: Hi there, i'm new, from germany, and have infos

german_catera_fan
03-29-06, 04:29 PM
hi guys,
first of all, hello to everyone here. My name is alex.
i'm from good old germany (will move to the US soon) and am a catera (omega) fan.
acutally i am an OPEL fan in general and i want to stay with my brand. the only way to do that is to buy a catera which i will.
i have certain computer programs like electronic parts catalogues, technical information system etc. so i can add my part to this forum i guess.

here is my first request:
can anyone make a picture of the caters ECU (the inside) and post it here?
i have a mod chip to increase horsepower but it wont work in any ECU.
i would like to provide you with this chip but it seems like i have to make some mods to it so that it is suitable for the cateras.
if i was in germany, i could easiely increase HPs but the american version of the L81 is a little different (electronically wise)
the first thing i figured is that the catera has just 10 compression ration.
the germany version has 10.8. the german version also has 211 hp instead of 200.
your gasolines octane level is too low.
cheers
alex

gixxer_751
03-29-06, 05:02 PM
welcome alex....... if you can relate a message to the engineers that exported the infamous cat.........................:want: j/k welcome

R-Caddy
03-29-06, 08:40 PM
Hey,
The octane rating is not too low: it is measured differently. But that is also what I thought when I first came here ;) Consider it equivalent to 92, 95 and 98...

german_catera_fan
03-30-06, 10:23 AM
are you sure about the octane rating?
how can you measure it differently. i thought it is standardized.
but if thats true...than great ! that'll give me hope being able to run my future cat at 235 HPs or more if i can find a superchargerkit etc.
can you guys take a picture of your ECU for me?
regards
alex

gixxer_751
03-30-06, 12:24 PM
are you sure about the octane rating?
how can you measure it differently. i thought it is standardized.
but if thats true...than great ! that'll give me hope being able to run my future cat at 235 HPs or more if i can find a superchargerkit etc.
can you guys take a picture of your ECU for me?
regards
alex

ECU where's it at so I can take a pic w/my camara phone and post?

german_catera_fan
03-30-06, 03:16 PM
the ecu is located in that black plastic box somewhere close to the battery.
its a silver box and it should have the word MOTRONIC on it
make sure to disconnect the battery before you unplug it.
i need a detailed picture of the inside.