: Emission leak

lawnpatio
04-02-06, 09:52 AM
I was wondering if anyone has experienced this:

This has happened quite a few times already. I will be pumping gas from which the tank was nearly empty. About 1/2 to 3/4 full the gas pump will automatically shut off like the tank is full. I will continue to turn the pump on but it will almost "fight" me and won't fill. I was wondering if this could be connected to the P0442 code I have been getting for almost a year now. I already tried replaced the gas tank cap because the error code is related to a small emission leak. However, that didn't stop the code from popping up again. Any ideas anyone??

TKE_CAT
04-05-06, 01:11 AM
Mine got that same Code, and autozone told me something about a secondary air injection? I dunno, I was told by the dealership that it was a common evaportative code, and i needed a gas cap. I have yet to replace it though. I have also been told something about another air line somewhere could have a leak. I dunno , but i have put about 4k miles on it since the light came on, so im not worried about it.

wilj97
04-13-06, 12:48 AM
I was wondering if anyone has experienced this:

This has happened quite a few times already. I will be pumping gas from which the tank was nearly empty. About 1/2 to 3/4 full the gas pump will automatically shut off like the tank is full. I will continue to turn the pump on but it will almost "fight" me and won't fill. I was wondering if this could be connected to the P0442 code I have been getting for almost a year now. I already tried replaced the gas tank cap because the error code is related to a small emission leak. However, that didn't stop the code from popping up again. Any ideas anyone??

no don't think connected.

the P0442 for me was the green EVAP line to the north of the coolant tank (mine is a 99) the green cap was loose... there's a tag on it that says to tighten to finger tightness, well, i started to tighten and lo and behold the little guy was just about to come off. so i tightened it down like a toothpaste cap and had the code cleared and it hasn't come back...

now i havent filled up yet since that occured, but my first fill up on saturday night with the new 99 did that spillage thing....dunno about this issue yet....