: Sorry.

Pages : [1] 2

mccombie_5
01-31-06, 09:34 PM
To all forum members:

This is my apology to the members of Cadillacforums.com. Itís worth nothing to you. But itís here.

Pelt, hurl, ridicule.

http://www.tyresmoke.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/692197/an/0/page/0#692197

Itís all explained there.

Goodbye to all the friends I made on the forums. I'll miss yas.

I wonít come back here.

Thanks for your time.

urbanski
01-31-06, 09:49 PM
:hide:

Eric Kahn
01-31-06, 09:58 PM
So you bought another brand of car, no big deal

SpeedyArizona
01-31-06, 10:03 PM
Mc, don't leave, we don't care who you are. Just be yourself, don't lie about cars that you don't have. Just tell us the complete truth, and we'll welcome you back with open arms. I don't like being lied to, but I forgive easily, just don't pretend to be who you aren't. I don't care if you own a Mercedes or a Fiat (well, I do care if you own a Fiat :D)! Come back Mc!

Elvis
01-31-06, 10:23 PM
Mac, don't leave us, please.

Somebody came on here a few hours ago and posted that link. I tried to squelch it as soon as I could, and I got it within five minutes.

I'm really proud of you for owning up to it. It's a good experience for you. Learn from it and let's all move on TOGETHER.

You have friends here who don't give a damn whether you're 16 or 46. It was YOU we got to know, even though you were wearing a mask.

Now that the mask is off, we owe it to each other to find out who we really are and if we can still all get along. My bet is that nothing will be different.

Possessions don't make us who we are. On the internet we're really all equal anyway.

So stay with us. There may be a few who snap at you, but that just reveals something about THEIR character, not yours.

I think you'll be surprised how many REAL friends you have who don't care about "stuff."

SpeedyArizona
01-31-06, 10:27 PM
Elvis DEMANDS that you stay, how can you say "No" to the King:D?

Elvis
01-31-06, 10:40 PM
Elvis DEMANDS that you stay, how can you say "No" to the King:D?

Damn right! I'll track him down! ;)

Night Wolf
01-31-06, 10:44 PM
Ummmm.....

trying to comprehend.....

So it was all made up?.... all of it?

First, I am shocked... hard to explain...

second.... why? Why would you want to pretend to be somebody your are not? Why pretend to own things you don't?

Kinda strange how things like this happen on doubles... first on the Jeep site then here....

http://jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=232539

LittleB
01-31-06, 10:51 PM
OK I am like WAYYYYY confused! :bonkers: :hmm:

AHHHHHHH I don't get it! I guess I seriously have to read all the million pages of that thread to get it...

SpeedyArizona
01-31-06, 10:53 PM
So it was all made up?.... all of it?

I beleive so. Mc, just come back and tell us the complete truth. We don't care what you have nor how old you are.

Adam
01-31-06, 10:54 PM
wow... dont know what to say... im shocked. well oh well, its cool man, stick around who cares if you dont have all them cars? i sure dont. please, stay here. maybe one day you'll be able to get a Cadillac. it was good though that you came clean and speaks much about your character.

SpeedyArizona
01-31-06, 10:54 PM
I'll sum it up:

Mc pretended to be wealthy with all those cars. He is actually 16 and drives a...well I don't know what he drives.

I say we forgive him and move on...

LittleB
01-31-06, 10:56 PM
You are totally forgiven MC......

Bravo for owning up to it! Man you are a REALLLLLLLY good liar :thumbsup: LOL

Adam
01-31-06, 10:56 PM
OK I am like WAYYYYY confused! :bonkers: :hmm:

AHHHHHHH I don't get it! I guess I seriously have to read all the million pages of that thread to get it...

uhh well B, Craig doesnt own a Jag and from the sounds of it any of those cars... i guess.

Adam
01-31-06, 10:57 PM
I'll sum it up:

Mc pretended to be wealthy with all those cars. He is actually 16 and drives a...well I don't know what he drives.

I say we forgive him and move on...

wait... how do we know he is 16?

SpeedyArizona
01-31-06, 11:00 PM
wait... how do we know he is 16?

Well, after he admitted he doesn't have all those rides, I guess the truth is the best medicine. Mc, PLEASE come back here with a clean slate, tell us about yourself and what you drive.

SpeedyArizona
01-31-06, 11:01 PM
Everyone PM him and say how much we want him back :thumbsup:!

Adam
01-31-06, 11:05 PM

well if he doesnt come back how is he gonna get the pms? ha i spelled pms... hehehe immature moment.:rolleyes:

Adam
01-31-06, 11:06 PM
Well, after he admitted he doesn't have all those rides, I guess the truth is the best medicine. Mc, PLEASE come back here with a clean slate, tell us about yourself and what you drive.

doesnt mean hes not 40 something or whatever he is.

Night Wolf
01-31-06, 11:08 PM
Well, thats one less person that actually used Land Rovers for their intended purpose....

Elvis
01-31-06, 11:13 PM

Good idea!

LittleB
01-31-06, 11:16 PM
Well I just read it....dunno how I feel. Funny how it's not like I knew him personally yet I am taking it personal. Speechless at the moment really.....guess it's just good you came clean, but like you said (that you did it out of boredom) coming clean and telling everyone everything was a lie sure does make for some entertainment....at the expense of others feelings I might add.

slk230mb
01-31-06, 11:18 PM
Well, thats one less person that actually used Land Rovers for their intended purpose....

LMAO :histeric:

LittleB
01-31-06, 11:26 PM
And the cigar thing...you can't even buy a damn cigar!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH I can't take this!!!!!!

Sorry I am thinking out loud. I really do think you should stay, and let us get to know you and everything....

gothicaleigh
01-31-06, 11:40 PM
Well played I must say.
I honestly never questioned it for a moment.

Like everyone else has stated, it really doesn't matter all that much. It was your thoughts and posts that made you who you were around here. Never what we believed you did and didn't own. Set the record straight and move on.

I do so love inter-web drama. :D

SpeedyArizona
01-31-06, 11:51 PM
And the cigar thing...you can't even buy a damn cigar!!!

Isn't that a good thing? Mc, if you're listening, never think smoking is "cool". Don't ever smart smoking cigars, they can kill you, don't make a stupid decision.

Also, come back, everyone here forgives you, we just want to work things out and go on.

LittleB
02-01-06, 12:02 AM
Wow, I bet he is totally getting off to all of this....

Sorry.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-01-06, 12:08 AM
Wait, so there is no Craig Mccombie?
All of his cars are lies? This is all a great big lie? What about Claire?

I'm so disappointed, confused........

Craig was very cool, and this was some sort of a joke played on all of us????

I'm disappointed, very very disappointed :nono:

Why would anyone do this? Why?

So who really is this "Mccombie 5"?

slk230mb
02-01-06, 12:12 AM
So who really is this "Mccombie 5"?

A 16 year old kid.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-01-06, 12:13 AM
Yeah his picture is posted on the link posted, about 3/4 of the way down going through all the pages...

I'm so confused.......

Well played son, well played! You had us all believe this!

So what kind of cars do you like?

LittleB
02-01-06, 12:14 AM
Why would anyone do this? Why?

Oh yeah his big answer to that was...get ready for it..............the answer is: "boredom."

slk230mb
02-01-06, 12:16 AM
Oh yeah his big answer to that was...get ready for it..............the answer is: "boredom."

Meg, calm down. Go for a drive in the CTS, have a drink, I think you're getting a litte flustered.

Boombotz
02-01-06, 12:16 AM
Wow!!!!!!!! I must say most are more forgiving then me. It wasn't only a little lie about cars it was a lie about everything. I read every page from the link you posted and was dumbfounded. I know depression can really put people in bad places but you made friends here. You should have came out a long time ago. I mean everything you posted falls in place with this lie. What if you never got caught? It would have just continued? i don't think running away is the right method it was definitely a good start to apologize. I personally feel very sad about this. I know everybody lies, but that is all I know of you is lies. This was more than a little white lie. I know there is no rule to tell the truth on a forum, but why take it so far and get so personal? I can honestly say that I don't know if I can believe your post for now. Sorry that I don't fall into place with the rest but just as i was told growing up you earn trust and respect. You have not done that. I hope you don't leave, because I feel that maybe with the true friends you have made it will benefit you to help relieve some of that depression. I like you MC and you are great to talk with just be yourself. I guess it is more of a question of why? I don't think anybody here has ever judge anybody by what they have. I will give you this much. You seem very well educated and smart. Instead of trying to impress people with what your not take all that effort and put it into education. Good luck with whatever decision you make, but I think sticking around and being yourself would probably be a lot more fun. Hope it works out for you. Julie

Florian
02-01-06, 12:17 AM
I say flog the bastard......

(just kidding McC, relax, we all learn our own lessons in one way or another)

F

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-01-06, 12:17 AM
I dont blame her...Mccombie and her were like best friends on there...and now that she finds out its some kid thats 5 years younger.... man I'd be pissed too.

slk230mb
02-01-06, 12:20 AM
I dont blame her...Mccombie and her were like best friends on there...and now that she finds out its some kid thats 5 years younger.... man I'd be pissed too.

I don't either, I just don't want to see (read) B this way.

SpeedyArizona
02-01-06, 12:21 AM
I think we're all suprised, confused, and wanting answers. His real name might be Craig, or it might be his fathers'. I don't really know what to say anymore, I'd really appreciate some solid answers.

Mc, come back and lets try to work this out. Surely you are reading this, I have no doubt of that. We want you to say something that is coming from YOU.

SpeedyArizona
02-01-06, 12:23 AM
Who wants to post bets on how far this thread makes it?

I say 5 pages (12 if MC explains himself).

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-01-06, 12:26 AM
I'm gonna say 7 pages.

What an odd turn of events.........

Night Wolf
02-01-06, 12:27 AM
What About McCombie on CF..... not here... but the Christian Forums.... for those that knew....

heh...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-01-06, 12:29 AM
I don't either, I just don't want to see (read) B this way.

I imagine Meg is pretty hurt and confused right now.
Group hug :grouphug:

SpeedyArizona
02-01-06, 12:41 AM
and now that she finds out its some kid thats 5 years younger.... man I'd be pissed too.

