: Billy Joel still has it.

slk230mb
03-26-06, 01:39 AM
I just got home from seeing Billy Joel tonight at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse.

Rather than write it all again, here is what I posted on my website:

Billy Joel was amazing last night in Syracuse. He performed all the crowd favorites, but the highlight of the night was when the boys from Orange County Choppers (Paul Sr/Jr & Mikey) came on stage after ‘We Didn't Start The Fire’ and delivered Billy’s new custom motorcycle. After the delivery, Chain Saw, a stage hand, came on stage and sang AC/DC’s ‘Highway to Hell’. This was definitely one of the best shows I’ve ever been too.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-26-06, 01:54 AM
I always liked Billy Joel, since I was in about the 4th grade. I like the heavy useage of piano and the ballady type lyrics.

I always liked:
-Big Shot
-Captain Jack
-Movin Out (Anthony's song)
-Piano Man
-Scenes From An Italian Restaurant (my favorite!)
-The Stranger

slk230mb
03-26-06, 02:18 AM
I always liked Billy Joel, since I was in about the 4th grade. I like the heavy useage of piano and the ballady type lyrics.

I always liked:
-Big Shot
-Captain Jack
-Movin Out (Anthony's song)
-Piano Man
-Scenes From An Italian Restaurant (my favorite!)
-The Stranger

He performed them all except for The Stranger, which I was a little bummed out about, but then I found out he hasn't been playing it this tour.

Jesda
03-26-06, 06:18 AM
"We Didnt Start The Fire" was the theme song to my radio show for a year. "Piano Man" is still my absolute favorite.

slk230mb
03-26-06, 10:53 AM
"We Didnt Start The Fire" was the theme song to my radio show for a year. "Piano Man" is still my absolute favorite.

Cool.

madooch
03-26-06, 12:02 PM
yeah i saw him at the garden a few wweks back and he did put on a great show

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-26-06, 12:50 PM
"We Didnt Start The Fire" was the theme song to my radio show for a year.

That was my favorite song when I was four! I remember listening to that cassette soooo many times I wore it out!

gary88
03-26-06, 03:58 PM
Anyone who watches Conan O'Brien will know what this means

http://centerclick.org/conan/pictures/misc/Picture1099.jpg

Jesda
03-26-06, 07:22 PM
I dont, but LMFAO!!!

EcSTSatic
03-26-06, 07:28 PM
Yeah, but he doesn't have Christie Brinkley anymore!!

http://www.autographsonline.com/Scans/brinkleychristie13761.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:1980_SI_Swimsuit_Issue.jpg#file

slk230mb
03-26-06, 07:30 PM
Yeah, but he doesn't have Christie Brinkley anymore!!

http://www.autographsonline.com/Scans/brinkleychristie13761.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:1980_SI_Swimsuit_Issue.jpg#file

True, but the new isn't so bad now either...

http://www.vnn.vn/dataimages/original/images346294_Billy_Joel2.jpg
http://wbli.com/images/morningshow/billyjoel3.jpg

Elvis
03-27-06, 11:08 AM
I saw Billy about six years ago in Memphis. Great show.

I didn't realize it at the time, but he really is the soundtrack of my life. I couldn't believe how many of those songs I knew every word of.

My mp3 player has at least 50 songs of his. One of the greatest talents of the 20th century.

DBA-One
03-27-06, 02:57 PM
He used to matter. Since he introduced the $200 nose-bleed seats in the late 80's I could care less. What he can't move in album sales he does in show. Just like Elton John. Songs like "Captain Jack", etc are great. However, "A Matter Of Trust" was probably the last time he wrote anything worth hearing and that was what? 20 years ago? If I went to this show I'd expect to hear nothing but old stuff because that is all that matters.

