Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Depressed someone opened their car door into my front fender

4K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  quaraong 
#1 ·
not even a year old and someone managed to open their car door into my front fender, I was pulled into an end spot facing toward the building and they most likely pulled up and threw their door open....now I have some nice scratches and a small dent.

Anyone have any luck with those paintless dent places and then having a detail shop wet sand or something? just hurts to see it every day

#4 ·
I'm sorry to hear that man. I park way in the back when I go to the store. And still someone will park that far away with me. Once I waited for that person to come out to their car. They parked right on top of mine with 40 parking spaces open. Take it I'm way out by the road. I asked the dude why he parked like that way the hell out here on top of my car. He just looked at me and took off fast. Well that just pissed me off even more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnlujWC9m-g

#7 · (Edited)
over the years I've used PDR people with great success. Whenever I get a ding or small dent I get it fixed right away some will even come to you and do it in your driveway just like Safelight. Set up an apt through your dealer because they will use a quality guy who goes from dealer to dealer one day a week or so and takes out all the dings/hail damage etc. on the new cars on the lot. There is a good chance you if you buy new cars that you've had PDR work done and don't know it.

One thing to watch for is when they take screws out of wheel well covers they don't put screws back and sometimes they don't even take them out they just yank the plastic to get the tool in on fender repairs.

#11 ·
I got you beat ....mine is only 4 months old and I just noticed my first ding in the right rear fender of all places. I was incensed! I also park in the back 40 anywhere I go. and its such a weird place for a car door ding so I'm not really sure what caused it . maybe a shopping cart.

but , what I've noticed a lot is , its the little kids getting out of cars/SUVs that dont seem to have a clue , but I guess thats to be expected.

#19 ·
You can take precautions but lets face it - the only way to keep it prestine is to keep it in the garage under a cover....what fun is that?
I've had a person open their car door into the side of one of my vehicles even while I was in it...and they acted like nothing happened and started to walk away. You can't fix stupid.

Anyway, this commercial always makes me laugh - because it's my reality (I don't endorse use of the product though):

#21 ·
ooohh daddy, u re evilish genius!!! shall try that! ::wink::
Hoosier Daddy said:
Sorry to the OP. PDR can often work miracles with the metal. If the paint's messed up PDR can't fix that. Duneless, you amateur parker..... What you need is theatrical breakaway bottles. Smash ones in adjacent parking spaces and nobody will park there unless they like cut tires. The bottles are expensive to buy but not so much to make. You can even carry a dust pan and wisk broom and reuse them. Here's how to make them. Unfortunately the forum software is broke and ignores start parameters so skip to about 2 minute and 12 seconds in. YouTube Link: [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44SGDcOjZH8&feature=player_detailpage#t=13 2[/URL]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.