I thought women liked "younger men"...hehe, I just had to say that!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-01-06, 12:43 AM
lol good one Speedy

DaveDeVille
02-01-06, 12:43 AM
Wow! Just got home from work to find this thread. Pretty exciting stuff. I feel for those he deceived. I left two wives for lying. I hope he cleans up his act. If he comes totally clean, I guess he could stick around.

DopeStar 156
02-01-06, 12:44 AM
Toys. That's what we were to him. Toys..... He played with us. We were all plastic to him.....

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-01-06, 12:44 AM
I dont see how he could come much cleaner than now...I mean he admitted what he did, and he said it was wrong and apologized...thats about as good as it's gonna get i guess.....

I just wanna know why....

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-01-06, 12:46 AM
Toys. That's what we were to him. Toys..... He played with us. We were all plastic to him.....

Master! Master! Where are the dreams that I've been after?!
Master! Master! You promised only lies!

( A little Metallica for you Dope, I know you'd enjoy that!)

SpeedyArizona
02-01-06, 12:47 AM
We were all plastic to him.....

Mc was just "pulling your leg"....hehehe, another joke in a cyber-serious situation. I think Mc should stay as long as he explains what he did and why? It's good that he came clean, but he didn't really explain himself.

DopeStar 156
02-01-06, 12:47 AM
Master! Master! Where are the dreams that I've been after?!
Master! Master! You promised only lies!

( A little Metallica for you Dope, I know you'd enjoy that!)
Hahaha! I appreciate the thought. I really don't like Metallica though.

DopeStar 156
02-01-06, 12:48 AM
Mc was just "pulling your leg"....hehehe, another joke in a cyber-serious situation. I think Mc should stay as long as he explains what he did and why? It's good that he came clean, but he didn't really explain himself.
He said he did it out of boredom. Boredom..... for entertainment.... Nothing more.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-01-06, 12:49 AM
Hahaha! I appreciate the thought. I really don't like Metallica though.

Oh, well I knew you of all the other people on here would get that!

DopeStar 156
02-01-06, 12:50 AM
Oh, well I knew you of all the other people on here would get that!
No I got it, thanks dude. :thumbsup:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-01-06, 12:52 AM
yup no problem...

Damn I have that on a CD somewhere...I need to find it!

Stoneage_Caddy
you werent the one hitting on his wife claire ....it was a joke anyway but damn i feel dirty ....becuse "claire" played along with the joke .....

like i said somewhere else , its like the crying game for the internet ....just terrible ...

I never fell for the cars , i figured THAT was a lie , i figured he and his wife had a old seville and a vectra ..... i figured the wife was real .....

Sandy
I am dissapointed. This is NOT the first time! How about that big fabricated FIRE - 'ya know the one that took down 1/2 the house and damaged the cars and and and we all felt so badly (at least I did) and then that was proven to be a fake, and now all this, and being a big cigar smoking architect and blue print expert and all the cars and and and and. It's enough. It's toying with people's emotions, and of that he did a wonderful job. But I really don't enjoy being played with like that, and I suispect there is NO Clair and NOBODY was in the hospital and and and and.
If he comes back, I certainly will be civil towards him, & polite and all, but his word will have little meaning for me, after the past record.
I feel sorry that he needs to feel above many of us in order to feel equal. Mc, we all "p" & we all poop and we all hurt and we all love and we will all die. In our maker's eyes, we are all equal, so I do not sit in judgement of you, but I do feel betrayed.
BTW, it was once privately discussed between a few people on here (myself included) that it was "ODD" that not a single one of all your cars was ever scanned on here. We 3 that that odd ~ Pictures of cars were posted, but never McCombie_5 cars.

I welcome you to return, but get a puppy or a kitty to play with ! Don't "play" with people who, as you can see, care about you. That's just not the way the game of life is played.

SpeedyArizona
02-01-06, 12:56 AM
He said he did it out of boredom. Boredom..... for entertainment.... Nothing more.

I really would appreciate an explaination, Mc (as with everyone else here). Just tell us why, and we'll forgive you. I don't belive he did it for "boredom", I believe it's deeper. It's like a slap in the face to be played, abused, and thought of as a sucker.

I need a drink!

Stoneage_Caddy
02-01-06, 12:58 AM
After a beer ive had a change of heart ....

Im going to request this thread be locked , and at the very least de bumped ....

the kid did it for attention , and thats what hes getting right now ....why should we reward him ....

I~LUV~Caddys8792
Very nicely put Sandy!

DopeStar 156
It's generally insulting.

DopeStar 156
02-01-06, 12:59 AM
After a beer ive had a change of heart ....

Im going to request this thread be locked , and at the very least de bumped ....

the kid did it for attention , and thats what hes getting right now ....why should we reward him ....
Second.

SpeedyArizona
02-01-06, 01:01 AM
I never fell for the cars , i figured THAT was a lie

I didn't fall for ALL the cars, I did belive he may have exaggerated on the Mercedes and the more "expensive" cars. I couldn't belive a man could just spend $X amount of money at the drop of a hat. I did believe, however, that you had a Phaeton and a few other cars for your job. Just shows how stupidly trustworthy I am.

SpeedyArizona
02-01-06, 01:02 AM
Second.

I'm not a Moderator, but I guess I can third it?

Stoneage_Caddy
02-01-06, 01:05 AM
your a moderator .....just not here LOL

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-01-06, 01:05 AM
Yeah I honestly feel no sympathy for this kid.

He did it because he was bored, and it was probably like an experiment in his eyes. He probably got a laugh out of our responces, and our (my) general naiveatity. (sp?) This is a big step on the road to me becoming an even more cynical person.

It's insulting to our intelligence, and I feel so stupid for believing him, and all of this.

Didnt he have like 4300 posts?! What a waste of time!

It's like we're his ant colony and hes in charge of the ants (us).

Stoneage_Caddy
02-01-06, 01:07 AM
Yeah I honestly feel no sympathy for this kid.

He did it because he was bored, and it was probably like an experiment in his eyes. He probably got a laugh out of our responces, and our (my) general naiveatity. (sp?) This is a big step on the road to me becoming an even more cynical person.

It's insulting to our intelligence, and I feel so stupid for believing him, and all of this.

Didnt he have like 4300 posts?! What a waste of time!

It's like we're his ant colony and hes in charge of the ants (us).
the ants revolted , got out of the stupid glass cage , crawed into his bed and bit him in the arse , thanks to the fine folks over at the other site

SpeedyArizona
02-01-06, 01:09 AM
your a moderator .....just not here LOL

Forgot about Stoney's Lounge, haha!

LittleB
02-01-06, 01:10 AM
I 100% agree with what Boombotz and Sandy wrote. That is exactly how I feel...

I also agree with Stoney...why reward him, you know he is loving this.

Oh, and yeah I am upset, just like others said, we were friends and it got personal. This wasn't some little lie...everything was fake. But to make it clear I am SURE AS HELL not gonna lose sleep over something like this LOL

Stoneage_Caddy
02-01-06, 01:11 AM
Forgot about Stoney's Lounge, haha!

so did everyone else ...but thats my fault ....i really just need to get off my ass and create some provociative threads and get yall thinking , its my place , and i wanted ot make t my style but this whole time and girls thing is really kicking my ass

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-01-06, 01:11 AM
the ants revolted , got out of the stupid glass cage , crawed into his bed and bit him in the arse , thanks to the fine folks over at the other site

HAHAHAHA! Yeah!

And I'm the big nasty black widow that somehow got in the glass cage too.

I dont know how I got in there, but I'm not one to make mad.
I dont let go of grudges, atleast not for quite a while.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-01-06, 01:13 AM
.Oh, and yeah I am upset, just like others said, we were friends and it got personal. This wasn't some little lie...everything was fake. But to make it clear I am SURE AS HELL not gonna lose sleep over something like this LOL

So Meg, now that Mccombie is out of the picture, you need a new sex dungeon to reside in eh????

hahaha just kidding!

LittleB
02-01-06, 01:14 AM
I dont let go of grudges, atleast not for quite a while.

That's how I am....I tend to care too much and let my feelings get involved with others and it's hard for me to forgive. Well I can forgive, more like hard for me to forget.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-01-06, 01:15 AM
Well I can forgive, more like hard for me to forget.

Yup, I know how that is too, I've pretty much been doing it since I was able to comprehend what a grudge is.

LittleB
02-01-06, 01:15 AM
So Meg, now that Mccombie is out of the picture, you need a new sex dungeon to reside in eh????

hahaha just kidding!

Can you believe I actually let him be my pimp for a day? ughhh I am disgusted!

danbuc
02-01-06, 01:16 AM
What a waste! I enjoyed reading some of his posts in the past...and now I feel like a jack ass! I don't like feeling like a jack ass. People who make me feel like that, get a kick in the nuts! To carry on the lie for so long, and draw so many people into it......only someone with a real problem would be capable of such things. In this case...it's deep psychological issues. I have absolutely no sympathy for him. He deserves every bit of humiliation and abuse that he recieves. Not like it matters...since he probably will never respond to this post...or visit the site again. Anyway....that's one less person around lying out their ass about who they are. There's simply too much of that going around these days...I can't stand it. Trolls are a dime a dozen this day in age. Who thought one would take it so far.....ehh.....whatever. I've grown weary of being pissed off. Time to move on.....

Stoneage_Caddy
Can you believe I actually let him be my pimp for a day? ughhh I am disgusted!
thats what you get for not useing "The Vanilla Pimp":lildevil:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
Yeah hes 3 years younger than you are!

Thats not even legal in MN! :o

Sandy
02-01-06, 01:19 AM
I for one, do not think this should be LOCKED or yanked or whatever else there is. I do think MC does feel badly, & I'd hope he has learned a lesson, but 75% of me wants to believe that, and 25% DOES believe it. To lose all of ones credability is a pretty tough medicine, so, I think it would be nice if we, as a group ceased posting on this thread as well as anywhere else on this topic, and show that we don't need to be locked down, that we can all say, "goodnite" to the topic on our own, withouit enFORCEment ;)

Goodnite to all, MC Included ! I thinmk I have a headache......