As to seeing him get a new expensive motorcycle during the show, I'd wonder why I had to pay so much for tickets if Mr. Joel gets everything for free. Should he put on a great show? **** yes. For what those tickets cost he better cure cancer during the show. Save that gift giving of a motorcycle from a shop for simpletons who are amused. I'm not one of them.

slk230mb
03-27-06, 05:32 PM
He used to matter. Since he introduced the $200 nose-bleed seats in the late 80's I could care less. What he can't move in album sales he does in show. Just like Elton John. Songs like "Captain Jack", etc are great. However, "A Matter Of Trust" was probably the last time he wrote anything worth hearing and that was what? 20 years ago? If I went to this show I'd expect to hear nothing but old stuff because that is all that matters.

As to seeing him get a new expensive motorcycle during the show, I'd wonder why I had to pay so much for tickets if Mr. Joel gets everything for free. Should he put on a great show? **** yes. For what those tickets cost he better cure cancer during the show. Save that gift giving of a motorcycle from a shop for simpletons who are amused. I'm not one of them.

The face value on my ticket was 39.50. I bought my pair on ebay so it was a little more, but totally worth the price of admission.

Destroyer
03-27-06, 05:45 PM
Always liked Billy Joel, dont listen to him much anymore. Glad to hear he is still around and rockin. He graduated from the same HS I did........a year later than I did and that was in '89. He was a HS dropout and was basically "given" a diploma years later. I thought it was cool that he would be attending my HS and the graduation ceremony but thought it was just flat out wrong that he got a diploma just cause he was successful and didnt earn it. Christie Brinkley was with him at the ceremony. It was a big thing when it happened.

Destroyer
03-27-06, 05:50 PM
As to seeing him get a new expensive motorcycle during the show, I'd wonder why I had to pay so much for tickets if Mr. Joel gets everything for free. Should he put on a great show? **** yes. For what those tickets cost he better cure cancer during the show. Save that gift giving of a motorcycle from a shop for simpletons who are amused. I'm not one of them.Its all business man. I'm sure the bike would only be made/given to him in a big arena like that in exchange for the publicity it would give to the builders that made it. Yeah its crap, and shouldn't happen. I go to concerts to see the band and hear the music, not to see them get free shit for no reason. Oh well.

slk230mb
03-27-06, 05:52 PM
Its all business man. I'm sure the bike would only be made/given to him in a big arena like that in exchange for the publicity it would give to the builders that made it. Yeah its crap, and shouldn't happen. I go to concerts to see the band and hear the music, not to see them get free shit for no reason. Oh well.

I think he paid for it himself, and they surprised him with the delivery.

DBA-One
03-27-06, 11:54 PM
The face value on my ticket as 39.50. I bought my pair on ebay so it was a little more, but totally worth the price of admission.

I'd pay that, too. It is nuts what concerts can cost these days. Between tickets, food and beer it's usually a few hundered bucks

Elvis
03-28-06, 11:07 AM
I had nosebleed seats too, but I was directly above the stage. I felt a lot closer than I was.

Jesda
03-28-06, 04:31 PM
Worst concert ever: Dave Matthews Band, $50.

Best concert ever: Better Than Ezra, $12.

Jonas McFeely
03-28-06, 05:10 PM
Best show ever: Primus
Another bad ass show:Pearl Jam
An even badder ass show:Atmosphere

slk230mb
03-28-06, 05:44 PM
Worst concert ever: Dave Matthews Band, $50.

Best concert ever: Better Than Ezra, $12.

You suck! :farting: Why didn't you like the DMB show?

Jesda
03-28-06, 06:32 PM
DMB did a bunch of crummy songs off their new album, dragged everything out like a garage jam session, and for the $50 I paid I didnt even get to hear "Ants Marching." I actually fell asleep twice.

They were more interested in killing time than entertaining the paying audience.

slk230mb
03-28-06, 08:27 PM
DMB did a bunch of crummy songs off their new album, dragged everything out like a garage jam session, and for the $50 I paid I didnt even get to hear "Ants Marching." I actually fell asleep twice.

They were more interested in killing time than entertaining the paying audience.

Not a big fan I see. If the show was early on in their tour for supporting the album, many of the performances were lack luster. Towards the end of the summer and this past winter, when I had a chance to see them 3 times, they put on quite a strong showing.