: HELP PLZ CHECK HERE!!! dent problem

fleetwood_driver_85
04-01-06, 04:38 PM
hello guys i have a problem, i have 2 large dents on my passenger side back door, i was wondering what i should do? should i take it to maaco or get a new door or what cause i heard that the color is hard to match its like a goldish tannish color, i dont want to spend alot of money just for the door thats why i considered maaco.

fleetwood_driver_85
04-02-06, 07:10 AM
anyone??:confused:

Bro-Ham
04-02-06, 11:17 AM
Hi there!

Have you considered paintless dent removal? In that process, instruents are wiggled from the inside of the panel in order to make it look like new.

It may be helpful if you'd be kind enough to post some pictures of the dents so everyone can see it and give the best advice.

Good luck and we're all here to help!

Dave

scurling
04-02-06, 01:55 PM
Yes, pics would be helpful for more helpful advice. I used the dentless removal on my '94 Brougham and was very pleased, ok you could even say amazed. It was used only on small dents though, nothing larger than hail size. Runs about $100.00 per dent removed.

I (and insurance) paid $1,200. for the entire car. All doors, hood and trunk lid. On the smooth dents, you can't even see they were ever there. On the deeper dents with slighly more crease, you can see just a hint of "ripple" if you really strain the eyes.

The dentless option was actually recommended by two private small repair companies who wouldn't touch my car using conventional repair methods for just the dents. They said I wouldn't be pleased with the results unless the entire panels were repared and repainted. I agreed, and my car looks great, considering the 12 years old finish.

fleetwood_driver_85
04-02-06, 04:07 PM
sry guys no camera! :'( but the dents i think are pretty big there like the size of a basketball on my back right door, would it be cheaper to just get a new door? but then i heard the paint is hard to match, its like a goldish tannish color, but yeah i think the paintless dent removal is useless on my car due to the dents being to big

fleetwood_driver_85
04-02-06, 10:50 PM
people dont get answers very quickly in this forum do they :mad:

Bro-Ham
04-02-06, 11:21 PM
Hi,

Everyone is here to help. Just remember, help others help you. It's nearly impossible to advise you without seeing a picture of the damage. You may want to bring the car to a body shop and get an estimate. It's free and you can do it quickly. While you are there, simply ask the body repair expert for their advice since they will see the car and can suggest other options.

Good luck!

Dave

ocjmakaveli
04-03-06, 07:21 AM
Dear poster you are not using this forum how it should be used.......

For example your asking us if it's cheaper to replace the doors instead of having them repaired.......WELL no one here can tell you what kind of prices you'll find around where you live and.......we don't even know if you'll find hte right color.

If you shop around at junkyards you may find a good door cheap or maybe not.....no one online can tell you for sure.

A body shop repair is around $350 with paint etc.

So start looking this is one question no one here can answer completely.

zonie77
04-03-06, 12:07 PM
Dear poster you are not using this forum how it should be used.......

For example your asking us if it's cheaper to replace the doors instead of having them repaired.......WELL no one here can tell you what kind of prices you'll find around where you live and.......we don't even know if you'll find hte right color.

If you shop around at junkyards you may find a good door cheap or maybe not.....no one online can tell you for sure.

A body shop repair is around $350 with paint etc.

So start looking this is one question no one here can answer completely.

DITTO!
If you got lucky and found a door in the same color that would be the easiest and cheapest. Are you feelin lucky?

You just have to go get estimates.

You didn't put location in your profile so we don't even have an idea of your location.

Another point...At least you put "dent repair" in the title, too many people put HELP! or Please look or some title that doesn't give a clue on their problem. We don't get paid to do this...we just like sharing knowledge. Most of us have knowledge about specific areas. Being specific helps get answers from the people with that knowledge.

Sorry for my little rant. Or not so sorry...:rant2:

brougham
04-03-06, 07:04 PM
Well either way you're going to have to get the door painted anyway so it's up to you what you want to do with it. zonie77 is right. Putting something like HELP PLZ CHECK HERE!!! in the title isn't going to help you with anything. More then anything it's just annoying to look at.