: Whos Catera Video is this

STIENMETZCATERA
03-30-06, 01:43 PM
Saw this video while reviewing mine, i must admitt, he killed my videos... Anyone know him?

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/catera/0/A8DF271E-B96A-4383-A412-CBAED5885902.htm

scott65
04-12-06, 06:33 PM
Thats mine my name is scott i got my catera about 3 months ago and i love it probably cause im a mechanic just having problems with the thing overheating except when heater is on any help would be greatly appreciated (possible head gaskets?) also how often do you guys replace you timing belts mine had the recall done at 91,000 klms it now has 168,000 klms

SgtDriggs
04-18-06, 11:00 AM
Hey Scott, nice video. How do u have so much rear end power? Did you do any modifications? If so let me know. Maybe mine can do the same but I never tried :)

gixxer_751
04-18-06, 03:34 PM
Damn, wonder if my 97 will do that?

SgtDriggs
04-19-06, 04:31 PM
Damn, wonder if my 97 will do that?

I'm pretty curious also. Everytime I take a turn and peel out the traction control kicks in and stops my nonsense:tisk:

gixxer_751
04-19-06, 05:07 PM
I'm pretty curious also. Everytime I take a turn and peel out the traction control kicks in and stops my nonsense:tisk:

haha, consider it a safegaurd... i learned my TC leason fast when i was about to race an amgrand and got smoked at the jump cuz my TC light started blinking and i was like :eek:

SgtDriggs
04-24-06, 08:53 AM
haha, consider it a safegaurd... i learned my TC leason fast when i was about to race an amgrand and got smoked at the jump cuz my TC light started blinking and i was like :eek:

LOL:thumbsup:

APatterson
04-27-06, 01:30 AM
haha yeah.. i hate that damn tc in the rain.. trying to do some left turns across traffic.. suddenly you lose power.. and the light starts blinkin.. and your like.. omfg.. lets go.. so you slow down.. and almost get hit by oncoming traffic..

i just reach over a foot and turn the SOB off.. :)

tedhontz
04-29-06, 09:45 PM
so we never did get a reply. How did your car do that burnout? Especially with Traction Control. Can you disable traction control? Any mods to your Catera and what year is it?

APatterson
04-30-06, 04:32 PM
so we never did get a reply. How did your car do that burnout? Especially with Traction Control. Can you disable traction control? Any mods to your Catera and what year is it?

well.. i know i can turn my TC off... with the big button beside the radio that says.. TCS OFF. :highfive: rock on. when you press that button.. the TC light comes on SOLID. thats when you can have the fun... 360's.. burnouts.. goin sidewaysss.. oh yes. i must say i love the tc off.

gixxer_751
05-05-06, 03:24 PM
^^^^ yeah just hit the TC botton, it may also be that the ground is somewhat wet in the vid

newbee
07-06-06, 12:48 AM
i turn the traction control off every time i get in the car, its damn near killed me and my friends more than once tryin to pull out into traffic in the winter. i have a 97 and when the ground is alittle wet i can drift in the thing.:highfive:

scott65
08-13-06, 12:40 PM
sorry it took so long to reply
all i do is every time i even get in my car to go any where i start it the i turn off the traction control and turn on the sport shift the car is a peice off shit without that. i never have my tc on.... NEVER! custom C.A.I. thats it the car has a very strong engine but i want to do a transplant with the 3.2 gotta do more research though

todd2fst4u
08-13-06, 07:22 PM
do you have any pics of your cold air intake? nice video!

wamanning
08-14-06, 01:56 PM
the factory installed setup is in fact a cold-air intake, eh?

do you have any pics of your cold air intake? nice video!

scott65
08-14-06, 06:29 PM
If thats what you like to call it, actually the way the catera intake is designed, it heats the air up before entering the upper intake plenum. Hotter air =less oxygeg atoms=better emmisions ....at the cost of lower power thats why the intake runs down then back up so the hot air from the radiator has a chance to heat the air up sooo....the catera comes with a hot air intake ehhh
By the way im a mechanic

Kcryan
08-16-06, 07:38 PM
Ice makes this very easy, i think thats how he did it, theres snow in the back

scott65
08-17-06, 07:48 AM
thats right im doin the burn out on ice you can tell if you listen to the video the tires are squeeling and theres smoke coming off of them but yep that ice?????? i did put the tires on the wet surface for the innitial brake burn to get thing moving though. but i think you just jelous that your car probably wont do that or you dont know how to hahaha..........ICE come on man you coulda thought of something better than that go back and watch the video!