: Mouse Problem

DopeStar 156
03-26-06, 07:48 PM
Apparently I paid money for a 1989 Cadillac Mouse Condo!!!! Today I was driving my Fleetwood and it ran horribly. The car felt like I was towing an anchor behind me. I pulled into my driveway and went to check the carb and I found 17 little nut things in the air cleaner. I took the whole thing off and dumped it out then cleaned the whole thing inside with a wet paper towel because it was full of dirt and crumbs. Once I put everything back on it seemed to run normally. This is the second time a mouse has decided to make residence in my engine. The first time I barbecued one on the top of my engine block and his nest too. How do I protect my engine from these filthy nusiances?!

:rant2:

pimpin88
03-26-06, 07:55 PM
i saw one running down the frame rail of my brougham the other day when i was working on the engine. i was so pissed.

since im not driving my car right now, i have mouse traps set throughout the car. hopefully that helps because i dont want those little pieces of shit to eat through my wiring

The Ape Man
03-26-06, 09:09 PM
Just be happy that the little furry rodents landed up in your air cleaner housing instead of the HVAC ductwork.

CoupeDevilleRob
03-26-06, 09:12 PM
A squirrel got under my hood once, I have no idea how because I keep the car in a garage. The damn thing chewed up my plug wires. I started it and heard a ticking, when I opened the hood I could see the chewed wire was arcing off the valve cover (it was actually pretty cool). Haven't had that problem ever again.

I guess you need to find out how they are getting in before you can do anything else. Maybe put some wire mesh at the intake opening to keep the little bastids out.

DopeStar 156
03-26-06, 10:39 PM
I was thinking of putting a screen at the end of the snorkel something like the size of the wire mesh the ricers make into grilles so it's small enough to keep them out, but big enough to not restrict air flow. These bastards made a condo outta my 82 Coupe de Ville project car I owned for like three months.

brougham
03-27-06, 05:36 PM
Wait until you're driving and see a mouse run from under the seat to under the dash. Then you can complain. I thought that damn thing was going to run up my leg!!!

DopeStar 156
03-27-06, 05:51 PM
No, there's no way they can get into the inside of the car.... I always keep it locked up and windows up if I'm not in it.

brougham
03-27-06, 11:02 PM
They don't get into cars from those places. They get in from under the hood.

DopeStar 156
03-27-06, 11:32 PM
How do they get past the firewall?

Jonas McFeely
03-28-06, 03:45 PM
same way i was able to run my amp cable through the fire wall,its not all that hard,there are large openings in it

1970impala
03-29-06, 08:25 AM
Try placing some moth balls in the engine compartment. I heard they don't like the smell. :eek: