: Haveing problems with the Rear window shade

diatibe24
03-27-06, 08:42 PM
I press the button to operate it and all i get is a clicking when i press the button (i guess the sound of the selonoid?) what might be wrong? Do i Need a new motor? Does anyone know where to buy one other then the stealership?

kmcatera00
03-31-06, 12:17 PM
I have a 2000 Catera also and the same thing happened yesterday. Just a clicking sound when I push the button. Any help would be great!

guardian
04-01-06, 03:02 PM
Sounds to me like a mechanical problem. Here's why:

You could have two kinds of electrical problems, dead circuit or dead (burned out) activator. But in either case you would hear _silence_ when you press the button.

So I am encouraged that you hear the clicking. Try to use the clicking noise to guide yourself to the actuator. Then examine, if possible (if it's visible), the mechanism connecting the activator to the shade. Look for broken or worn parts. Look particularly for any PLASTIC parts which might have failed.

Good luck and please let us know how you make out.:)

If the above leaves you needing parts available only from the Cadillac "stealer", consider contacting a wrecking yard. Also a local machinist might be able to fab up what you need or repair whatever broke or failed.