: respect?

89fatb
03-26-06, 12:21 AM
i was just wondering how everyone else would respond. WHEN DRIVING MY 89 BROUGHAM PEOPLE SEEM TO ALWAYS WHAT TO PASS!!!!!!!!!!! ME??:rant2:I'LL DRIVE 70MPH ONTHE FREEWAY, MY IMPRESSION IS (ITS AN OLD ****ER, GET PAST HIM QUICK) NEXT mother****er to do that..? is going to be stuck in the slow lane at 45:thumbsup:

Night Wolf
03-26-06, 01:31 AM
because you drive slow?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-26-06, 01:33 AM
When I'm driving on the freeway, people usually get out of my lanes. I guess theres something imposing about a Cadillac coming up in your rearview...Or that I'm usually doing 5-10 over. lol

Bro-Ham
03-26-06, 02:53 AM
Hi,

Be easy on yourself. The fact that you like your car is all that matters. You don't need to own a car like this, you want to own a car like this. You simply step to the music of a different drummer in a world of mass produced generic cars. Your large Cadillac remains an unabashed avowal that classic all-American cruisers still have a certain value. People stop to watch our large Cadillacs gliding through the streets but only we, as owners and drivers, can fully appreciate the experience. These boats have never been merely an automobile! Enjoy them for what they are and know you have exactly what you like!

D

DopeStar 156
03-26-06, 03:04 AM
I don't have that problem.

Adam
03-26-06, 03:06 AM
I don't have that problem.

no you just beat the shit out of them. aha :rolleyes: . i had to... i didnt have a choice, it was right there.

to the OP, if you think you can catch my CTS, then go ahead and try blocking me in at 45. :)

caddieboy
03-26-06, 11:24 AM
People slow down when they finally get up beside me to take a look and give me a thumbs up. Then they speed up so as not to make me think they're psycho stalkers? :thumbsup:

85_fleetwood
03-26-06, 12:49 PM
I drive my Caddy slllloooooowwwww.

Like a grandma.

CoupeDevilleRob
03-26-06, 02:33 PM
I drive my Caddy slllloooooowwwww.

Like a grandma.

We have 4100s, all we can do is drive slow. LOL.

I tend not to drive too fast in my car. It really isn't fast, so I usually just cruise at the speed limit or about 5 above. I have noticed though that if I'm coming up on someone fast they will get out of the way. I guess I would too if I saw a beast like that bearing down on me.

Night Wolf
03-26-06, 04:25 PM
I guess the best moments of the "respect" thing would be in the '79 when I would pull out under WOT and accelerate, and some jackass down the road, not too far, pulls out right infront of me, then drives very slow.... and I don't slow up, I keep it to the floor (planning to go around then in the on-coming lane, only if nobody is oncoming.... because they piss me off that much) but then they pull off onto the shoulder and I pass then by still under WOT.... Either intimidating looks for a 7.0L big block at WOT.... who knows. I get pissed off easy from stupid stuff like that, so I wasn't going to stay behind them traveling 15mph under the speed limit.

96Fleetwood
03-26-06, 05:31 PM
I do not have that problem.. people get scared of a triple black Fleetwood with black tints :thumbsup:

ocjmakaveli
03-26-06, 09:20 PM
I think it has nothing to do with your car.......

Some people jsut don't want to go as slow as 70 mph.....

Think of it like this some people are going 75-90 of course they are going to pass you simply because your in there way but if you were going faster then they wouldn't pass you....

I pass up caddys, ford, chevy, toyotas, bmws, lexus', hummers and basically any other car you can name but trust me never have i done it because it's a particular car it's always been because I CAN'T go through them so I have to drive around them in order to keep going at my speed....

I think you let your mind get the best of you on this one.......Unless the car's that are passing you up are flicking you off...

I would recommend either going faster or being happy that you won't be getting a ticket don't concern yourself with what you think, others are thinking about your car...