DopeStar 156
02-01-06, 01:19 AM
Well B, he took those feelings, and weaved them through his fingers. I personally feel for you since you were pretty friendly with the guy......kid.

DopeStar 156
02-01-06, 01:21 AM
I for one, do not think this should be LOCKED or yanked or whatever else there is. I do think MC does feel badly, & I'd hope he has learned a lesson, but 75% of me wants to believe that, and 25% DOES believe it. To lose all of ones credability is a pretty tough medicine, so, I think it would be nice if we, as a group ceased posting on this thread as well as anywhere else on this topic, and show that we don't need to be locked down, that we can all say, "goodnite" to the topic on our own, withouit enFORCEment ;)
Good idea, this is my last post here on the subject.

Boombotz
02-01-06, 01:21 AM
I don't think he is really sorry. Just sorry he got caught!

Night Wolf
02-01-06, 01:22 AM
you werent the one hitting on his wife claire ....it was a joke anyway but damn i feel dirty ....becuse "claire" played along with the joke .....

like i said somewhere else , its like the crying game for the internet ....just terrible ...

I never fell for the cars , i figured THAT was a lie , i figured he and his wife had a old seville and a vectra ..... i figured the wife was real .....

You know what? I think YOU and YOUR '94 DeVille are fake....

...oh... wait... :)

j/k :)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-01-06, 01:22 AM
I do not think this thread should be locked either. I wanna see how this runs it's course. I wanna see what everyone has to say about this.

All I can say is if you ever come back "Mccombie" you wont hear from me anymore.... Don't expect any sympathy or any of that BS from me.

LittleB
02-01-06, 01:26 AM
Yeah hes 3 years younger than you are!

Thats not even legal in MN! :o

OK don't jump ahead of yourself here....LOL I did NOTHING with him :histeric: so no need for the legal talk. I do however feel weird about some of our conversations now...

And whats these comments about girls liking younger guys? I don't think so! Maybe when I am 50 I'll want a younger guy, but I like mature MEN!

Stoneage_Caddy
02-01-06, 01:27 AM
You know what? I think YOU and YOUR '94 DeVille are fake....

...oh... wait... :)

j/k :)
oh , there real , and there specatular

Night Wolf
02-01-06, 01:27 AM
OK don't jump ahead of yourself here....LOL I did NOTHING with him :histeric: so no need for the legal talk. I do however feel weird about some of our conversations now...

And whats these comments about girls liking younger guys? I don't think so! Maybe when I am 50 I'll want a younger guy, but I like mature MEN!

:crying:

Boombotz
02-01-06, 01:28 AM
I think that people need to voice there opinion and how they feel. I also think that he really enjoys all this attention. So it is really a catch 22.

LittleB
02-01-06, 01:28 AM
Yeah I don't think it should be locked. I'd like to see it run it's course and see what others say as well. Might as well let us get some entertainment out of it since he sure did!

Boombotz
02-01-06, 01:29 AM

Tom is younger than me and I love it.:yup:

LittleB
02-01-06, 01:32 AM
I wonder who the guy in his pic is/was.

Boombotz
02-01-06, 01:34 AM
I wonder who the guy in his pic is/was.

Probably his dad!

Night Wolf
02-01-06, 01:35 AM
ok, just to prevent any future confusion as to the realness of....myself...

This is a picture of me, I just took (self time on camera :) ) in my kitcken, holding a gallon of Publix brand 2% milk, with the spare dash pad of the Coupe standing there and I am holding the spare parking light/turn signals for the '79.... which happen to be from a '77 (hence they are clear) I threw the robe on... because, lets face it... nobody wants to see me in boxers with my beer belly :)

So yeah... I am real.... or atleast I think I am.... MAUAHAWHAHAHHAHAHA

gothicaleigh
02-01-06, 01:36 AM
I was wondering the same.
His dad perhaps? There does seem to be a resemblance to his real pics he posted on the other site.

Kev
02-01-06, 01:36 AM
Tom is younger than me and I love it.:yup:I'm younger than my wife (only 4 months but still..) I tease her that she will be a senior citizen before me and she likes to say; "Mom always said to get 'em young and train 'em!"

She tries (to train me) and she likes to take credit for my improvements.... I just let her think what she likes.... heh heh.....

As far as the situation at hand goes, I have mixed emotions. I've thought to close this at least for now but then..... I see that it isn't getting out of hand, everybody seems to be level headed about the whole thing so far so I guess it may as well remain open for now.

We'll see how things pan out.

gary88
02-01-06, 01:38 AM
Damn, i'm pretty surprised about all this. Someone who I thought would resemble http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38365000/jpg/_38365653_clarkson150.jpg turns out to be http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/mccombie_5/Stuff/me.jpg

But I still want to know why? I read though all 30some pages on TSN, and it's still not very clear other than "being bored." I mean, registering on all those forums, pretending to have all those cars, the house, the job, even making an account for your "wife" and "son", I just dont get it.

LittleB
02-01-06, 01:39 AM
Probably his dad!

That was my first thought There really is a resemblence between the two....but we'll never know.

Kev
02-01-06, 01:43 AM
I'm still trying to get to the other site to sift through the thread there (I'm feeling old and feeble cause I can't seem to keep up here! :annoyed: ) but the picture above is the same that he posted claiming to be his 16 year old son. It may be that the older guy really is his dad but who knows at this point??

LittleB
02-01-06, 01:47 AM
Damn, i'm pretty surprised about all this. Someone who I thought would resemble http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38365000/jpg/_38365653_clarkson150.jpg turns out to be http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/mccombie_5/Stuff/me.jpg

But I still want to know why? I read though all 30some pages on TSN, and it's still not very clear other than "being bored." I mean, registering on all those forums, pretending to have all those cars, the house, the job, even making an account for your "wife" and "son", I just dont get it.

All he said was "boredom" but I think it's a mixture of being bored, being depressed, being unhappy with who he truly is, some sort of social disorder, and possibly a pathelogical liar as well.

Jesda
02-01-06, 01:48 AM
I went to bed, woke up, and .... WTF? Am I still dreaming?

Boombotz
02-01-06, 01:49 AM

Sorry, but you really are awake.

Boombotz

This is crazy!

caddeville
Whoa, i never expected this kind of thing in the entire site. He played us, Meg especially. These kind of things discust me. I'm not forgivin that clown.

Spyder
02-01-06, 01:54 AM
huh...wow...

"Yea they're real. And they're spectacular!" I've always been a fan of "yea, they're real. Real nice!"

LittleB
02-01-06, 01:55 AM
Whoa, i never expected this kind of thing in the entire site. He played us, Meg especially. These kind of things discust me. I'm not forgivin that clown.

Hey! Why Meg especially? :( LOL I am just vulnerable with my feelings OK!! :D No honestly a lot of people got personal with him, and are hurt by it, like I am but I am pretty much already getting over it....

JimHare
02-01-06, 02:00 AM
ok, just to prevent any future confusion as to the realness of....myself...

This is a picture of me, I just took (self time on camera :) ) in my kitcken, holding a gallon of Publix brand 2% milk,

Thanks, Rick, just what I wanted to see - a snapshot of you in your bathrobe... :vomit: :eyebrow: :banana:

I just read part of the thread over on the other site, enough to finally understand that we (and others) have been the subject of a hoax on the part of "McCombie"...

Hardly surprising - it's damn near impossible to verify the identify of someone 'on the internet' if they don't want to be identified...or rather, if they simply want to 'be' someone else.

I have to admit I hadn't really formed an emotional attachment to "Craig", but I thought some of his responses were interesting, and never suspected he was not who he seemed to be..

Life goes on...

:yup:

caddeville
02-01-06, 02:06 AM
Ohh, I just got here, so i'm a lil slow, lol. I thought he was one of those know it all caddy guys. Its a real shocker.

LittleB
02-01-06, 02:09 AM
There is WAY more going on than that LOL

caddeville
02-01-06, 02:15 AM
I'm just real speechless about the situation. I thought this thread was a joke, all i felt was "What the hell is this all about"?

LittleB
02-01-06, 02:25 AM
Yeah it's pretty sad.....I was speechless at first too, but now I am FULL of things to say!

caddeville
02-01-06, 02:27 AM
The things i have to say shouldn't be said in the cadillac forums. So what, is he like my age?

LittleB
02-01-06, 02:29 AM
Yeah he is actually 16. If you wanna see exactly what happened go to that link...it's a lot of pages but it goes by fast. EVERYTHING was a lie....

and I agree, I can't say what I want to on here...but I can elsewere ;)

Kev
02-01-06, 02:34 AM
....So what, is he like my age?Only his mother knows for sure....

Not to insult any of our esteemed younger members but I can see this done by any number of teenagers around the age of 16. I might have thought of something like this my self at that age if we had this kind of technology back then (though I doubt I would have taken things to such length).

I had always wondered at the spelling and grammar errors that were made, I also wondered at the amount of posts he accumulated in a short period of time, especially feigning to be a successful architect, how would he have the time?! Now I know..:nono:

LittleB
02-01-06, 02:38 AM
Only his mother knows for sure....

Not to insult any of our esteemed younger members but I can see this done by any number of teenagers around the age of 16. I might have thought of something like this my self at that age if we had this kind of technology back then (though I doubt I would have taken things to such length).

I had always wondered at the spelling and grammar errors that were made, I also wondered at the amount of posts he accumulated in a short period of time, especially feigning to be a successful architect, how would he have the time?! Now I know..:nono:

Yeah I agree! I wondered about the time thing also, and about the spelling/grammar errors (but I passed those off cuz I get lazy and make errors too). I can see other people doing it as well but for THAT LONG, and lying about THAT many things. It's not normal!

caddeville
02-01-06, 02:40 AM
What was all of that talk about his wife, and kids in some other threads?

Kev
02-01-06, 02:43 AM
What was all of that talk about his wife, and kids in some other threads?A very vivid imagination indeed....:cookoo:

Kev
02-01-06, 02:44 AM
Geez, I'm only on page 26 on the TSN thread, I knew I should have taken that Evelyn Woodhead Sped Redding Course!! :banghead: :bang2::alchi:

LittleB
02-01-06, 02:48 AM
Almost done! Keep goin Kevo!

