: Corvette club cheers up a kid with leukemia.

Jesda
03-26-06, 11:30 PM
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1341111&forum_id=103

What an awesome gesture.

DopeStar 156
03-26-06, 11:34 PM
Now imagine a Cadillac club doing that and a couple hearses show up in the bunch.....

gary88
03-27-06, 01:39 AM
Great story :thumbsup:

Jonas McFeely
03-27-06, 01:46 AM
Now imagine a Cadillac club doing that and a couple hearses show up in the bunch.....

LOL! I actualy LOLed,good one.For real though that is cool,im glad there are people out there that are that caring,made me smile.

Tailfin
03-27-06, 06:49 AM

That's a GREAT idea! Death would not seem so bad when you see what you get to ride in :thumbsup:....lol, oh how terrible...but yeah, I agree, awesome gesture.

SpeedyArizona
03-27-06, 07:43 AM
I just recieved my paper and am reading about it right now. Great thing for them to do:).

It makes me want to buy a 'Vette and join 'em...

FredMaxwell
03-27-06, 08:22 AM
It's good to know that there are some good people left!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-27-06, 09:36 AM
Thats a very heartwarming gesture!

Yeah, I said heartwarming, what ya gonna do about it?

FSU_Noles
03-27-06, 09:55 AM
I think that all of the Corvette Clubs associated with the National Council pick charites to represent. I know that when I was in the OKC club we did events and made contributions to the Ronald McDonald House.

caddydaddy
03-27-06, 09:57 AM
My parents are in a Corvette club. They do a lot of good things, and some cool road trips! Sometimes they let me hold up the rear with my Caddy!

FredMaxwell
03-27-06, 12:48 PM
I have a huge affliction called a good heart made of gold
I can also be murderous and I can easily end bad people

But I love to good things for deserving people.. especially retarded people, sick kids and those kids with that progeria.
They all appreciate things and don't know how to feel sorry for themselves.
God bless 'em.

I can't wait to be bringing them toys and taking them places.
That is what I'ma to replace having a wife with.. doing things like that.

Tailfin
03-27-06, 04:10 PM
That is what I'ma to replace having a wife with.. doing things like that.

Good for you...and tearing an engine down, fixing something, putting it back together, and doing a WOT and noticing a little more punch in your seat doesn't hurt for a diversion either :bouncy:

Surfer-Dude
03-27-06, 10:30 PM
When it comes to stuff like this, I think Vette, Viper, Harley owners are the ones that stand out. Vette and Viper guys do this a lot, and when it comes to toys for tots and similar events I see way more Harley riders then anybody else.

Poor kid, could you imagine being 12 and knowing your dying. My mothers boyfriend passed away a few years ago from Pancreatic Cancer, horrible way to go:nono:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-27-06, 10:40 PM
I tell ya, if thats ever me, theres gonna be a line of Mark IV's, Broughams and Eldorado Biarritzs for miles goin down my street.....

Jonas McFeely
03-28-06, 01:10 AM
McLaren F1 for me,i WILL drive that car before i die.

Jesda
03-28-06, 02:32 AM

LOL, about once an hour the visual pops into my head and I randomly burst out laughing.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
03-28-06, 03:18 AM
My local car club does stuff like this for the Make a Wish foundation.

They often need limos or trucks or sports cars to take a child and his family to or from an event and we can normally find a member local enough to help out.

The hard part was when a bunch of them turned up somhewere and the kid was so ill that day that he couldn't take part. He died a few days later. [:(]
The guys all turned up at his funeral and it was very hard for them.

I admire people who devote their time to helping one kid after the other by doing charity work like that. How they cope with loss after loss is something I can't understand.
It certainly puts things in perspective, what things really matter in life and what don't. Something we often forget.

FredMaxwell
03-28-06, 09:41 AM
Good people calm down my nerves
Some people still remember what America is all about

And that is a good thing. It is why I love Texas.