Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Happy April Fools!!!

1K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  Elvis 
#1 ·
Rent is due today.All i have is $560.Rent is $729.Maybe i should tell the dudes to cut me break.Theyd say OK,and then be like April Fools!Ehhh whatev,I had a date with the Captain again tonight,so that may explain this post.

Hope you guys dont get pranked too bad,except night wolf,i hope his milk expires,i always hate that,when my milk expires.

I wish i had some frosted flakes right now...

#9 ·
Anywhere in damned California is ridiculous...not just the bay...but yes, that is high. Buddy of mine lives in a beachhouse in La Jolla...not sure how or why he chose that, because if he lived two miles away, he'd be much better off...deals blackjack and makes a helluva lot of money, but pays it ALL on rent...a grand a week, yessirr! ONE THOUSAND a week, just to live on the f'ing ocean in a small place with low ceilings that always has sand on the floor. :)

#12 ·
Rent = $729
Power averages = $90
Cable with shitty movie channels = $127
Car Insurance = $208
Cell Phone averages $100
Not to mention my drinking habbits...

Central Florida cost of living has shot WAY up since my parents first got their house in '86.Things are pretty damn expensive.My apartment is small too.1 Bedroom,1 Bath,pretty nice location.

#13 ·
Happy April Fools' Day!! to you all as well. Rent and the cost of living is high here as well. The Average hosing cost 1000-1500 a month and the base price of ownership is around $185,000. In Michigan where I am from the average monthly payment is 350-500 and base price of ownership is $50-75,000.

#14 ·
Values in New Jersey are in luner orbit! We bought our house for $71,400.00 in 1981. Had it appraised last Autumn, as we thought about selling it. It appraised for $359,000. We cannot sell it, as we can't afford anything we like. They are all over 1/2 a million. Values hve gone up appox. 500 percent over the past 25 years. You can't touch new construction for under $700,000. Luxury apartments rent for $4,000 a month, nice apartments for $2,800 a month, average for $ 1,800 a month, ghetto for $ 1,000 a month.

#15 ·
addison_ii said:
Happy April Fools' Day!! to you all as well. Rent and the cost of living is high here as well. The Average hosing cost 1000-1500 a month and the base price of ownership is around $185,000. In Michigan where I am from the average monthly payment is 350-500 and base price of ownership is $50-75,000.
Where in Michigan is that? West Branch or something?

Around here the minimum monthly rent is higher than the average you just posted.

#16 ·
Zorb750 said:
Where in Michigan is that? West Branch or something?

Around here the minimum monthly rent is higher than the average you just posted.
That's in Saginaw. The township may range a little higher however.

#17 ·
my uncle is into real estate in the Phoenix area...he buys new houses from developers. Its getting so expensive there that the developer usually has them sign a contract saying they'll keep the house 2 years before "flipping" it :p
that and you have to BID on the house!! Highest offer and all that lol.

San Antonio isn't that bad now....but hopefully it will be when we sell :D

#18 · (Edited)
my uncle is into real estate in the Phoenix area...he buys new houses from developers. Its getting so expensive there that the developer usually has them sign a contract saying they'll keep the house 2 years before "flipping" it
that and you have to BID on the house!! Highest offer and all that lol.
Haha, you're telling me! Here in "Snotsdale" I used to pay $800/ month for a 1 bedroom apartment 6 years ago! It's ridiculous here, all the Californians who can't afford to live in Cali anymore move here and it's driving homes prices (and everything else) ridiculously high! About 7 years ago when I moved here, a normal 3 bed/ 3 bath home in the upscale parts of Phoenix (Fountain Hills, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, etc) was around $260,000, now that same 3 bed/ 3 bath would be going for a bit less than $1,000,000. It's good for my job since I basically live off comissions, but many people have started grumling about their home insurance and tax.

When I bought my modest 2 bed/ 2 bath condo (with views to die for) about 5 years ago, it priced out at $240 some thousand, I had it assesed a few months ago and now it's worth a little over $500,000.

The real estate market is gradually slowing here which is to the relief of interest buyers, but now the sellers that want to sell properties but waited a bit to long to jump on the bandwagon, are really starting to hurt financially. It's a vicious cycle, and I'm a lion:D.

#19 · (Edited)
Damnit Meg, keep all the Californians in California, we don't want them anymore;)!

Sandy said:
Luxury apartments rent for $4,000 a month, nice apartments for $2,800 a month, average for $ 1,800 a month, ghetto for $ 1,000 a month.
Whoa, that's even expensive for here! Most "nice" 1BD/1BR apartments go for $1200/ month and 2BD/2BR for $1600/ month. We really don't have any luxury apartments, they're either "nice" or "average". (I hate the word nice, it's so....)

My definition of a comfortable apartment is one that is located in a safe area with amenities that are open for use 24/7. Many have good views of mountains or golf courses and are located in a beautiful setting.

#20 ·
Not to veer off the plotted course for this thread, since Real Estate is such a fun topic :) but I thought it might be of interest to some to hear how the whole April Fools thing started.

Prior to the adoption of the Gregorian calendaring system in the West in 1582, the new year was celebrated between March 25th and April 1st - and April 1st was the big daddy day for partying, drinking, playing jokes, and in general behaving like this Mardi Gras was gonna be your last.

The new calendar moved New Years Day to January 1st. The French, who weren't too happy about Pope Gregory to start with, decided that, being, after all, well, French, they would just go ahead and do what ever they damn well wanted to. So, with the rest of Europe and such moving New Years to 1/1, the French were the only ones left joking around and making..well, fools out of themselves on 4/1.

Gradually, the idea of playing jokes and increasing the general level of merriment and revelry spread to the rest of Europe, and gradually the colonies...

So it all started cause the French didn't want to stop having fun on April 1st.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.