Kev
02-01-06, 02:59 AM
Imma workin onit thar lil gal! Imma workin on it... heh, thar goes my sacariliac! Quick, someone pass me an Ensure!

Kev
02-01-06, 03:15 AM
Whew! Finally! That was a long one for me. It will take some digesting for sure.

illumina
02-01-06, 03:20 AM
"Successful architect"?

I knew it! His real name is Art Vandelay!!!

caddeville
02-01-06, 03:27 AM
Damn, that was a long thread! Some really interesting info goin on. This is one bored/desperate kid!

Kev
02-01-06, 03:30 AM
Ok everybody, I have a confession to make......
The little picture in my signature is no longer correct. I have not been coloring my beard of late and it's natural color is brown with a lot of gray (white really) and my hair is not naturally that dark either..... it's also brown with a lot of gray.

I don't know how gray it is because it still has some color in it and my wife wants to continue coloring it. She doesn't mind the gray in the beard but doesn't want me to look older than I am.

I started turning gray in High School, my family has a history of premature gray on my Dad's side. At the age of 24 he was in a grocery store and was asked by some teenage girl working a display booth if he'd like to try a product for men over 50! :rant2:

Anyway, there it is. Please don't hate me. Other than the hair color it really does resemble me......

illumina
02-01-06, 03:36 AM
The little picture in my signature is no longer correct. I have not been coloring my beard of late and it's natural color is brown with a lot of gray (white really) and my hair is not naturally that dark either..... it's also brown with a lot of gray.

I don't know how gray it is because it still has some color in it and my wife wants to continue coloring it. She doesn't mind the gray in the beard but doesn't want me to look older than I am.

I started turning gray in High School, my family has a history of premature gray on my Dad's side. At the age of 24 he was in a grocery store and was asked by some teenage girl working a display booth if he'd like to try a product for men over 50! :rant2:

Anyway, there it is. Please don't hate me. Other than the hair color it really does resemble me......

I'm calling bullshit on this Kev. I found a real photo of you!:

caddeville
02-01-06, 03:38 AM
Don't worry bout it, just die your hair the natural colour and off you go. It runs in the family, not anything to do with you.

gdwriter
02-01-06, 03:43 AM
A very sad—and frankly pathetic—development. Even though we've never met in person—and probably won't, I think of you as friends. McCombie_5 was one of them, and I enjoyed his posts, but to learn it was ALL a hoax is a real kick in the balls.

I appreciate the wise words and honest, and occassionally profane reactions from Sandy, Stoney, Julie, DopeStar, B, Chad, Speedy, Illumina, Kev and others here. There, I've said my peace.

I should have known Claire was too good to be true. Dammit!

Kev
02-01-06, 03:46 AM
I'm calling bullshit on this Kev. I found a real photo of you!:Maybe in a few more (30?) years except, I'm not Asian. :p

gdwriter
02-01-06, 03:47 AM

That's OK, Kev. I have a similar problem. I started going gray in college. A few years ago, I colored it, but now I'm pretty much bald on top and what's left is 80% gray, so I just said the hell with it.

illumina
02-01-06, 03:49 AM
Maybe in a few more (30?) years except, I'm not Asian. :p

When I Googled "old men with beard," mostly Asian men came up. Next one I'll try will be a picture of Sigmund Freud.

davesdeville
02-01-06, 03:50 AM
What. The. ****.

illumina
02-01-06, 03:52 AM
What. The. ****.

WTF :wtf: :D

mccombie_5
02-01-06, 03:53 AM
No doubt this is going to get alot worse.

The reason I came clean is that as I did this I did build up relationships, and thats why it became harder to stop. I made great friends here under a false guise, and its hard to let go and disappear. I could have gone tonight and never returned, Elvis deleted the original "busted" thread.

I am GENUINELY sorry to all of you. I am 16, that is me in the picture and I really am Craig McCombie. No doubt my name ill be scattered across the internet anyways.

I took you all for a ride, but I didn't think I'd build realtionships up, that was the killer.

Once again my apologies.

BTW. This will sound immensly cheeky, but I dont drive yet, I'm not old enough. I am old enough to smoke a cigar and have done various times. Just thought that should be cleared up.

caddeville
02-01-06, 03:58 AM
Dude, you let many people down. What you have done was never even thought of in the back of my mind. I thought you were a rich 40 year old dude. You probably ARE sorry, but sorry won't change other members' thoughts of you after this thread.

mccombie_5
02-01-06, 04:01 AM
Dude, you let many people down. What you have done was never even thought of in the back of my mind. I thought you were a rich 40 year old dude. You probably ARE sorry, but sorry won't change other members' thoughts of you after this thread.

I know, I'd rather they know the truth though. Finally.

gdwriter
02-01-06, 04:01 AM
oh , there real , and there specatular
ROTFLMAO :histeric::histeric::histeric::histeric::histeric: :histeric::histeric::histeric::histeric::histeric:

I must point out, however, that Gladys has had cosmetic surgery. That is NOT an OEM grille. So would you call that a nose job?

Kev
02-01-06, 04:04 AM
What. The. ****.C'mon Dave, you know better! No profanity!

Kev
02-01-06, 04:17 AM
Hi Craig,

It's good that you've come clean. You should stay if you are willing to be honest and genuine. I am willing to start fresh on those terms. I can think back to a lot of things that I've done which I am ashamed of and cringe at the recollection, this may be one of those for you. I am glad for the opportunities that I have had to redeem myself.

It will take time but if you stick to it you can once again be counted as valued and loved member of this forum. Sure, there will be some who will choose not to accept you back but my guess is they will be in the minority.

You've played a part, a role, someone that you are not. What you need to consider is what kind of person, man you want to be in real life. Pick a goal, find out what it will take to get there and start heading for it but be honest about the place that you are in right now.

caddeville
02-01-06, 04:17 AM
You know what guys, lets put this behind us and give this kid a fresh start. It is difficult, we knew him as somebody he wasn't, but he came through and told us something we wouldn't ever expect and that takes LOTS of balls to do.
I'm still pissed, but i'll let it go.

Just start from square 1.

caddeville
02-01-06, 04:18 AM
Hi Craig,

It's good that you've come clean. You should stay if you are willing to be honest and genuine. I am willing to start fresh on those terms. I can think back to a lot of things that I've done which I am ashamed of and cringe at the recollection, this may be one of those for you. I am glad for the opportunities that I have had to redeem myself.

It will take time but if you stick to it you can once again be counted as valued and loved member of this forum. Sure, there will be some who will choose not to accept you back but my guess is they will be in the minority.

You've played a part, a role, someone that you are not. What you need to consider is what kind of person, man you want to be in real life. Pick a goal, find out what it will take to get there and start heading for it but be honest about the place that you are in right now.
you got here before me, damn my tv!!!! lol

caddeville
02-01-06, 04:22 AM
I made a goal in grade 8, which was to build my own lowrider. Today this goal is 90% finished. In the future, i'm looking to open my own lowrider/detail shop. Come on guys, he's learned his lesson.

Kev
02-01-06, 04:28 AM
I made a goal in grade 8, which was to build my own lowrider. Today this goal is 90% finished. In the future, i'm looking to open my own lowrider/detail shop. Come on guys, he's learned his lesson.Way to go! I hope your lowrider turns out as good as you've planned.

caddeville
02-01-06, 04:32 AM
Its turning out better than i ever exected. Air bags might be done after the paint job this summer. I've done all of the work myself.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/430347

caddeville
02-01-06, 04:42 AM
ok, i'm signin out. Its 12:40 am and i have to get up @7 am for school. Be back in 12 hours! Peace..

Kev
02-01-06, 04:57 AM
Looking good Alex, looks like you are making progress with it! :thumbsup:

Man, things have changed! Used to be, guys would remove the shocks and heat/sag or cut the springs, then came hydraulics, now air bags....
Technology is a good thing sometimes. :cool2:

davesdeville
02-01-06, 05:22 AM
C'mon Dave, you know better! No profanity!

Oh this deserves profanity my friend. :mad:

Boombotz
02-01-06, 08:14 AM
I am sorry. I personally can not be as forgiving as you Kev. He is a kid and made a big mistake that I get. My conversation with MC is done though. He can do as you say and hopefully some can forgive, but for me personally I will never believe anything he writes. This was just way to big.

Jesda
02-01-06, 08:38 AM
A kid at MBWorld pulled the same thing. He claimed to own an SL, gigantic house, and a Murcielago. The guy who owned the Murcielago found his thread and told him to stop claiming it was his.
http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=135278&page=1&pp=50

Whats funny is, this kid went as far as giving major investment advice.

gothicaleigh
02-01-06, 08:56 AM
I think he should score a book deal and go on Oprah.

SpeedyArizona
02-01-06, 09:38 AM
Well, it's good to see you back Mc. I would like you to stay, but it's ultimately up to you.

I really can't believe that you gave people financial advice though, that's one thing that suprises me.

Also, don't smoke. It's a bad habit and you'll be glad you didn't.

It's good that you revealed yourself though, I commend you for that.

SpeedyArizona
02-01-06, 09:55 AM
I can understand the lie about the cars, but you went one step further and created am "imaginary" world. If it was just about the cars, I could easily forgive you, but this fairy-tale world of yours is what I have a hard time comprehending. Forgive and forget.

FSU_Noles
02-01-06, 09:58 AM

Agreed. For a 16 year old to come up with the stuff that he did shows that he is rather intelligent and has a very vivid imagination. Maybe he could get an apprenticeship with Jk Rowling.

Jesda
02-01-06, 10:07 AM
I wonder how you go about spinning that on a resume?

Sandy
02-01-06, 10:27 AM
McCombie_5, SIR:-

Whatever you think you wanna do in life....DON'T ! Be a writer, an author!
You have emense talent as a writer. To fool 99% of the people on this site, as well as all those other sites (I saw the list! ~ Buick Site, too??) and many of us are - like me - in their fifties, and never miss a beat...you are GOOD.
Now, just channel that command of writing to a needed application.
One question. Is there really a Claire in your life? Mother, Sister, relative?
I only knew 1 Claire in my 59 years, so it struck me as a very probable name, and not one that would be "made-up".
Now, I think we are all curious as to WHAT car(s) YOUR Mom & Dad really do have. I'm betting on the Vectra and a VW.

