Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 35 replies 14 participants last post by  EcSTSatic 
#1 ·
so i passed my board of review on August 17 of last year and i finally had my court of honor. this will be one of the most memorable times of my life because my 86 year old grandfather (the one who found me my Cadillac) was one of the speakers and on his way up he asked my to stand. i did, and he started to say something and just broke down into tears and gave me a huge hug.

This is the first time i have ever seen my grandfather cry. He is an amazing man, so many stories, he served in WWII and he was a scoutmaster for 49 years and his three sons are eagle scouts. i am the 9th eagle scout on my moms side of the family.

how many other guys on this forum are eagles

#5 ·
Was in scouts from 5th-8th grade, but only made it to 2nd class.

#6 ·
Congrats on Eagle. Like so many others, I made it to Life then got distracted by girls and cars and beer and never finished Eagle. I really regret not making it now, I wish I would have stuck with it. It's a great thing to have...and yah, I agree...it builds character.

#8 ·
I have a kind of off topic question...so Girl Scouts sell cookies (which I LOVE!!) but do boyscouts sell anything? I don't think I've ever seen them...I know they help out with x-mas tree pick-up etc...but anyway, just curious.

#14 ·
DopeStar 156 said:
Haha I was in the scouts for a week when I was 5. I didn't wanna go anymore and I told my mom so she didn't make me go back........

Then I went out and bought a bunch of black clothes......... I now see the downward progression....... :crying:
lol,yeah,i stopped going to school once,didnt go back for 6 months,and that was get my ged,lol,ged

someone: well that explains alot...

#16 ·
Interesting facts about Eagle Scouts:

"The fact that a boy is an Eagle Scout has always carried with it a special significance, not only in Scouting but also as he enters higher education, business or industry, and community service. The award is a performance-based achievement whose standards have been well-maintained over the years. Not every boy who joins a Boy Scout troop earns the Eagle Scout rank; only about 4 percent of all Boy Scouts do so. This represents more than 1 million Boy Scouts who have earned the rank since 1911. Nevertheless, the goals of Scouting—citizenship training, character development, and personal fitness—remain important for all Scouts, whether or not they attain the Eagle Scout rank."

#18 ·
congrats .....

I helped my 2 best freinds at the time (there twins) get there eagle scout deals , there was a name for the big project that must be undertaken to get eagle ....each took the beatter part of two days ...it really is something special

somwhere after i made it to the rank after tenderfoot i lost interest in everything and pretty much withdrew from the world for a few years ...suposedly i had a girlfreind at the time from what my parents tell me ....dont remeber much of it....i joined the airforce and a nice drill sargent pulled my head out of my ass for me ....

#19 ·
LittleB said:
I have a kind of off topic question...so Girl Scouts sell cookies (which I LOVE!!) but do boyscouts sell anything? I don't think I've ever seen them...I know they help out with x-mas tree pick-up etc...but anyway, just curious.
Popcorn...but you have to go to the theater with them, then they put the popcorn on their laps, then make you reach in....

I got kicked out...I ate a brownie.

F

#21 ·
The Boyscouts sell the best popcorn in the world!

pimpin - congrats on making Eagle Rank! I got mine in 2000 so I know what it takes to get there.

#22 ·
DDS rollin a CTS said:
The Boyscouts sell the best popcorn in the world!

pimpin - congrats on making Eagle Rank! I got mine in 2000 so I know what it takes to get there.
yea, the popcorn is pretty good.

congrats to you too. yea, it takes a lot of work. my project ended up totaling over 300 hours. i'll post some pictures if i can get them sized right.

#23 ·
pimpin88, congratulations on your achievement. I'm currently undertaking a journey through my entrance into Freemasonry and it's a fun ride.

#25 ·
pimpin88 said:
what is Freemasonry?
Google on it. You won't like what you read outside of their own publications. What does that say about a secret society? :tisk:

Catholics like myself are forbidden to join the Freemasons.
If it hasn't already, the Methodist Church is set to become the first Protestant Church to reject Freemasonry, advising its members not to join Masonic lodges.
I've done enough reading on my own to believe that the Church's position is correct.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.