: The Man in Black's '75 Fleetwood at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach

gdwriter
03-31-06, 04:42 PM
A '75 Fleetwood (black of course) that was originally owned by Johnny Cash is up on the auction block at Barrett-Jackson in Florida. A couple of links:

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/events/florida/vehicles/cardetail_list.asp?id=185035

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=109822#4

85_fleetwood
03-31-06, 09:28 PM
Johnny Cash drove a sweet Cad!

KaddyKat
03-31-06, 10:44 PM
saw that, 21,000 dollars . Did that year have the two ornaments on the hood
as standard? Looked kind of strange, Beautiful car as they all are on that show.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-01-06, 01:31 AM
Now that is american luxury! Look at how thick those doors are! Its friggin massive!

Bro-Ham
04-01-06, 11:14 AM
as standard? Looked kind of strange, Beautiful car as they all are on that show.

Hi,

Someone over-ornamented the car! In 1975 it originally came with the wreath and crest affixed directly to the front of the car since it was a standard Fleetwood Brougham. If this black 1975 car was a d'Elegance or Talisman model, which it is not, then it would have the stand-up wreath and crest hood ornament.

In 1976 the Fleetwood Brougham finally had the stand-up wreath and crest hood ornament as standard.

That black JC car is really nice! It's getting more and more rare to find them in excellent shape. I regret selling a 1976 FB about 3 years ago that had only 12k miles and it was an all time favorite - - those super long wheelbase cars ride and drive just awesome plus they are built like tanks! :thumbsup:

Dave

DopeStar 156
04-01-06, 12:54 PM
I heard it on;y sold for like what.... $20,000? I expected it to do a little better than that.

CoupeDevilleRob
04-01-06, 05:27 PM
What do you expect from Barrett Jackson, no Hemi = no big money. I hate these auctions. At another auction that car probably would have bought more money, but the rich retards who go to Barrett Jackson are only there to drop money on big block Vettes or Hemi crap boxes, they could care less about a luxury car, even if it was owned by the Man in Black.

Sandy
04-01-06, 09:27 PM

Checked my brochure. The stand up one is correct, the one ON the hood's flat front surface is not. (It was added).

Bro-Ham
04-01-06, 09:35 PM
Hi Sandy,

I looked at my '75 brochure and it shows a Fleetwood Brougham with the ornament on the flat front surface and indicates stand-up ornaments are for Brougham d'Elegance and Talisman. Stand up was standard on all Fleetwood Brougham models in '76. The Johnny Cash car simply says "Brougham" next to the opera lamp so it's a standard (if you can call it that!) 1975 Fleetwood Brougham model. Quoting from the 1975 large Cadillac brochure: "Brougham d'Elegance. So majestic it attracts admirers wherever it goes. Immediately identifiable by the jewel-like standup wreath and crest hood ornament..." Further: "Fleetwood Talisman...a standup wreath and crest on the hood..." Standard Fleetwood Brougham, as the JC car is, is shown in the 1975 Cadillac sales brocure with the wreath and crest on the flat front surface of the hood. Maybe we have different brochures?

Dave