Elvis
02-01-06, 10:53 AM

That may be the best quote I've ever seen! :histeric:

NOW, let's put some things in perspective.

Wes (elwesso) was 16 when he started here. We all know that he proved to be exactly as he represented himself. He was probably too open with his true identity, but we're all nice people here and we accepted him despite his youth. He earned a lot of responsibility on this forum in the early days and he deserves some of the credit for it being what it is today. I really miss him.

Don't forget RB, either. He was just 15 when he first showed up. NObody was able to get on our nerves like he could. Again, he proved to be exactly as he represented himself. Very competent verbally, very intelligent. Annoying as hell, but a really smart kid.

Maybe Wes and RB are the reason why we're holding McCombie to such a high standard? They are the EXCEPTION to the rule. Most kids that age are NOT capable of communicating and reasoning at such a high level.

McCombie is a good kid who made a mistake. He got carried away with it, but he was mature enough and strong enough to own up to it. That's probably a lot more than most of us would do, because it's so easy to just disappear on the internet.

Cut the guy some slack. We all screwed up socially in some way or another when we were 16.

DopeStar 156
02-01-06, 11:02 AM
No doubt this is going to get alot worse.

The reason I came clean is that as I did this I did build up relationships, and thats why it became harder to stop. I made great friends here under a false guise, and its hard to let go and disappear. I could have gone tonight and never returned, Elvis deleted the original "busted" thread.

I am GENUINELY sorry to all of you. I am 16, that is me in the picture and I really am Craig McCombie. No doubt my name ill be scattered across the internet anyways.

I took you all for a ride, but I didn't think I'd build realtionships up, that was the killer.

Once again my apologies.

BTW. This will sound immensly cheeky, but I dont drive yet, I'm not old enough. I am old enough to smoke a cigar and have done various times. Just thought that should be cleared up.
:lies: :lies: :lies: :lies: :lies: :lies: :lies: :lies: :nono: :blasted:

Sandy
02-01-06, 11:10 AM
Okay. I'll forgive & forget. Think about this. If he had never posted that picture of someone else's Jaguar XJ, with the license plate showing, I think he never would have been nailed. Am I correct in that?

C'mon back Mc, but keep it real....You are :welcome: as long as you tell
NO :lies:

HotRodSaint
02-01-06, 11:21 AM
I had my suspicions about this 'lad' long ago. Most millionaires spend their time working, not chatting on the internet. And most millionaires are rightfully paranoid so as not to give details about their personal lifes, so that they don't become prey to others.

Not knowing who is really on the other end of the keyboard, is one reason why I don't get too chummy here, or anywhere on the internet. Besides that, the internet should be no substitue for real life relationships.

As for this kid, he needs to get off his lying arse and go play soccer in the park with some kids his age.

Some of you others need to use wisdom in choosing your online buddies, as it could very well save your life. Because as sad as this story is, I'd really hate to read about a tragedy that happened because of someones carelessness on the Caddie Forums.

mccombie_5
02-01-06, 11:23 AM
Those of you who don't believe what I've said in my apologies are perfectly entitled not to, I don't blame you.

Thanks everyone, I'm not sure I'll be staying though.

Jesda
02-01-06, 11:24 AM
Well, on most car forums, the worst that happens is someone pays for a used part and gets ripped off.

Jesda
02-01-06, 11:49 AM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005JLS9.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

slk230mb
02-01-06, 12:07 PM

Jesda, can I hire you to narrate my day? I feel like the comentary would have me on the floor from laughing so hard for the better part of a day.

Lord Cadillac
02-01-06, 12:10 PM
Those who don't want to forgive and forget, I don't blame you. We're all differently emotionally.. Me, as most of you know, I'm very forgiving. Honestly, this doesn't bother me at all.. Maybe I didn't get as close to Craig as some of you did.

For those of us in our 30s, try to remember some of the silly things we did when we were 16. Now try to imagine there being an internet when we were 16.... Need I say more?

Ranger
02-01-06, 12:12 PM
I do not stop in the forum often as most probably know. Spend most of my time in the Northstar, Seville & Deville sections. I think I have even spoke to MC in those sections a few times. I didn't read the lengthy link he posted, got bored but got the gist of it from here. Just have to throw in my $0.02. I'm with Sandy, Boombotz & little B. I have no use for liars. Whether he comes back or not, his credibilty is shot. Everyone is asking WHY? It seems very evident to me. "Walter Mitty" comes to mind. MC said he could no longer go on because of the friendships he built here. Perhaps he learned a long lasting lesson early in life. "Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to decieve".

Jon
02-01-06, 12:12 PM
Wow.... What a loser is all I gotta say... To actually waste the time to come up with an online identity...

Thats why I never believe what people say they own unless they take a million pics of their cars with them in it.

I didn't even follow what happened in the lounge, and I have no personal attachment, but I can't say I can just 'forgive.' It's just so low, that this kid would lie to people, and then when it got real, he still went on and built up 'relationships' with his false identity.

Boombotz
02-01-06, 12:17 PM
I do not stop in the forum often as most probably know. Spend most of my time in the Northstar, Seville & Deville sections. I think I have even spoke to MC in those sections a few times. I didn't read the lengthy link he posted, got bored but got the gist of it from here. Just have to throw in my $0.02. I'm with Sandy, Boombotz & little B. I have no use for liars. Whether he comes back or not, his credibilty is shot. Everyone is asking WHY? It seems very evident to me. "Walter Mitty" comes to mind. MC said he could no longer go on because of the friendships he built here. Perhaps he learned a long lasting lesson early in life. "Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to decieve". :yeah::yeah::

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-01-06, 12:21 PM

Oh I know you guys never did anything, I was just making a statement on how wierd it was to have some of those conversations and find this out :)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-01-06, 12:23 PM

Finally Caddeville and I agree on something!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-01-06, 12:28 PM
You know what guys, lets put this behind us and give this kid a fresh start. It is difficult, we knew him as somebody he wasn't, but he came through and told us something we wouldn't ever expect and that takes LOTS of balls to do.
I'm still pissed, but i'll let it go.

Just start from square 1.

Wow man this is a level of maturity I hadn't expected from you.
I'm very impressed :)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-01-06, 12:31 PM

LOL!!!! Wow I second what SLK230MB said!!!!!

To clear things up, here is a picture of me. I am standing in my room, my bed is behind me, I am wearing a Lincoln hat, there is a Porsche poster behind me, with the Cayenne, Boxster and 996 gen 911. And behind my bed is my window, its dark out, so i shut my miniblinds.
http://myspace-382.vo.llnwd.net/00197/28/31/197611382_l.jpg

Brett
02-01-06, 12:38 PM
So does this mean that the thing about his house NOT burning down was a lie too and it really did burn down or maybe it never did? hehe......this is pretty funny

Kev
02-01-06, 12:43 PM
So does this mean that the thing about his house NOT burning down was a lie too and it really did burn down or maybe it never did? hehe......this is pretty funny:histeric:
Quite the noodle twister eh?

Night Wolf
02-01-06, 12:54 PM
That may be the best quote I've ever seen! :histeric:

NOW, let's put some things in perspective.

Wes (elwesso) was 16 when he started here. We all know that he proved to be exactly as he represented himself. He was probably too open with his true identity, but we're all nice people here and we accepted him despite his youth. He earned a lot of responsibility on this forum in the early days and he deserves some of the credit for it being what it is today. I really miss him.

Don't forget RB, either. He was just 15 when he first showed up. NObody was able to get on our nerves like he could. Again, he proved to be exactly as he represented himself. Very competent verbally, very intelligent. Annoying as hell, but a really smart kid.

Maybe Wes and RB are the reason why we're holding McCombie to such a high standard? They are the EXCEPTION to the rule. Most kids that age are NOT capable of communicating and reasoning at such a high level.

McCombie is a good kid who made a mistake. He got carried away with it, but he was mature enough and strong enough to own up to it. That's probably a lot more than most of us would do, because it's so easy to just disappear on the internet.

Cut the guy some slack. We all screwed up socially in some way or another when we were 16.

I've been here since I was 15 as well.....

Before this I was on the Grand Am club (still am) Even though my age (14... 15 whatever) was listed in my profile... July 2nd, 2003 I got my learners permit to drive, so I made a thread about it being excited. Well, nearly everyone was shocked so much, as eveyone thought I was atleast early 20's... nobody believed I was really 15/16... that someone so young could be so mature.... Same thing with my tech school, everyone thought I was 22-30 y/o, lol.

tru504187211
02-01-06, 12:57 PM
It's one thing to lie and lie and lie to a chick to sell her a dream to get things you want from that, because you'll actually receive things! But what did he actually want to get out of lying on internet forums? Get out of depression? Feel he had friends?...

He can stay, but I bet he'll feel real salty for a while...hey, at least he's a local celebrity on the net now!

LittleB
02-01-06, 01:17 PM
I agree! He would've made the same friends with or without the cars/money/wife etc. so what did he gain by doing this? I wonder how far it went, did he actually write things down that he told us so that if it came up again he'd remember what he said? I don't know, it's all so weird. He carried out a lie for SO LONG and about SO MANY THINGS...Yeah he is 16 but he knows what he did...he knows EXACTLY what he did.

Lord Cadillac
02-01-06, 01:30 PM
...and I believe he feels stupid for doing it and I believe he's genuinely sorry. Time heals all wounds...

Jon
02-01-06, 01:35 PM
Is he genuinely sorry? Yeah, he's sorry he got caught. Would he have stopped if he hadn't been busted? Doubt it. That's the thing. It's not like he just said, "oh, I feel bad, I should come clean." He got busted for it and this is the only thing he coulda done.

caddeville
02-01-06, 01:44 PM
I don't entirely agree with you, i garauntee you that he began to feel guilty after al of this time and he knew that he was going to get busted. As he began to get caught, he knew he has to come clean. He knew that we would become suspicious of all the grammar errors and spelling errors.

