Cadillac Owners Forum banner
868 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Jonas McFeely 
#1 ·
I heard that there is going to be a new benz g-class coming out very soon. Does anyone know what it will look like? They haven't had a body change in like 20 yrs.

#5 ·
The new GL class is going to be a cross between the G class and ML class. Mercedes will nto be seelign the G class in the states much longer do to low sales and what not, and this is there replacement. It does look funky looking, but it should be pretty nice.

In the long run, I don't think it's going to sell as well as the Escalade, but I doubt Mercedes really cares. They're similar in size and price, and probably have very similar options as well, but peopel will still probably opt for the Escalade anyway. I bet the majority of people who purchase the GL will be current Mercedes owners who either owned an ML and want a bigger SUV, or Mercedes owner looking for a Big SUV and don't want to stray from the brand.

#6 ·
From what I understand the new GL is basically a larger ML. It's not the true offroader the older ones were, the current/old G kicks ass in stock form. The new one looks like a bland crossover suv. I don't even think it has locking diffs unless I'm wrong, not worthy of the G nameplate. Hope Mercedes continues to sell the real G in Europe, now that's a true lux "truck"; front/rear live axles, front/center/rear locking diffs etc.

#7 ·
blingblingcv said:
I heard that there is going to be a new benz g-class coming out very soon. Does anyone know what it will look like? They haven't had a body change in like 20 yrs.
dude when i first saw your name i thought it was Barbara Bilingsly from Leave It To Beaver.ive also been drinking,so that may be why.lol,barbara bilingsly

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.