: Tires for '99 Cat?

Trev'99
03-29-06, 02:13 PM
I bought my car back in August of '05 and need to replace the tires. Mine have worn considerably on the insides, suggesting a bad alignment, but the other symptoms aren't there. I think my tires may be out of balance a little, but judging by the uneven wear, I don't think that would be the problem.

My questions are:

Is there a tire out there that you would recommend that won't kick me in the wallet, and will last and perform well? I am currently riding on Dayton Daytona HR's.

Is there something about the Catera that is unusual when it comes to wearing out tires?

caddy4sho
03-31-06, 08:54 AM
I just got sum all season pirelli's...absolutely awesome. The ones I have, have a 90,000 mile rating. I now take freeway entrance and exit ramps at 50mph...w/o sliding or tire squeal. I dunno how much they cost at full price b/c my previous tires wore out prematurely so i got a big discount(i paid $146 for two tires with replacement warranty thing). Good luck!!

steelwill777
04-24-06, 01:50 PM
yes there is I was told the alignment on my 99 is recommended :want: every 3 months :eek: and I work as a saleman at a cadillac dealer. What I reccomend is alignments for life at Firestone. If your going to need one that often you'll save a bundle.:thumbsup:

MMcwill426
05-24-06, 05:41 PM
I have a 98 Catera and I bought the $129.99 lifetime alignment deal at Firestone. I don't know if it is issues with the alignment or that they just don't know what they are doing (seems to go out of alignment pretty quickly), but nonetheless ... One of the best purchases I have made.

-Matt