Lord Cadillac
02-01-06, 01:45 PM
He could have requested a different IP address from his internet service provider and simply started over.. He never "had" to come back and face the music...

caddeville
02-01-06, 01:46 PM
MC, come back and chill with us!!:welcome:

Lord Cadillac
02-01-06, 01:46 PM
I'm not going to argue for him. You all need to do what you feel is right for yourselves. I'm not going to sit here and justify what he did. To me, I believe it's right to forgive and forget - or at least to give a second chance.. You do what you think is right...

caddeville
02-01-06, 01:47 PM
I agree.

LittleB
02-01-06, 01:54 PM
He could have requested a different IP address from his internet service provider and simply started over.. He never "had" to come back and face the music...

Only thing I want to say about requesting a new IP address is....what FUN and ENTERTAINMENT would have come out of that for him? Sorry to get all psychological and look deeper, but that's how I see it.

I don't want to argue sides either...I just know that I am very sensitive, and I genuinly care about people and their feelings. I hate lies.

I too think he deserves a second chance, but forgive and forget...I don't know about that one.

LittleB
02-01-06, 02:04 PM
I really do wanna kinda come off it now, I just really wanted to share my feelings. Some of us were hurt more because some of us were deeper in it. He is a really smart kid, and I really do hope he puts his knowledge to better use.

D148L0
02-01-06, 02:10 PM
"OMG SOMEBODY MADE A FAKE IDENTITY AND LIED, LIED TO US!!"

Welcome to the internets people, that thing happens lotsa times every day. And you have to recognize he did a pretty good job. I am more amused than offended.

I don't care if he comes back or not. But I am not going to ask for his head, either. What, none of you were 16 or lied ever? Yeah right, you didn't.

LittleB
02-01-06, 02:14 PM
Little white lies, or lies to get out of trouble? Yes. A WHOLE IDENTITY THAT INVOLVED PEOPLES FEELINGS AND GOT PERSONAL? No.

But I must also add that I am amused as well LOL

Kev
02-01-06, 02:16 PM
I'm not going to argue for him. You all need to do what you feel is right for yourselves. I'm not going to sit here and justify what he did. To me, I believe it's right to forgive and forget - or at least to give a second chance.. You do what you think is right...Well said.

Jesda
02-01-06, 02:26 PM
I've lied, but I've never made up my entire life. It would be funny if I lied about my cars though. None of them cost me over $2000 except the Q45 which I no longer own.

Kev
02-01-06, 02:27 PM
I too think he deserves a second chance, but forgive and forget...I don't know about that one.For your own well being Megan, consider your above quote.

How can one have a second chance if no one is willing to forgive and eventually forget? The three are essential together in my mind but in proper order. To allow for a second chance one must forgive, prior to forgiveness there must be repentance and sometimes restoration. After that, accountability and time showing a good faith effort to not repeat the offence is required in order to forget lest we provide avenue for further perpetration.

Stoneage_Caddy
02-01-06, 02:28 PM
I've lied, but I've never made up my entire life. It would be funny if I lied about my cars though. None of them cost me over $2000 except the Q45 which I no longer own.

does that mean its not really your picture in that avatar ?

just when i started feeling beatter about how i looked ....i remeber seeing it and saying "good god thats one ugly dude" ,he looks like that alf guy.... instaly feeling beatter .....

Kev
02-01-06, 02:30 PM

just when i started feeling beatter about how i looked ....i remeber seeing it and saying "good god thats one ugly dude" ,he looks like that alf guy.... instaly feeling beatter .....Mike! Did the pretty little gal at work piss you off again?! Try and be nice here! :histeric:

Stoneage_Caddy
02-01-06, 02:31 PM
Mike! Did the pretty little gal at work piss you off again?! Try and be nice here! :histeric:

lol , nope she hasnt pissed me off one bit , still enjoying my time with her ....

me ? nice? :histeric:

LittleB
02-01-06, 02:34 PM
For your own well being Megan, consider your above quote.

How can one have a second chance if no one is willing to forgive and eventually forget? The three are essential together in my mind but in proper order. To allow for a second chance one must forgive, prior to forgiveness there must be repentance and sometimes restoration. After that, accountability and time showing a good faith effort to not repeat the offence is required in order to forget lest we provide avenue for further perpetration.

I just mean, "mccombie" is still a person, and he has a lot to offer to the forums, and for that, I think he deserves to stick around etc., but for me personally, to just forgive and forget right this second like you guys is VERY hard. If he stays I am not going to be rude, and I will still show him respect...it's really not that important in the over all scheme of things, but this just happened yesterday, and I am just feeling it out. I tend to think outloud so that's what I did when I responded.

Jesda
02-01-06, 02:39 PM

just when i started feeling beatter about how i looked ....i remeber seeing it and saying "good god thats one ugly dude" ,he looks like that alf guy.... instaly feeling beatter .....

We Melmackians are a proud people!!!

Kev
02-01-06, 02:42 PM
I just mean, "mccombie" is still a person, and he has a lot to offer to the forums, and for that, I think he deserves to stick around etc., but for me personally, to just forgive and forget right this second like you guys is VERY hard. If he stays I am not going to be rude, and I will still show him respect...it's really not that important in the over all scheme of things, but this just happened yesterday, and I am just feeling it out. I tend to think outloud so that's what I did when I responded.I understand Megan. I don't think most will nor should they forget any time soon, we need to watch out for future scams, but to forgive when asked is a good thing. It's not always easy but good none the less.

gdwriter
02-01-06, 02:43 PM
Just in case anybody's wondering, I really DO own a '64 Impala named Betty. She is real, and she is spectacular. Here I am with her outside Prescott, Arizona in December, 2001:

http://www.gdwriter.com/graphics/prescott/images/PC020042.jpg

And here I am behind the wheel on a road trip on the Oregon coast in August, 2004:

http://www.gdwriter.com/graphics/astoria/images/P8080004_2.jpg

Kev
02-01-06, 02:44 PM
...me ? nice? :histeric:Please note; the opperative word in my sentence was 'try'. :p

Kev
02-01-06, 02:45 PM
We Melmackians are a proud people!!!Yes, but you have bad hair, and I hear you can't get any girls.... :yup: :duck:

LittleB
02-01-06, 02:47 PM
I understand Megan. I don't think most will nor should they forget any time soon, we need to watch out for future scams, but to forgive when asked is a good thing. It's not always easy but good none the less.

I agree!

Kev
02-01-06, 02:56 PM
Well, this little episode has consumed hours of my time. I need to sign off and try to get some work done. I just hate to have to wade through pages of 'catch-up'. I'm really going to have to invest in a good speed reading course.....:nono:

See y'all after a while.. :wave:

LittleB
02-01-06, 02:59 PM
You gotta multi task like me :p

FSU_Noles
02-01-06, 03:02 PM

So that whole cross country journey in the dead of winter to sell a car... hmmm... you must have photoshopped those gas station and hotel photos - good job!!

:worship::alchi:

LittleB
02-01-06, 03:12 PM
:histeric:

DBA-One
02-01-06, 03:22 PM
What the hell happened? I don't have time to read al 50000000 pages!

Boombotz
02-01-06, 03:31 PM
Bottom line is I really at this point don't care what Mccombie does. I just wont have conversation with him. Yea I keep hearing the excuse of him being 16. We where all 16 once and did stupid shit I don't disagree, but when we got caught we payed the price. Not only that, any one who can come up with all this shit is more than a smart individual and knew exactly what he was doing. 16 or not he was out to deceive and he accomplished that, making it seem like it is all OK because of his age I don't think is the right approach either. How does one learn from there mistake. Just remember he wasn't sorry until he got caught.

LittleB
02-01-06, 03:31 PM
Mccombie and everything about Mccombie was a lie. He is a 16 year old boy. He came clean, it's really pretty interesting and worth the read.

(No cars, no house, no wife and kids, not an architect)

LittleB
02-01-06, 03:32 PM
Bottom line is I really at this point don't care what Mccombie does. I just wont have conversation with him. Yea I keep hearing the excuse of him being 16. We where all 16 once and did stupid shit I don't disagree, but when we got caught we payed the price. Not only that, any one who can come up with all this shit is more than a smart individual and knew exactly what he was doing. 16 or not he was out to deceive and he accomplished that, making it seem like it is all OK because of his age I don't think is the right approach either. How does one learn from there mistake. Just remember he wasn't sorry until he got caught.

I agree!!

DBA-One
02-01-06, 03:32 PM
Not too surprised. Timelines he described didn't make much sense.

EcSTSatic
02-01-06, 03:35 PM
Geesh! 1800 hits! Is this all anyone has to talk about, a liar and a fraud? Let's move on people!

LittleB
02-01-06, 03:40 PM
LOL well this situation is extremeley interesting...

peterb
02-01-06, 03:43 PM
Hey, I'm just visiting from TSN - I really am Peter Bell, I really do drive an Audi RS6 and a Toyota MR2 (Spyder, on that side of the pond), I know very little about Cadillacs, and I really am 52 y/o! You will be able to see that I've been a member on TSN for almost three years - I wouldn't have got away with a lie for that long! :)

Someone who I thought would resemble http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38365000/jpg/_38365653_clarkson150.jpg
Ha - did he really post that as a photo of himself? No wonder we didn't get to see that photo on TSN - that's Jeremy Clarkson, a well-known motoring journalist and TV personality in the UK!

Spittin Game
02-01-06, 03:44 PM
Wow, what kind of loser does that? The kid must have ZERO friends in real life, when I was 16 the last thing I wanted to do was go on an online forum and try to be someone else. Boredom or not, thats pathetic. I could understand a small joke, but having it go on for this long and actually replying to peoples posts and giving advice for so long. Haha, what a tool!

Oh and I always thought he was lying, just reading the stuff he posted it all didnt add up at times. I guess I was right.

edit: I just noticed he has 4,372 FAKE posts. Hahahaha, pathetic!

DBA-One
02-01-06, 03:49 PM
LOL well this situation is extremeley interesting...

I'm sure he isn't the only liar. When the supercharged Mustang cobras came out all kinds of people claimed to have one but would never post a picture with their DL, today's paper laying on the car.!

