: Stability Reduced? wut?

97STS4ME
03-27-06, 10:54 PM
97 STS, had it for about 9 months now and no trouble except the brakes and a broken hose outlet on the coolant reservior.

About a week ago I got in the car and started it. After a few seconds a message flashes across my info display "stability reduced". It goes away after about 15 seconds and I have yet to see it again. But it got my attention and got me to wondering why I would get a message like that? And what the hell did it mean?
Anybody have any ideas? I really have no clue.
I would like to know in case it is a potential problem and I see this warning again.

GreenMachine
03-28-06, 05:43 AM
Its one of the messages that means the computer that monitors the stability system noticed a problem with it when it did its check. If it hasn't come back and your not pulling any codes its probibly nothing. Just a "gremlin" in the sytem :P

97STS4ME
04-02-06, 10:08 PM
Think I found what might have made it do that. I put rear brakes on the car friday and discovered the left rear shock is leaking a little oil. And seeing how this car has ride height control in the rear end they just happen to be 400 dollars a peice to replace. Thats about the only thing I can figure at this point, but the message hasnt come back since the first time.

Zorb750
04-05-06, 04:03 PM
A CVRSS fault can upset the Stability system.