Cadillac Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
3K views 70 replies 25 participants last post by  Elvis 
#1 ·
If you had the once-in-a-lifetime chance to meet 5 figures you idolize or admire, who would you chose? (These people can be living or dead)

For me it would have to be:

John McCain- Our Senator and a very admirable man. Always has been an idol of mine and an honest politician.

Winston Churchill- The Prime Minister of Britian during WWII. Always has been a figure I loved studying when I was in high school.

George Burns- A comedian that has always intrigued me. Such a nice man that always made me laugh. I'd like to quote him, "If I took my doctor's advice and stopped smoking 15 cigars a day, I wouldn't have lived to go to his funeral".

Terry Bradshaw- Has been my favorite sports announcer since I was young. Is an extremely funny man that has one of the best personalities out there.

Johnny Carson- The absolute BEST late-night comedian that has ever graced a stage. It was a sad day when I heard he passed.

See less See more
#5 ·
Mick Jagger
Bruce Springsteen
Leslie Nielsen
Mel Brooks
Chuck Norris

#11 ·
Yeah from the forums:

Rick
Dopestar
Jesda
GDWriter
Sandy
Meg
Jackson
Mike
Brian

and others..

#16 · (Edited)
Interesting question.

1) Thomas Jefferson
2) Richard Feynman
3) George Gershwin (and Oscar Levant, since he'd probably be there too)
4) Carl Sagan
5) Josiah Harlan

The last name probably won't mean anything to 99% of you, but he was an interesting character, and came from my home town.

He was a Pennsylvania Quaker who sailed to Calcutta in the early 1820s, decided to stay in India after he heard that his fiancee dumped him, enlisted in the British Army medical service (despite having no qualifications), after a few years he left, bummed around northern India, hired himself out to various and sundry Afghan and Sikh maharajas as a mercenary/general (despite having no qualifications), was named "Prince of Ghor", an Afghan territory by the Shah of Kabul, raised the American flag in the Hindu Kush, got sent home by the British after they disastrously invaded Afghanistan in 1839, fought in the Civil War, tried to get the US Army to use Camels in the desert Southwest, moved to San Francisco after the war, became a dentist (despite having no qualifications) and died unknown in 1871. He was the first American to explore Afghanistan, the Punjab/Sikh states, and other parts of Central Asia, and is probably the source for Kipling's "The Man who would be King". Quite an oddball...

#24 ·
I like DbDartman's list! ...and not just because he's a dodge guy :)

My own #1 would have to be HUNTER STOCKTON THOMPSON. Without a doubt.

2-5... hell, who knows...could never narrow it down to just five.

And FredMaxwell...I have met the Maloofs, on three occasions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.