Kev
02-01-06, 03:55 PM
Hey, I'm just visiting from TSN - I really am Peter Bell, I really do drive an Audi RS6 and a Toyota MR2 (Spider, on that side of the pond), I know very little about Cadillacs, and I really am 52 y/o! You will be able to see that I've been a member on TSN for almost three years - I wouldn't have got away with a lie for that long! :)

Ha - did he really post that as a photo of himself? No wonder we didn't get to see that photo on TSN - that's Jeremy Clarkson, a well-known motoring journalist and TV personality in the UK!Welcome! :welcome:

No, he didn't post that as a photo of himself, gary88 posted that as it was how he imagined he looked.

gothicaleigh
02-01-06, 04:24 PM
Ha - did he really post that as a photo of himself? No wonder we didn't get to see that photo on TSN - that's Jeremy Clarkson, a well-known motoring journalist and TV personality in the UK!

Oh, we're very familiar with Mr. Clarkson even over here. Excellent show, that Top Gear. :thumbsup:
<mumbles>even though they are a bit overly biased against things like the corvette and CTS-V...

Jon
02-01-06, 04:56 PM
Hey guys, I just bought a STS-V and have a XLR-V on delivery... http://www.mwstangs.com/forums/images/smilies/disturbed2.gif

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-01-06, 04:57 PM
There was a terrible liar on M-B world..

He was 16, claimed he had a 300SEL gullwing, and Maybach and a whole bunch of other cars that had 6 digits price tags. When I came on there and told everyone how I was new to M-B, but I was interested and wanted to learn. And I told how I have a '92 Sedan deVille, this kid told me that I was wasting my time dreaming about these cars, because I drive a "POS Cadillac" I wrote back a nasty responce and never heard from him again.
I guess a lot of other members on there hated that kid too.

God bless the internet.

illumina
02-01-06, 05:09 PM
Well, my take on the situation is that's it's an INTERNET FORUM! Not the most likely place to find truth and reason about any single individual.

For the record:

If anyone wants to know what I look like, I posted a military picture of myslef some time ago. I don't think it's on here anymore, but that was some sort of proof that I am real...That proved that I was a.) In the military, b.) I am for real. I was also present for a few minutes at the Ohio meet. Also, there's not too many jackasses willing to do the shit that I've done with my car. That brings me to another proof of me: look at my Cardomain site and look at the cars that I have: they're real too!

That said, did I really expect to make friends on the internet when I was looking for ways to improve Cadillac performance a long while ago? Not really, and in all honesty, I doubt if anyone really likes me as a friend at all. I guess I just don't care because like I said before, it's an INTERNET FORUM!

Jon
02-01-06, 05:10 PM
What WOULDA been cool if he actually owned those cars, then when people came and called BS, he threw up a buncha pics and shut them up...

Wow, I'm so bored at work, I should just go sign up on some forum and tell everyone I have a CTS-V and a CTS... See waht they say..

boricuacaddy
02-01-06, 05:13 PM
I read almost all the thread posted and replied by Mccombie. And for the life of me would have never known he was only 16 years old! Mccombie you are one smart kid, you did not have to pretend you were someone else. As smart and very knowledgeable you are, everyone here would have gladly been your friend. I am glad you owned up and realized the mistake you were making and hopefully everyone will eventually forgive you! Hope you decide to stay and be yourself!

David

Kev
02-01-06, 05:48 PM
Well, my take on the situation is that's it's an INTERNET FORUM! Not the most likely place to find truth and reason about any single individual.

For the record:

If anyone wants to know what I look like, I posted a military picture of myslef some time ago. I don't think it's on here anymore, but that was some sort of proof that I am real...That proved that I was a.) In the military, b.) I am for real. I was also present for a few minutes at the Ohio meet. Also, there's not too many jackasses willing to do the shit that I've done with my car. That brings me to another proof of me: look at my Cardomain site and look at the cars that I have: they're real too!

That said, did I really expect to make friends on the internet when I was looking for ways to improve Cadillac performance a long while ago? Not really, and in all honesty, I doubt if anyone really likes me as a friend at all. I guess I just don't care because like I said before, it's an INTERNET FORUM!The real question here is whether or not any of us truly exist. If I may borrow a theory on that; "I exist, pigs exist, therefore, I am a pig..... no.. that's not right....... :hmm: "

LittleB
02-01-06, 06:04 PM
LOL is this all a dream?

Caddy Man
02-01-06, 06:12 PM
I didnt read all the pages on this, but what a dumbass. Im sorry I have no sympathy like some of you might. Ive kwown people like this in my life to fabricate all kinds of stupid crap. He didnt just lie abotu who he was, he took us all for a ride. I remember all those threads about buying his son a car, claire posting, him being in the hospital, his picture he posted, his merry christmas greetings from the mccombies, all the posts about his new cars, or how his Phaeton drove. He knew what he was doing the entire time. It wasnt just oen incident of decieving us. Every one of his posts was a lie. Peopel like this have serious psychlogical issues.

On a side note, I always wondered how he had so many cars and was able to buy such expensive cars at the drop of a hat. Ive seen and know quite a few people with a lot of money (im talkin big name surgeons and owners of very large companies) that do not own as many cars as he did, or are able to just go out and purchase a Jaguar or a Mercedes convertable, not to mention a Bentley GT because the wife wants one (he was talkin about buying one). A Bentley is no joke, regualr rich people cant even afford them.

Adam
02-01-06, 06:22 PM
Hey, I'm just visiting from TSN - I really am Peter Bell, I really do drive an Audi RS6 and a Toyota MR2 (Spider, on that side of the pond), I know very little about Cadillacs, and I really am 52 y/o! You will be able to see that I've been a member on TSN for almost three years - I wouldn't have got away with a lie for that long! :)

hey whats up man? stick around here if you want, invite them other people on TSN too. :welcome: together we can start a healing process :rolleyes: :histeric: .

SpeedyArizona
02-01-06, 06:45 PM
I was also wondering how someone could buy a car at the drop of a hat, especially one that's well over $100,000! I only know 2 wealthy people (with families) out of my large group of friends. One of them drives a Lexus LS430, the other drives a...get ready for this...a Ford F-250 (although his wife has a nice Yukon Denali).

I'm guessing both could afford the monthly payment on a Bentley GT if they REALLY wanted it, but wouldn't even consider buying one. I don't know anyone that just drops money for a car at a whim. This always puzzled me...

OffThaHorseCEO
02-01-06, 06:59 PM
damn, i caught this early today and have read all day about it, didnt even finish the tyresmoke one, this is kinda messed up, but wat can i say, its the internet, shit like this happens. the only thing that kind of gets me was this:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40005&page=7

i dont know why, but that thread made me respect the hell out of him, maybe its really him speakin on those but his credibility is still shot to hell for me, and like i said, its just the internet, its all good ill just act like mccombie 5 is just a new member now haha...

peterb
02-01-06, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the welcomes, guys. I'll pop in from time to time to see how you're all getting along. Trouble is, as I said in my first post, I don't know a great deal about Cadillacs. I've only ever driven one American car - that was the 58 Nash Rambler that my Dad bought new whilst we were out in Canada (PEI) and shipped back to the UK. He kept that car for 26 years!

When we moved out to PEI, we brought a Morris Oxford (1500cc - 91.5 cubic inches?) with us. My Dad built a folding camping trailer whilst we were out there and used that Morris to tow from coast to coast, over the Rockies - Vancouver, Yellowstone, Miami and back. I wasn't quite 5 y/o at the time, so I don't remember it too clearly.

Anyway, I'll report back to TSN how friendly you all are! Thanks again.:bouncy:

peterb
02-01-06, 07:02 PM
gary88 posted that as it was how he imagined he looked.
Okay, sorry - I misunderstood!:bonkers:

SpeedyArizona
02-01-06, 07:04 PM
I'd like to throw one quote in for those who condemn him:

"Those who have not sinned cast the first stone".

I'm not saying what he did was right, but I believe in second chances. Just remember that quote before you type.

urbanski
02-01-06, 07:05 PM
The real question here is whether or not any of us truly exist. If I may borrow a theory on that; "I exist, pigs exist, therefore, I am a pig..... no.. that's not right....... :hmm: "
i fell in the woods once but nobody heard me :(

terrible one
02-01-06, 07:18 PM
Well, I finally got home and red all 12 pages...

I frankly don't care what he does. I agree with the select few that think it is amusing. This really is funny, but I think it is more stupid/sad than funny.

Caddy Man
02-01-06, 07:49 PM
Now I know this was the internet, and honestly I admit its not that big of a deal, but it is just sad. I feel mccombie really has some mental issues he needs to sort out, this went way beyond a little lie.

Anyways, this story remidns me of a kid I knew in high school. It was my senior year and it was fall of 2001 shortly after 9/11. This kid really was in the Junior Marines, but he fabricated a lie that he was flying out to Ground Zero to help in the rescue and cleanup efforts. We all belived him and commended him, I mean who thought someone would lie about that?? After a week goes by, I start wondering how they are flying him out after school and then returning him back so he can go to school the next day and that he is totally wide awake and does not seem fatigued at all. I thought that was kind of strange, expecially with all the help they had already. He even had a pager he wore saying the people would page him when it was time to go. He even brought back chunks of concrete saying it was from the WTC. Well the town newspaper heard about his ''heroic'' actions and wanted to write an article on him, well then they found out it was all a lie. He would ahve someone page him as school as getting out, go home and jsut sit in his basement the rest of the day and thats where he would go. We had a huge assembly where he apoligzed to the entire school and his Marine Officer was also there with him. We were all civil with him after...but no one ever trusted him. He would say soemthing and under peoples breaths they would say ''liar''. It was a huge fiasco that got so carried away he had no choice but to confess.

Jesda
02-01-06, 08:04 PM
I once worked as a team lead at a call center for a cellular company. This girl I worked with always told us she had a rich boyfriend, and we were really happy for her. She said he paid her rent, covered her expenses, and worked for HP. At parties (at her place, even) I remember her boyfriend being asked "Hey, how's work!" and other questions alluding to his success. I thought nothing of it at the time, but he always responded with a confused look on his face.

She once started bawling her eyes out during her shift, and I, the kind and concerned manager, decided to walk outside with her so she could air her grievances. She was REALLY crying hard, so I gave her a hug and told her everything would work out. She told me her father beat the crap out of her boyfriend, called him a loser, broke some ribs, and put him in the hospital.

