: Everytime it rains and then freezes...

tru504187211
01-16-04, 10:29 AM
Everytime that the Wisconsin weather brings rain and then freezing temperatures with snow the next day, my drivers door freezes shut with no effect on the door when I press the door release button. It simply gets pressed and goes all the way to the body of the car with no resistence. Where is the leak and what can I do about it?? Thanx,
Jacob Hoppe

Ralph
01-19-04, 02:41 AM
I'm not sure I understand. The button stays in? Cold weather will make everything slow and stick, esp. if the rain freezes. Why would there have to be a "leak?" What about the pass. side door?

TimsToy
01-19-04, 09:40 AM
Mine did the same thing yesterday morning. I just fliped the locks a few times and it took care of it. No idea of what caused it. By the way, I'm also in WI. about 40 minutes S.W. of Madison.

tru504187211
01-19-04, 09:47 PM
Let me try again...When I push in the door button it has no tension on it, like the cable is snapped. All the other doors are fine. It works again later in the day when the sun comes out or when I have the heat on and the car gets very warm after like 30 mins or so. So I am trying to figure out where it could be letting water in, and then freezing. Hope that helps...if not, lemme know.
Jacob Hoppe