Cadillac Owners Forum banner
3K views 50 replies 14 participants last post by  I~LUV~Caddys8792 
#1 ·
This really isn't the type of car you see every day in these parts - I had never seen one in person. I never would have guessed anyone within 100 miles of here acually owned one. Didn't get to talk to the owner about it, unfortunately. Would he have to import it, or is this the model that was made in the States?

Anyone here ever ridden in one of these? It looks like the most cramped car in the world. No legroom or headroom from the looks of it, and the pedals looked like they were about half an inch apart. I'd like to drive one, but I don't think at 6'4, 240 lbs, with a size 13 EEE shoe I could even ride along as a passenger...

Sorry for the crummy picture, I only had my phone camera with me.

See less See more
#2 ·
They finally got them certified for the US market and started selling them here over a year ago.

There were a lot of airbags/lights/bumpers issues to deal with, but once they did, it was possible for them to sell them here.

It's a pretty cool little car, but VERY much like a go-cart. That's good in every way, unless you like any luxury--that's not the mission. And it's very cramped too.

At 6'3, I don't think I'd fit either...at least not comfortably.

#4 ·
There are a few neat cars here, but I don't see them very often. There's a Bentley I've seen once or twice, a older Rolls (I think) that I caught a glimpse of once, and an older Maserati Bora (owned by the same guy who has the Bentley) that I've seen a few times in, drive throughs of all places. The Lotus was new to me. Some of the ricers here claim there's a red one that's at the rice shop every now and then, but that's hard for me to believe. I had no clue they were so tiny - I could practically fit the thing in my trunk!

#5 ·
I passed an orange one parked in a lot on the way to this Welding Shop to get my buddy's shackles in his truck repaired. Back when I was living in West Chester, PA...there was a guy with a maroon colored one that had a turbo on it. It was pretty sick. There were three seperate ones in that town too, the Maroon one, a Silver one, and a Green one. This is the same town that I pulled up at a light next to a guy in a Murcielago Roadster. SO far, that's the only one I've ever seen.

#7 ·
Teague, you should have parked your '76 next to it for a sweet pic! Talk about contrast!

Side note, I'm 5'6", 135lbs and I would be pretty cramped in that!

#8 ·
My Lincoln dealer where I bought my T.C. is a Lotus dealer, and one of the biggest there is. I believe the only 1 in New Jersey. He has 20 in stock, 1 in every color, it looks like a rainbow, far a distance. He has sold lots of them, including 1 to a woman in her mid-60s !! I like the dark purple and also the Mango Orange.

#9 ·
I~LUV~Caddys8792 said:
Teague, you should have parked your '76 next to it for a sweet pic! Talk about contrast!
Yeah, I should have. If I ever see it parked anywhere again I'll do that. It had a local plate, so with any luck I'll find it again. The parking lot I was in is designed so badly that with a car the size of my Fleetwood you take the space it will go in, not the space you want.

Sandy said:
My Lincoln dealer where I bought my T.C. is a Lotus dealer, and one of the biggest there is. I believe the only 1 in New Jersey. He has 20 in stock, 1 in every color, it looks like a rainbow, far a distance. He has sold lots of them, including 1 to a woman in her mid-60s !! I like the dark purple and also the Mango Orange.
That's pretty neat. It sounds like they come in every color imaginable. If there's only one dealer in New Jersey, I'd be surprised if there was one in my area at all. The nearest is probably in Atlanta or Nashville, both are three hours away.

#10 · (Edited)
I'm sorry, I have found out that there are more than 3 in N.J. ~ the one I am familiar with is the only one in Northern Jersey. There is one in Central Jersey and possibly 2 in Southern Jersey. I'd guess perhaps 4 or 5 in the state. But there's at least an hour drive between each one.

Ardent Red / Saffron Yellow / Magnetic Blue / Aubergine Purple / Starlight Black / Bordeaux Red /
Arctic Silver / Chrome Orange / Graphite Gray / Aztec Bronze / Nightfall Blue / Racing Green /
Storm Titanium / Krypton Lime /

#11 ·
I got to ride in one.. I use to hate them.. now I love them.. I want to replace my tired miata that I use for track days and autocrossing for an Elise. Both cars a equally good in respect to handling.

Elise is not bad in price either, you can find them on e-bay for about 35K. Also there not selling well there are few sitting on dealer lots.

#12 ·
TeagueJT81 said:
Yeah, I should have. If I ever see it parked anywhere again I'll do that. It had a local plate, so with any luck I'll find it again. The parking lot I was in is designed so badly that with a car the size of my Fleetwood you take the space it will go in, not the space you want.
lol, parking that Elise next to your '76 is like parking a canoe next to the Queen Mary!!

#15 ·
Yeah I had that same problem too. Murcielago, Maybach or Rolls Silver Seraph... Its a very hard decesion..

#17 ·
Oh as was I

#18 ·
im was being serious, in case you didnt notice.
I'm is too;).

It's hard to decide between the Elise, Corvette Z06, and the almightly Ferrari F430....decisions, decisions....

Back to the Elise, I've only seen a couple roaming about. Very neat little cars, they don't look too comfortable to drive though. If I ever wanted an affordable exotic that would stand out, I'd look to the Elise. Very cool car:D!

Oh as was I
I thought you were looking at the Porsche 911;)?

#20 ·
SpeedyArizona said:
I thought you were looking at the Porsche 911;)?
Yeah of course, a 996 911 Turbo!! Or a Z06. But not right now, but after I get my multimillion dollar paycheck on thursday.

#23 ·
Pfft cheerleaders! With my pocketbook, I can buy Playboy, Hustler and Fox, and have all the girls be mine!

#24 ·
I've driven the Elise several times as a close friend of mine owns one. If you are tall, you might have a problem as even getting into the Elise is an art. Driving it is one of the most fantastic road experiences you'll ever have--it's that good, if not great. It stops well, it accelerates well, and it takes turns far beyond what most other cars, including the high-end exotics can ever do. It also takes a great deal of abuse and just keeps running. It is an automobile that you can quickly fall in love with as driving it is a "true" sports car experience. I am waiting on the new Lotus Europa:

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/LotusModels/LotusEuropaS.html

#25 ·
That Europa looks awesome!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.