A week later I saw him at a party and he looked fine. A friend of mine also ran into him working... at a gas station. I was so bothered by her lies and all the trust I wasted that I just tuned it all out.

SpeedyArizona
02-01-06, 08:05 PM
CaddyMan, that's one heck of a story! Whoever did that has some SERIOUS mental issues!

brougham
02-01-06, 08:07 PM
I never liked him anyway so I couldn't care less about any of this. He always sounded like a spoiled brat always bragging about his expensive cars or his big house or anything else like that and I got tired of reading his posts a long time ago.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-01-06, 08:13 PM
Now I know this was the internet, and honestly I admit its not that big of a deal, but it is just sad. I feel mccombie really has some mental issues he needs to sort out, this went way beyond a little lie.

Anyways, this story remidns me of a kid I knew in high school. It was my senior year and it was fall of 2001 shortly after 9/11. This kid really was in the Junior Marines, but he fabricated a lie that he was flying out to Ground Zero to help in the rescue and cleanup efforts. We all belived him and commended him, I mean who thought someone would lie about that?? After a week goes by, I start wondering how they are flying him out after school and then returning him back so he can go to school the next day and that he is totally wide awake and does not seem fatigued at all. I thought that was kind of strange, expecially with all the help they had already. He even had a pager he wore saying the people would page him when it was time to go. He even brought back chunks of concrete saying it was from the WTC. Well the town newspaper heard about his ''heroic'' actions and wanted to write an article on him, well then they found out it was all a lie. He would ahve someone page him as school as getting out, go home and jsut sit in his basement the rest of the day and thats where he would go. We had a huge assembly where he apoligzed to the entire school and his Marine Officer was also there with him. We were all civil with him after...but no one ever trusted him. He would say soemthing and under peoples breaths they would say ''liar''. It was a huge fiasco that got so carried away he had no choice but to confess.

Wow thats such a shithead thing to do!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-01-06, 08:15 PM
I never liked him anyway so I couldn't care less about any of this. He always sounded like a spoiled brat always bragging about his expensive cars or his big house or anything else like that and I got tired of reading his posts a long time ago.

Wow really? You're about the only one I've seen who didnt like Mccombie from the start...

addison_ii
02-01-06, 08:22 PM
To my fellow forum members and friends:

I just read through all 12 pages and even tried to read through the link posted on the 1st page. I'm very pissed that I've been lied to and decieved. I really don't know which one makes me more angrier, the fact that I was lied to or the fact that I believed the lies?.. I have to say that I really did consider MC5 a friend. It didn't matter to me what his social status was, or how much his house cost, or how many cars he said he had. He was a fun person to converse with and had much insight on many things. I can understand the feelings on both sides of this matter. Those who are hurt over this vs. those who really don't care and think it's amusing, actually both are right. I feel a little of both.

To MC5,
When you establish a reputation as a straight up guy and later are found to be a liar, it destroys bridges of friendship, admiration, and a genuine sense of a shared interest or understanding. While it is not my place to judge you, what you did was wrong. I undertsnad that we all want to escape reality at some times due to its harshness but to create fake personas to satisfy this boredom and carry out this deception for so long isn't a healthy way to cope with it. We welcome everyone who comes here with open arms. We do not care about race, gender, financial ability,sexual orientation or religious preference. All we ask is that you like Cadillacs, own a Caddy, or at the very least have a question about a Caddy. I'm sure we have folks here from all walks of life but, we try to respect one another, and you or anyone else might not realize it but we also have a certain level of trust(wouldn't you have to trust someone to listen to advice given about car repairs?).Some of us have told life stories on here and shared life changing moments. That should show you how connected we feel. I offer my forgiveness if you want it, but to forget is not to remember the mistake that was made. I understand the need to fit in but remember: to tell a lie in the beginning, is to live a lie in the end.

I will extend the offer of a fresh start to you, so that we can meet the "real" you.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-01-06, 08:25 PM
Now I know how those Milli Vanilli fans felt......

HotRodSaint
02-01-06, 09:16 PM

Best post yet!! :duck:

LittleB
02-01-06, 09:43 PM
To my fellow forum members and friends:

I just read through all 12 pages and even tried to read through the link posted on the 1st page. I'm very pissed that I've been lied to and decieved. I really don't know which one makes me more angrier, the fact that I was lied to or the fact that I believed the lies?.. I have to say that I really did consider MC5 a friend. It didn't matter to me what his social status was, or how much his house cost, or how many cars he said he had. He was a fun person to converse with and had much insight on many things. I can understand the feelings on both sides of this matter. Those who are hurt over this vs. those who really don't care and think it's amusing, actually both are right. I feel a little of both.

To MC5,
When you establish a reputation as a straight up guy and later are found to be a liar, it destroys bridges of friendship, admiration, and a genuine sense of a shared interest or understanding. While it is not my place to judge you, what you did was wrong. I undertsnad that we all want to escape reality at some times due to its harshness but to create fake personas to satisfy this boredom and carry out this deception for so long isn't a healthy way to cope with it. We welcome everyone who comes here with open arms. We do not care about race, gender, financial ability,sexual orientation or religious preference. All we ask is that you like Cadillacs, own a Caddy, or at the very least have a question about a Caddy. I'm sure we have folks here from all walks of life but, we try to respect one another, and you or anyone else might not realize it but we also have a certain level of trust(wouldn't you have to trust someone to listen to advice given about car repairs?).Some of us have told life stories on here and shared life changing moments. That should show you how connected we feel. I offer my forgiveness if you want it, but to forget is not to remember the mistake that was made. I understand the need to fit in but remember: to tell a lie in the beginning, is to live a lie in the end.

I will extend the offer of a fresh start to you, so that we can meet the "real" you.

I like what you said Addison!

Adam
02-01-06, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the welcomes, guys. I'll pop in from time to time to see how you're all getting along. Trouble is, as I said in my first post, I don't know a great deal about Cadillacs. I've only ever driven one American car - that was the 58 Nash Rambler that my Dad bought new whilst we were out in Canada (PEI) and shipped back to the UK. He kept that car for 26 years!

When we moved out to PEI, we brought a Morris Oxford (1500cc - 91.5 cubic inches?) with us. My Dad built a folding camping trailer whilst we were out there and used that Morris to tow from coast to coast, over the Rockies - Vancouver, Yellowstone, Miami and back. I wasn't quite 5 y/o at the time, so I don't remember it too clearly.

Anyway, I'll report back to TSN how friendly you all are! Thanks again.:bouncy:

you dont have to know anything about American cars or Cadillacs to stay here. we welcome anyone (obviously) and treat everyone with respect. stick around, you seem like a nice guy and i even heard you just bought 2 Maybachs and 3 Continental GTs. yeah, tell the other people from TSN to join up too, ya'll would go great with the V boys...

Jesda
02-01-06, 10:13 PM
LOL is this all a dream?

If it is, I am SO playing grabass with you.

+1 for creepy brown guy. :duck:

Elvis
02-01-06, 10:24 PM
You're all just voices in my head. None of you really exist.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-01-06, 10:26 PM
"But is it in your conscience that you're after....another glimpse of the madman across the waaaaateeeeerrrrrrr........."

Elvis
02-01-06, 10:29 PM
the lunatic is in my head

he he he he he he he he he......

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-01-06, 10:31 PM
Does he tell you to burn things too?
My lunatic does, but I found out that alchohol shuts him up!

Kev
02-01-06, 11:38 PM
"I've got a hole in me pocket and I can't get it out." - Ringo Star

illumina
02-01-06, 11:53 PM
The real question here is whether or not any of us truly exist. If I may borrow a theory on that; "I exist, pigs exist, therefore, I am a pig..... no.. that's not right....... :hmm: "

*Philosophical moment*

I believe the true answer is "I think, therefore I am."

I've often wondered too that because God is so powerful and great, the we don't really exist and that this world and our existence and the things we do are part of God's divne and powerful mind :bulb: :bonkers:

*End of philosophical moment*

Other than all of that, all I was trying to say is that I am who I say I am.

Stoneage_Caddy
02-02-06, 12:02 AM
*Philosophical moment*

I believe the true answer is "I think, therefore I am."

I've often wondered too that because God is so powerful and great, the we don't really exist and that this world and our existence and the things we do are part of God's divne and powerful mind :bulb: :bonkers:

*End of philosophical moment*

Other than all of that, all I was trying to say is that I am who I say I am.
good then send me your adress to prove it ....

and so i can get this intercooler out of my room

Kev
02-02-06, 12:07 AM
....all I was trying to say is that I am who I say I am.http://www.gmroper.com/archives/popeye.jpg

AznPrydeRegalRyde
02-02-06, 12:12 AM
If it is, I am SO playing grabass with you.

+1 for creepy brown guy. :duck:
hahahahahahahaha :) almost fell of my seat. :)

If we're airing things out, I should as well. The 'vette I list as my own? The ol'school 58? Well, thats the old mans. He let me borrow it for a summer, during a summer of alot of travelling. During that summer, I moved, fairly far away and accidently took the 'vette with me. It's now in storage where he can't find it and through one thing and another, he hasn't gotten it back since (read: gotta love moms :). :)

Stoneage_Caddy
02-02-06, 12:27 AM
hahahahahahahaha :) almost fell of my seat. :)

If we're airing things out, I should as well. The 'vette I list as my own? The ol'school 58? Well, thats the old mans. He let me borrow it for a summer, during a summer of alot of travelling. During that summer, I moved, fairly far away and accidently took the 'vette with me. It's now in storage where he can't find it and through one thing and another, he hasn't gotten it back since (read: gotta love moms :). :)

sounds like my dads vette , over the past 4 years ive bought it from him at least twice .....you know , worked out the deal ....every time something stops it short , the last time we deicded it was beatter off in his hands while i went to college , as a old vette in a college parkinglot is a disater waiting to happen ...

all the talk did finnaly get somewhere , we resumed the restoration last year , its a very slow going deal , boath of us terribly short on time ....

still lots to do , like rebuilding the smog 350 into something more beffiting a car like this with thousands in race suspension under it ....