Cadillac Owners Forum banner
3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  ace996 
#1 ·
Besides the rear axle/cradle assembly that is a POS, what are the other weak links of the CTS-V? How well will the 2 piece driveshaft hold up? How strong is the transmission?

#2 ·
phughes69 said:
Besides the rear axle/cradle assembly that is a POS, what are the other weak links of the CTS-V? How well will the 2 piece driveshaft hold up? How strong is the transmission?
Let see, I've blown the following:

2 half shafts
1 drive shafts
4 rear differentials (unless you count the half shaft failures, then 6)
2 transmission
1 slave cylinder
1 clutch
1 pressure plate

I am certainly the exception. I think you may find 4 other owners with issues as severe as mine. I'm not bitter, it was fun while it lasted.

#4 ·
CVP33 said:
Let see, I've blown the following:

2 half shafts
1 drive shafts
4 rear differentials (unless you count the half shaft failures, then 6)
2 transmission
1 slave cylinder
1 clutch
1 pressure plate

I am certainly the exception. I think you may find 4 other owners with issues as severe as mine. I'm not bitter, it was fun while it lasted.
I would have bet my life savings that that was going to be the follow-up post to his question............

#7 ·
Done. PM me if you need anything. Done. :thumbsup:

#8 ·
Weakest link: The driver (in everyone else's v but mine). Go to driving school if you have not owned a car in this "category" before.

If you mean mechanically, a "stroll" through a week of posts on this forum and you will see things like the differential and/or tranny mentioned. Some have mega problems (Search CVP33), others none... which brings me back to my first point: the driver. It all depends on the driver.

Reed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.