Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Pic of car in amsterdam

1K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  Rolex 
#1 ·
Ok so when I was in amsterdamn...or I WANTED to find this car just to get a picture of it....everytime I see this car I just bust out laughing!:histeric: If you saw the movie just married....yeaaaaaaaaaa LOL HAHAHHAHAHAHA

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
So does that even really count as a car? Looks to me like a golf cart with sheet metal.

#5 ·
DDS rollin a CTS said:
So does that even really count as a car? Looks to me like a golf cart with sheet metal.
HAHAHAHAHA those things go driving down the streets....I even see them on the highways down there...lol...im sorry but everytime I look at this forum now I laugh...the car is just ridiculously funny... I saw someone getting in and out of it... it was hilarious...the thing is so freakin small!!!!:bouncy:

#7 ·
6000 pounds for that? Isn't that almost $10,000? I'd prefer an Aveo for that price. If I was that concerned about fuel consumption, I'd buy a really nice bicycle. At the very least the bike wouldn't be the laughing stock of the whole town and I wouldn't have to be a contortionist to ride it. I can't see it as being very safe either - there's no room for crumple zones, and it's so small that airbags might be more of a hazard than anything else.

Of course it's "eco-friendly" - there's nothing to the car or the engine. Putting a really small engine in a really small, lightweight car and ending up with something that gets great gas mileage isn't exactly a great engineering feat IMO. It looks like one person could pick the thing up and walk off with it.

After looking over the website some, it seems that its only good quality is that it manages to make Geo Metros look oppulent. I tried to find some good things to say about it, but I really couldn't think of any. It is hilarious though.

#10 ·
Rauf said:
Folks, it is not a Smart!
In fact, it is a moped mobile. It has a moped engine (50cc) in it and can only be used inside the city. You may even drive it on bicycle lanes. It is a vehicle for disabled people or old people. Top speed is 45 km/h (25Mph).

Welcome to Holland :)

#11 ·
At least the new ones look like cars. The old ones used to look like this:

They make a RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR sound. Funny... :D

#13 ·
Jonnyd why didn't you contact me for a high speed drive on the Autobahn? :D

#14 ·
70eldo said:
Jonnyd why didn't you contact me for a high speed drive on the Autobahn? :D
I was in Frankfurt, Germany 2 times too....you anywhere around there?? By the Messa?

#15 ·
I saw a Smart in front of Publix last night while getting a money order.Only one ive ever seen.It had Florida plates on it.It was an advertising car,it had a bunch of crap all over it.No joke.I didnt even know they were legal in the states.

#16 ·
85EvergreenBrougham said:
I saw a Smart in front of Publix last night while getting a money order.Only one ive ever seen.It had Florida plates on it.It was an advertising car,it had a bunch of crap all over it.No joke.I didnt even know they were legal in the states.
WAT!!!! LOL!! you should have takin a pic of it with ur camera phone...everytime I see one of them I have to take a picture...they are the funniest cars ever!!!:histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

#18 ·
85EvergreenBrougham said:
I didn't think they were either. Someone probably went through some trouble to import it. I wonder if they like it.

#20 ·
Nasty Black Lac said:
An Escalade leaves Denver at 8 pm traveling east at 70 mph. At the same time, a Smart car leaves Indianapolis traveling west at 53 mph. Where will the meet, and what will be the outcome?
That's a trick question! A Smart won't do 53! But if they did meet, the Smart would get crushed by the Escalade and then turned into soda cans, and someone would probably put the engine into a lawnmower if it still ran. The driver of the Escalade would probably get charged with a hit and run, because I don't think they would feel the impact.

#21 ·
lol....looks like it says hUnda on the car lol....maybe its just the scraps honda throws away that they produce these tiny cars with lol

#23 ·
Nasty Black Lac said:
An Escalade leaves Denver at 8 pm traveling east at 70 mph. At the same time, a Smart car leaves Indianapolis traveling west at 53 mph. Where will the meet, and what will be the outcome?
I'm glad to see you posted this idea, and this is a real concern IMO. I'm not loading my daughter into one of these sardine cans to be demolished by the soccor mom driving a 7000 pound SUV...while putting on her make-up, talking on the cell phone, and tending the children in the back seat. A car this small offers ZERO chance of survival in a high speed accident.

IIRC Missouri State University used a van very similar to this on their campus. They drove on the oversized sidewalks, and were used for campus couriers, grounds keeping, or house keeping staff as basically an oversized golf cart. Hardly safe for roadways IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.