Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Remembering Pope John Paul II

708 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  LittleB 
#1 ·
The one year anniversary of the Catholic Church's Pope John Paul II.Another defining moment in my life and the lives of others (Catholic or non-Catholic). John Paul II was one of the most honorable men that ever lived, he will be forever known as "The People's Pope". http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12080643

#2 ·
He really was a great man, I definatley got a little emotional watching the coverage from St. Peter's on fox news. I was glued to my TV for hours.

My mom was born and raised in Krakow, Poland. John Paul II actually used to be the bishop of one of the churches there, and my mom recieved her confirmation from him.

#3 ·
I'm in Rome for the next few days, and people around here really miss him, there's pictures and things around, and after talking to a few people, they believe he was a great pope. It's getting pretty nuts around here, this being Benny 16's first Easter as the Papa and all, but I miss John Paul II. He had a nice smile.

#4 ·
I'm in Rome for the next few days, and people around here really miss him, there's pictures and things around, and after talking to a few people, they believe he was a great pope. It's getting pretty nuts around here, this being Benny 16's first Easter as the Papa and all, but I miss John Paul II. He had a nice smile.
Enjoy it, one place I need to see before I die.

He really was a great man, I definatley got a little emotional watching the coverage from St. Peter's on fox news. I was glued to my TV for hours.

My mom was born and raised in Krakow, Poland. John Paul II actually used to be the bishop of one of the churches there, and my mom recieved her confirmation from him.
I was also glued to my tv the whole week before his passing. Everyone knew that this would be the last few days he would ever see. On that afternoon in April when I heard he died, I nearly jumped online to book a ticket to Rome!

Such a generous man, gave himself and expect nothing in return.

#5 ·
I remember when both John Paul I and John Paul II were elected. I had just started a Catholic high school and it was a huge deal to them.

Nobody knew JPII was going to be as great as he became. Probably the greatest impact (for good) of any person in the 20th century.

#7 ·
I remember being glued to the TV too. I am not really religious but I was interested in the process. The media was horrible though, they said he passed away when he hadn't yet. I started callin people to let them know (I was home that day instead of at work), and then 10 minutes later they said "Oops...he is still alive." Anyway, it was amazing to see how many gathered there. Very powerful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.