: Catera owners like CTS?

investor74
03-28-06, 09:10 PM
Hi,

I have a 1997 Catera 82K bought new. I can't get my wife interested in the CTS - she just doesn't like the styling, and for me, lack of rear air vents in the CTS just doesn't make sense.

Do you Catera owners like the CTS? Would you replace your Catera with one?

Thanks,

Barry
'97 Forrest Green Catera

quicksilver7
03-28-06, 09:35 PM
I would only replace my 00 Catera with the STS4, then store my catera now and keep it forever. I have got 100 000 km's on mine and still love it.

Hi,

I have a 1997 Catera 82K bought new. I can't get my wife interested in the CTS - she just doesn't like the styling, and for me, lack of rear air vents in the CTS just doesn't make sense.

Do you Catera owners like the CTS? Would you replace your Catera with one?

Thanks,

Barry
'97 Forrest Green Catera

guardian
03-28-06, 10:32 PM
I share your wife's opinion on this one.

CTS styling is unattractive to me, and CERTAINLY less pleasing than Catera styling which I've always liked.

Good thing about the CTS:

It is made in the USA.

But an ongoing worry:

What is it about an interference engine that causes me to yearn for chain-driven cams?

My favorite CTS engine:

The Corvette V8 . . . . . . for them that's got the money.

sirmqc
03-29-06, 08:03 AM
I personally like the CTS styling alot. Ignoring the gi-normous price gap between my 98 catera and a new CTS - I would take the CTS hands down. But then I've never actually driven one:rolleyes:

CateraSport2000
03-29-06, 04:03 PM
The CTS outhandles, out brakes, and out accelerates the Catera but I'd take my 2000 Catera over the CTS.

I think they cut too many corners on the CTS and I am one of those that "the little things make all the difference." I had a CTS loaner for about 3 weeks while my headlights were on order and these are some things that bugged me:

- No rear AC vents

- No glovebox light

- No grab handles (those things above the door on the ceiling)

- The entire interior is definitely downscale compared to the Cat and it's German interior

- To get the features that are really imporant to me (Sunroof, HIDs, BOSE), you need to spend over $40,000! Not worth it.

I am glad the car is made in America and provides some people jobs but I would have been happier if they shipped over another German made care because I definitely prefer the German cars over American ones any day.

Jeff

gritter
03-29-06, 06:04 PM
it'd trade my catera for a cts anyday of the week

R-Caddy
03-29-06, 08:47 PM
The front end is good, but people cannot seem to come up with a good looking ass... :D Performancewise, CTS is better, although I have not driven one. It was supposed to be replacement for Cat, but not sure how good a job it's doing- I think they're totally different animals.

Boris
04-02-06, 08:11 PM
The current Cadillacs in my opinion are hideous, they remind me of Max Headroom (wow, a blast from the past. Look it up).
Max was a caricature of a human just like the CTS is a caricature of a car.

It may be made in the US but that doesn't make it a decent car.

Just my opinion.

TKE_CAT
04-10-06, 09:24 PM
I like the CTS. I really love the fact they are avalible with a manual trans. They should have made the Catera avaliable with a manual, but i still enjoy my auto.