Cadillac Owners Forum banner

"Engine Power Reduced" All of a sudden and all these errors appeared

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Ludacrisvp 
#1 ·
Dear All yesterday all of a sudden my car just turned off with the warning "Engine Power Reduced" later on after checking by tech 2 all of these errors appeared what can be the cause

1) ECM P0641 5 VOLT Reference 1 Circuit
2) ECM P0522 Engine Oil Pressure (EOP) Sensor Circuit Voltage Low
3) ECM P0452 Fuel Tank Pressure (FTP) Sensor Circuit Voltage Low
4) ECM P0069 Manifold Absolute Pressure – Barometric Pressure Correlation
5) ECM P2228 Barometric Pressure (BARO) Sensor Circuit Voltage Low
6) ECM P0532 Air Conditioning (A/C) Refrigerant Pressure Sensor Circuit Voltage Low
7) ECM P0107 Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor Circuit Voltage Low

#2 ·
The 5volt reference circuit that supplies all those sensors is faulty. Could be a bad ECM, a sensor shorted internally, or a wiring fault. The wiring that supplies the camshaft position sensors on the front of the engine (on top in front of the valve covers) has a tendency to rub and short out on the engine especially where it goes over the throttle body (4.6l) and under the intake ducting (4.4l, your engine). I'd start my search there.

#3 ·
I'd bet a wiring issue ... ddalder had a few codes come up that seemed completely unrelated to each other but a poor repair at a dealership allowed an O2 sensor (I believe) to get shorted to ground which caused several other devices on the same power circuit to get shorted as well.
GM really likes to have multiple components on the same wiring leg, so if you can find some wiring diagrams for some or all of those you might be able to link them to a common point before you get to the ECM.

Did you hit anything while driving that may relate or bottom out anytime?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.