: Removing radio...instructions???

caddy4sho
04-01-06, 01:44 PM
Ahhhhh...noooooo!! I have been working on my car slowly but surely and i used the guide online @ http://www.carstereoremoval.com/htm/stereoremovalCadillacCatera97_01P.htm to remove my radio, console etc.. Awesome link!!.. a year ago that was!! Now they are charging pay-per-view to see those instructions. I know generally how to put it all back together but I wanted to use that as a guide so i dont mess anything up. I checked around and couldnt find nething. Does anyone have any suggestions on how i can get instructions w/o having to pay $5 for something i got for free a couple of months ago??

Boris
04-01-06, 02:29 PM
1-The ashtray is first out (1 Philips head screw)
2-With a stiff wire (I used an underwire from a bra),pull out the 4 filler covers between the TC, Trunk, Hazard and Fuel door switches.
3-Pull out the TC and Trunk switches.
4-Remove the 4 Philips screws that were hidden by the plastic covers and 2 more that are behind the ash tray.
5-Pull back the radio surround enough to remove the TC and Fuel door wiring plugs(one you pull up , the other to the side. they will only come out if the switches were removed in step 3).
6-Rotate the radio surround out of your way with the remaining wires still connected.
7-Remove remaining Philips head screws holding the radio(4 I think), pull radio out and disconnect wiring.
8-Place factory radio in the trash:)

I'm going of memory and my mind is rather cloudy this morning. That might explain the ranting.

Good luck, don't be afraid to write back if you get into trouble.

guardian
04-01-06, 09:59 PM
I think Boris has it about right.

If it's photos and formality you want:

http://www.metraonline.com/downloads/pdf/TurboKits/INST99-2004.pdf

If you have trouble dealing with the fact this is .pdf, say so.

caddy4sho
04-02-06, 09:01 PM
thanx guys...the pics are what i was looking for..i needed to kno which screws where b/c i have a bunch of other stuff pulled out of the car....later on i really didnt wanna end up having a short screw when i needed a long one. thanx again

Boris
04-02-06, 09:04 PM
Just to ease your mind, all the screws in the radio section are the same.

caddy4sho
04-03-06, 03:00 PM
oops..then i gotta go back :-( oh welll

AwfulSmokey
05-16-06, 02:40 PM
I just had 2 aftermarket radios installed from 2 different places. 1st one wouldnt hold memory and i returned it thinking the radio was junk. 2nd place i bought a better radio(still in now) and this one doesnt hold memory either. Well it holds it for like 10-15 min's and then poof. I specifically told the 2nd shop about my dilemma with the first and he assured me he would rewire it. Same problem only holds memory for about 10-15 min's after the car is turned off. Anyone have the same problem?

heavycat
05-16-06, 08:03 PM
I just put in a 2 din navigation in my cat and i had the same problem
easy fix. remove the deck , and run the yellow battery wire from the deck to the fuse box under the steering colum. tie the wire into fuse #8. , it should be a 15 amp fuse. i have the bose system , but im pretty sure the fuse holder numbers are the same. just twist the wire around one of the prongs on the fuse and plug it back in. that should solve the prob. let me know if you have a prob