Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Anybody upgrade their std headlights with the LED bulb kits available?

14K views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  john223 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Re: Anybody upgrade their std headlights with the LED bulb kits avaialble?

A few of us have upgraded to the Putco bulbs but I havent seen anyone go LED. I wish someone would try and post a review.

My guess is that the headlights would appear to be very bright and white but they wouldn't really project that far.

#3 ·

Led headlight bulbs are not as good as HID. Cadillac projectors are one of the worst performing on the market (both hid and halogen). Your best bet is to use a good quality HID kit and go with that. I'm a big fan of TRS personally.

#4 ·

Led headlight bulbs are not as good as HID. Cadillac projectors are one of the worst performing on the market (both hid and halogen). Your best bet is to use a good quality HID kit and go with that. I'm a big fan of TRS personally.
Second Bill's comments. See my post regarding my HID research and install. One other person tried LED's and I believe the base projected past the cover.

#5 ·

It says its 9012 bulb specific, I would think that it would work fine. A standard 9012 HIR2 Halogen only projects about 1850-1980 Lumens upon research, the 9012 LED shows 2800 Lumens and shows a pretty clean projected cutoff. Shoot, someone test dummy it and find out. I think your biggest concern would be the copper heat sink if anything......It seems decently priced though.

#7 ·

These led bulbs have been covered extensively on hidplanet. The general consensus is they do not perform even close to hid. Lumen output is generally fluffed in regards to anything led.
I think it may be to each their own opinion...covered extensively or not. I have had Halogen, HID, and LED in my Cobra, by far the LED performed the best and generated the best amount of light output.

#13 ·

Is the TRS 9012 HID set a good set?
Morimoto is one of the best aftermarket lighting systems, and TRS customer service is amazing. If you are not happy they will do whatever they can to correct the problem. I've been dealing with them for years. If you want the most light output, stick with 4,500k. The higher the kelvin rating the lower the lumens. The cutoff line from the projectors will give your lights that blueish/purple look.

#15 ·

Can you please tell me what kit options you chose to make your 9012 TRS Morimoto kit successful. I am going to give these a go and see how they do. Thanks!

----------

Also, can you please tell me what kit options you chose to make your 9012 TRS Morimoto kit successful as well. Thanks!

#18 ·

Why would he Frankenstein a kit together for our car? I asked if I needed the canbus adapter and he told me no. Why would I need HD resistors???

----------

Someone post the previous order so I can see what you were given.

#19 ·

TRS had told me I needed the canbus adapters(which also have a capacitor for anti-flicker), ballasts, and bulbs. Using the canbus allows direct power from the headlight plug without using a harness. Myself and others on this site have used this morimoto setup successfully. Order the 9012 kit with canbus adapters. I'd suggest 35w ballasts to avoid any possible DRL issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.