Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Lockpick

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Charles Warren 
#1 ·
Hello, do they still make the Lockpick for our cars? I can't seem to find a place to purchase one. Thanks!

This post has been deleted
#6 ·
What is the serial # or item # or manufacturer # of the lockpick I would need for a 2006 STS-V? I know that they are no longer made for the 2006, but I may have a line on one for an 07. Are the 06 and 07 STS lockpicks identical?

Also, in my research I see guys writing about how the lockpick is activated, with some saying that the lock pick must be switched on at the unit, while others say that they are able to turn theirs by the steering wheel mounted controls. How do you know which lockpick starts up which way?

All I want to do is to be able to use my , or watch a DVD, automatically whenever I'm driving, without turning anything on or off. Is it possible to do that, or will it always have to be turned on manually when starting the car?

----------

Is this the Part # of what I'd need for my 06 - "GMVIMSTS07 USB-KIT"?

#11 ·
All I want to do is to be able to use my , or watch a DVD, automatically whenever I'm driving, without turning anything on or off. Is it possible to do that, or will it always have to be turned on manually when starting the car?
The one with the toggle switch would allow you to toggle it 'ON' and leave it like that ... however while you have a lockpick activated your Navigation unit will be useless until you deactivate it again as it blocks GPS, and VSS information from getting to the radio.

So the typical flow for lockpick usage for Navigation would be to:
Activate it
enter destination
start route
deactivate lockpick
After about a minute or two the GPS should update to show an accurate location and continue to route you to the destination.

If you only plan to use it to watch video, then I suppose you could turn it on and forget about it, but I'm not sure if there are any side effects to leaving it on.

#7 ·
06 uses a on/off button that I mounted under the dash. The 08+ uses the mute button on the wheel.

I have the 06 model installed on my 08 because I carried it over from my last STS. You can use it on the newer models but you can NOT use the new models on the 06. Not sue of the part #

I have never had any issues with mine since I purchased it back in 2011... Now finding one today is the real challenge.

#16 ·
06 uses a on/off button that I mounted under the dash. The 08+ uses the mute button on the wheel.

I have the 06 model installed on my 08 because I carried it over from my last STS. You can use it on the newer models but you can NOT use the new models on the 06. Not sue of the part #

I have never had any issues with mine s!ince I purchased it back in 2011... Now finding one today is the real challenge.
I have my 06 lockpick but have an 08 v now. Did you just plug it in? Do I have to cut the push button toggle switch?

#8 ·
Thanks Rob. Now I just need to verify the part#, and determine if it stays activated in reverse.Does your lock pick stay on at low speed in reverse? Some say yes, including Tomm, while others like Ludacrisp say no (says the shift to reverse stops the pick from working. I'm looking to install a backup cam so I need it to activate and stay on in low speed reverse.

#9 ·
It all depends on what one you have. The 08+ model from PAC-Audio "nu-STS" does not work in reverse at all. My activator is holding the source button on the wheel for 4 seconds, not the 4x mute button press trigger. Not sure when it was changed.
The 05-07 one made by tomm had a toggle switch to work in any gear position.

----------

There is or at least was a 05-07 style lockpick for sale in the classified section on here.

#14 ·
Rboughne1 said:
So Nav-TV got back to me that their lockpick model, the GMVIMSTS07, will not work on my 2006 STS V, as it fits only 2007 -2011 STS. How could it work on an 07 V, and NOT the 06 V, when the 06 and the 07 are identical? I understand that the 08-09 are different form an 06, but the 07? I call bullsh!t...I just got a lazy ass customer service rep who doesn't know the difference between the V and the regular STS. Does anybody know the correct actual Part# THEY utilized in their build? King of Lacs?!?! Anyone?!?! I'm also trying to work the problem at both ends, and get an answer for what I would need from Coastal "E" Tech Lockpicks to see what the correct model # would have been for the 06 V. ---------- Nope. Nothing for 06
Because the 05-06 STS used 3 checks to determine motion while the 07+ only used 2...

05-06
VSS
GM LAN
Nav antenna

07+
VSS
GM LAN

Tomm Lockpick which is dced now is the only way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.