Official from Cadillac.com

4.6L NorthStar V8 or 3.6L V6 VVT
RWD or AWD option
Magnetic Ride Control
Sigma Architecture

http://www.cadillac.com/images/models/sts/sts_img.jpg

BeelzeBob
01-14-04, 03:43 PM
Well that's 100% definitely it.. Wow.. Not bad.. Not like I was thinking.. Not too much like the CTS at all.. I like it alot...

Brett
01-14-04, 03:47 PM
Heres the link, not that there is anything more than Rex posted

http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/models/allVehicles_flash.jsp?type=future

diamond in the back
01-14-04, 03:48 PM
could someone tell me why gm/cadillac didn't show this at the detroit autoshow I would have like to see it in person.

Brett
01-14-04, 03:55 PM
Supposedly it will be there tonight

diamond in the back
01-14-04, 04:01 PM
I was thinking that too like they did with the hummer h3 yesterday. they got so many complaint on why the h3 wasn't there that they had to fly it in overnight from the L.A autoshow.

gothicaleigh
01-14-04, 05:12 PM
If the STS appears at NAIAS, I'll have to make another visit.

Stoneage_Caddy
01-14-04, 05:36 PM
go here at 5pm est :

www.thecarconnection.com

Brett
01-14-04, 06:14 PM
Car Connection says it will be shown in April at the NY show. That may not be definitive, but you probably wont want to run out to the detroit show until you hear for sure.

diamond in the back
01-14-04, 06:16 PM
yeah www.thecarconnection.com (http://www.thecarconnection.com/) says the new sts will be shown in april at the N.Y autoshow.

Brett
01-14-04, 06:21 PM
I like their "first look". Its been on every other website including Cadillac.com since early this morning

Stoneage_Caddy
01-15-04, 04:57 PM
yah i was hopeing for a bit more , since everyone had to wait till 5pm est for it

also why are diffrent publications calling it the "seville STS" ? instaed of STS ?

gothicaleigh
01-16-04, 01:57 AM
For the same reasons that they called the CTS a catera when it was introduced...
Jacka$$es.
You think it would be a requirement to actually know about a car you're reporting on. I am surprised at the ignorance of some of the automotive press.

BeelzeBob
01-16-04, 09:05 AM
For the same reasons that they called the CTS a catera when it was introduced...
Jacka$$es.
You think it would be a requirement to actually know about a car you're reporting on. I am surprised at the ignorance of some of the automotive press.
Just like dealers who don't know what they're talking about in regards to a model they're selling. I've always found that odd.. I'm anxious to sit inside this car... It looks as if the STS has lost a little plushness - but I know that's made-up for otherwise.. Still, it's supposed to be more luxurious than the CTS so I'm very curious.. The CTS is a bit 'hard' inside for my taste...

BeelzeBob
01-16-04, 09:57 AM
Oh and like I've mentioned elsewhere, I'm feeling it Does look a little too much like the CTS. The first thing I seem to look at on a Caddy is the grille. I suppose I was very happy about that being different. I mean - the Eldorado and Seville were almost identical in the front for many years. So this slight change really caught my eye. But let's be honest - the car does look the same...

Not that that's such a bad thing. I'm really liking the looks of this new theme - but it would have been really nice to see the STS with the "Sixteen" look that someone photoshopped earlier.. I hope atleast the DeVille gets that look. If not, it's going to be diffficult to tell one car apart from another...