Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Installing OEM "fog lights"

10K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  mechevar 
#1 ·
I know this has been posted here before, but I was hoping for some updated info since it's been awhile. Has anyone successfully bought the OEM fog lights for a 2013 or 14 ATS for the standard model and installed them? If so, how complicated was the wiring and did it require any computer reprogramming? As we all know, the options are limited for those of us stuck with these ugly brake duct covers. I'd prefer not to do anything aftermarket that involves electrical work.

#5 ·
lol notice how he wrote fog lights in quotations. i think hes aware.

OP-they dont require the uppers. what most people (i think actually very few people) did was just wire them straight to the headlight bulbs. its not plug and play. so theyre on whenever the headlights are on. but if i remember correctly, the person that did this, regretted it. the pure white drl did not match well with the yellow halogen headlights. and if youre thinking of converting to HID, thats another set of problems on its own which could also be solved. just keep in mind that its not a regular HID coversion. (read the HID thread)

i went thru all that. HIDs needed relays to work well with automatic lights, DRL installation was the easier part. but pairing it with the HID is the hard part. if thats something u wanna do anyway. my end result ended up being just OEM premium headlights and break duct lights. the wiring for that was even more confusing.

#9 ·
I bought OEM upper leds off ebay and lower leds, brake cover and that middle strip (search the forums and you will find the part numbers). I had a local shop do the wiring because it was out of my league. I put in HIDs myself and that isn't too rough since its all plug and play with the exception of drilling a hole into the back of a plastic cover.

The guy that wired the upper LEDs found it easier to actually remove the internals of the new upper lights and retrofit them into my old light covers. He then ran the wiring directly back. The only issue was that the daytime running light sensor caused very odd issues and ultimately needed to be disconnected.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.