Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  AznPrydeRegalRyde 
#1 ·
I getting ready to buy a new car and have narrowed my choices down to a GXP bonneville, 300C, GXP Gran Prix, or Mercu Maradure. I love my n* but tried of getting my door blown off by those 300's and charger/mag. Leaning toward bonneville but what or the spec. dealer don't known jack give me your opinions

#4 ·
Just my opinion, but what I don't like about all of the new Dodges is that they have no front bumper. The first thing to make contact is an expensive grill.
I think they look cool though. The Marauder looks functional. The Charger is hot.
Time will tell if they hold up to the type of driving they invite. The GXP has a history already.

#9 ·
Marauder and the new 300/charger/magnum are rear wheel drive, in the long run, you will be able to get more acceleration out of them with aftermarket goodies, FWD cars have a limit to how much power they can put down before terminal wheelspin or the traction control dumps the power, which happens with my 134 HP diesel passat,

I like the new chargers, even if they have 4 doors, waiting to see how the production challenger looks

#10 ·
Eric Kahn said:
Marauder and the new 300/charger/magnum are rear wheel drive, in the long run, you will be able to get more acceleration out of them with aftermarket goodies, FWD cars have a limit to how much power they can put down before terminal wheelspin or the traction control dumps the power, which happens with my 134 HP diesel passat,
You haven't followed the GTP's aftermarket much, have you? :) Sure there's a limit, but a 12 sec. daily driver is past my limit!

#14 ·
c5 rv said:
I'm sorry, I think a V8 performance FWD car is a contradiction in terms.
There's alot of people out there who would disagree with you. And theres alot of people who would say any FWD performance car is a contradiction in terms. Good for you!

I was just pointing out the fact that the GXP is a much better performer then the Impala SS. If he wants to go GM and get a V8 and good performance, especially straight line, then the GXP is a solid buy.

#15 ·
AznPrydeRegalRyde said:
GXP Grand Prix comes with wider tires up front. SS does not.
Maybe I misintrepreted it, but I thought he was referring to the '94-'96 Impalas

#17 ·
but different! I like the maurader...there's one that a professor drives at Sac State which is BAD ASS. I love the thing...but I've never seen the guy to talk to him about it...lots of little extras he's done to it to make it look great...and meaner than hell...

#20 ·
Jesda said:
I have Road and Track's 100-page publication devoted entirely to the LX platform.
I have the same thing too, I think I got it in the mail.

#22 ·
Jesda said:
along with a bunch of old Maxim issues. :)
Do you have the Anna Kournikova ones from August '03 and '04?!

#25 ·
STS 310 said:
Your CTS cant argue with my FWD, it would have too keep up with it first....

I dont want to start Cad on Cad but dont talk about my baby like shes a slouch.
Unless your STS is modded, it'll be a good race. STS only pulls a mid-14, and I've seen a few mid 14's from the CTS with a 6spd. Either way, once we hit the twisties, your STS will be a distant memory.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.