction is, but there is certainly a problem there!

#18 ·
illumina said:
The fact that she has a quick answer for a question demonstrates what I have said. It's like she stands in a mirror an anticipates this sort of thing; that's why a relentless assault must be applied to her so-called authority. Even if it takes 10 questions to rattle her, then that's what is needed to be done! So as long as you're not the one who gets fired, I would keep on her nuts (ok, girly nuts) until she cracks. In a nutshell (ok, enough with the nuts :D ), keep calling her on her bullshit; she'll eventually run out of quick answers (even to the point of her giving nonsense answers). Doing this numerous times per day or even over a longer period of time will definitely get some sort of result out of her...Just try not to obsess about it.

As for being Bipolar, that could be the case but I doubt it. Her moodyness from what you have said revolves around how grand she 'appears' to be (certainly a bipolar trait), without showing any depression or violence; bipolar disorder can be easily seen should her mood swings involve violence or nearly so and the aforementioned states of depression are common. In this woman's case, she doesn't appear to demonstrate any symptoms that will affect her job performance like someone with bipolar disorder might. In all honesty however, bipolar disorder is often over-diagnosed by the common person: i.e., bipolar disorder is the first disorder that comes to the mind of the untrained eye. Truth be told, unless I could personally have some time to see how this woman is acting, I can't be 100% sure what her exact malfunction is, but there is certainly a problem there!
HAHA I was only joking about her being bipolar, I am sure she isn't but she is definintely screwed up. Thanks for the advice...I guess I should try and dish it out back to her more often, since no one else will. That's the other thing that bothers me, at least I will say SOMETHING, or tell her that I disagree, but everyone else just shuts up and says NOTHING!!!

#20 ·
illumina said:
As a fail-safe, and as long as this woman is attractive, I can fly out to Cali and bone her a few times: that will cure any bad attitude!!!
She is 50 and not attractive.You wouldn't be able to get in her pants anyway, and you wouldn't want to. I bet that sh*t has been locked up for YEARS!

#21 ·
LittleB said:
She is 50 and not attractive.You wouldn't be able to get in her pants anyway, and you wouldn't want to. I bet that sh*t has been locked up for YEARS!
Well, my uncle is a 49 year old paranoid virgin. I could fly him out there and see what happens...

#23 ·
Meg,
Your other choice is to go to managment and complain. The more people complaining, the more credibility. Tell them you are tired of this treatment and you are not going to stand for it any longer. Let them know that you are going to start documenting it and keep detailed records. Once notified, they have to act on it. Most companies today are scared to death of law suits which your complaint opens them up to if they do not stop it. The fact that the boss is aware of it, and even subjected to it is in your favor. If enough pressure is brought to bear, she will find herself out on the street.

#24 ·
Ranger said:
Meg,
Your other choice is to go to managment and complain. The more people complaining, the more credibility. Tell them you are tired of this treatment and you are not going to stand for it any longer. Let them know that you are going to start documenting it and keep detailed records. Once notified, they have to act on it. Most companies today are scared to death of law suits which your complaint opens them up to if they do not stop it. The fact that the boss is aware of it, and even subjected to it is in your favor. If enough pressure is brought to bear, she will find herself out on the street.
Very good advice! But Megan seems to be the only one that will even try and accomplish this: she needs more support to have any successful action I would think.

Another thing to consider is this: her productivity. Should her productivity be questioned, then there would be more immediate (read reasonable) action taken, but since this woman has sound productivity, there might be a probelm with presenting a legitimate argument about this woman's code of conduct with her co-workers. So yes, good documentation is a must, although it might take some time to compile such evidence.

Perhaps Megan you can try both mine and Ranger's tactics at the same time?

#25 ·
I mean MAYBE saying I'm documenting would scare them and they MIGHT do something about it....but like I said...she even treats management like this. Management has been complained to MANY MANY MANY times. They just won't do anything about it. The sucky part is that Jane is good at what she does, and she is an asset...but at the same time, it's not like she is the ONLY one that can do that job. The real problem is that management doesn't manage. Our "manager" is the Assistant to the President, and she is the busiest person EVER, and she has taken on so many things (more than she can handle). She is great, and I like her a lot, but she SUCKS as a manager...she has no experience with it. What is management gonna do if even management gets treated like sh*t by her also. I will just get the "Oh that's just how she is" again.

I don't like to threaten anyway, I would never ever want to file a grievance...it shouldn't have to come to that!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.