: NEW MEMBER HELP would be Apr.

fleetwood_driver_85
03-29-06, 01:30 AM
hello i have a 1985 fleetwood brougham d'elegance, and i have a back right tail light out, the blinker works and so does the break but when my not using either the brake or blinker the tail light has no light to it such as at night. so how do i go about replacing the bulb in the tail light?

Jonas McFeely
03-29-06, 04:05 AM
hello i have a 1985 fleetwood brougham d'elegance, and i have a back right tail light out, the blinker works and so does the break but when my not using either the brake or blinker the tail light has no light to it such as at night. so how do i go about replacing the bulb in the tail light?

I have done this 3 or 4 times on my '85.You need a hex wrench,not sure what size.Look at the tail light,you will see a screw on the top and the bottom of the outer chrome trim of the light.Take those screws out,that will get the outer chrome housing off.Then you will need a ratchet,7mm,there are 2 bolts on the top and bottom of the tail light.unscrew those,and pull out the taillight housing(the actual plastic tallight itself.Replace it with,i believe an 1157 bulb(you can get at any auto part store).Twist off the rubber bulb socket and put in the new one.Its very simple.Just follow the previous steps in reverse to put it back on.http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f306/TheRealPhatTim/871858_6.jpg

Katshot
03-29-06, 04:35 AM
The chrome trim is generally held in place by a T-15 Torx screw, but may have been replaced over the years by a standard Phillips screw.

fleetwood_driver_85
03-29-06, 12:57 PM
cool thanks for the info guys, i probly could have figured it out if i had a chilton or something but the caddy broke me! also ur caddy looks just like mine!

Jonas McFeely
03-29-06, 04:59 PM
thats just a google image,this is mine(without bumpers)

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f306/TheRealPhatTim/grills.jpg

85_fleetwood
03-30-06, 01:31 PM
Let's see some pics of that 85 Cad!!!!!!!!!

Once again. Here's mines.

N0DIH
03-30-06, 01:35 PM
Nice Coupe!

Let's see some pics of that 85 Cad!!!!!!!!!

Once again. Here's mines.