Cadillac Owners Forum banner

This is MY LUCKY DAY!!!

739 views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Spyder 
#1 ·
I never win anything.

Some of you may remember I'm serving a one-year sentence as president of a Rotary Club. I have ten more meetings to go and I'm done.

We have a lottery every week. Three tickets for two dollars. If your name is drawn, you get to pick a card from a deck. If you draw the ace of hearts, you get 1/2 of the pot. The other half goes to our charitable fund.

If the winner doesn't draw the ace of hearts, they just tear up the card you drew and the pot carries over to next week.

It got up to $868 today. I bought nine tickets. They drew my name. Then I picked the ace of hearts from the 11 cards that remained in the deck. So my pocket is $434 heavier now!!!

I feel REALLY lucky today!!!!

:woohoo: :rolling: :excited: :banana: :elvis1: :elvis2: :elvis3:

It makes up for everything I've lost this year in lottery tickets and NCAA pools!!!

See less See more
#6 ·
LUCKY BASTARD!!!! LOL!!! :) I wish I could win something..... I want to win atleast a piece of gum!!!!

#8 ·
Congrats Elvis. What did you end up doing with the other extra funds you had a while back? Did you save or spend?

#9 ·
addison_ii said:
Congrats Elvis. What did you end up doing with the other extra funds you had a while back? Did you save or spend?
I bought clothes. I needed them anyway, so it was nice to use the mad money rather than take it out of the "general fund."

Not sure what I'm going to do with this. We're having another charity golf scramble in a few weeks, I told them I'd sponsor a hole. So really I'm only netting $234, but hell, that's still a chunk.

#15 ·
So lemme get this right...you buy a ticket for a chance to be the one who has a one in 52 chance to win? If I was a gambling man, which I am, I wouldn't take those odds...but then again, its charitable contribution, so yea, I would...but how often do people actually win that thing? :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.