: A good laugh at fellow forum member's expense

mharker
03-25-06, 09:29 PM
This is totally off-topic but this is my favourite car board and I want you guys to see this...

Sometimes you just have to take things lightly and enjoy life. For example I have to pay for a transmission rebuild on my 2002 Mazda MPV at 109,000km. I could rant and be angry, but on the bright side the experience dealing with Downtown Mazda in Toronto was great comedy.

Two grand is a lot to pay just for a few laughs, so to get better value for my money I'm sharing my story with the world. I figure if it is funny
enough, people will pass on the link and thousands will benefit. Please read and if you think it's funny, pass on to anyone who buys minivans or needs a good laugh! (Or... post it on your favourite auto board) Hey, maybe it will eventually get to Mazda head office and they too can share in our amusement.

FUNNIEST QUOTES WHILE TRYING TO GET MY VAN REPAIRED 9,000KM OVER WARRANTY

<click link to see quotes>

http://www.mpvclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12588 (http://www.mpvclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12588)

Night Wolf
03-26-06, 12:49 AM
I personally think its funny that there is a club dedicated to Mazda minivans.....

ChicagoCTS32
03-26-06, 12:53 AM
I personally think its funny that there is a club dedicated to Mazda minivans.....
:yeah:

Night Wolf
03-26-06, 12:53 AM
ok, here is why I would NEVER go to that dealer again:

(10) “Why should I give you a break? You haven’t spent anything at our dealership except buying the vehicle.” (Service manager, when I asked him to consider giving me a discount on the work since it was only 9000km out of warranty)

(11) “Well, the dealership was under different ownership back then so it didn’t put any money in our pockets.” (Service manager, when I reminded him that I had brought my previous Mazda to their dealership for major service work before buying this one)

(12) “Take for example this gentleman standing next to you who comes here often for service. I would be happy to give him a break on something like this.” (Service manager, cleverly doing damage control in case I started going on a rant at the service desk)

Jonas McFeely
03-26-06, 12:56 AM
I would talk to the owner and complain.That was funny,but that really sucks...You obviously have a great sense of humor.

SL1CK
03-26-06, 02:24 AM
Like Night Wolf said haha!!!

Jesda
03-26-06, 05:22 AM
Nothing beats the original 929-based MPV. I miss mine. Durable as hell, and RWD!

mharker
03-27-06, 09:40 PM
Hey guys thanks for all your comments. So far I have 520 views on the Mazda forums web site counter. That's approximately $4 per laugh at my expense. I'm trying to get it down to $1 per laugh. Please pass on my link or post on other auto boards so I can reach my goal!

Haven't contacted the owner yet but he owns like 20 dealerships and I'm not expecting much support. The service manager is also general manager, so unbelievably he's first contact and there's no chance to "escalate" to someone else.

I forgot one extra quote of my own. "Why don't you just beg me to never buy a Mazda again?", I said. At one time I owned two!

As for the MPV web site, they would probably be amused that people collect old Cadillacs! To each his own.

DopeStar 156
03-27-06, 10:42 PM
I saw the title and wondered if it was about me...... Haha that's so lame.

Jonas McFeely
03-28-06, 01:12 AM
Nothing beats the original 929-based MPV. I miss mine. Durable as hell, and RWD!

Bad ass van,V6 and AWD,WAYYYYY ahead of its time,and didnt have go gay sliding doors.

Jesda
03-28-06, 02:31 AM
The Miata forum gave you some grief. Part of it has to do with them being mildly uptight. :)

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=174818

Destroyer
03-28-06, 12:50 PM
Been there done that and will never buy another Mazda. Had a '92 Mazda 929 that I bought from dear old dad when he decided to get rid of it. Had 40k on the odometer when I got it and had just left the dealership cause they had to rebuild the motor due to a real loud knock. Old man was pissed cause they kept the car for over 1 month fixing it and did not give him a loaner car, so he was going to trade it in and I offered to buy it at the trade in price. It was a nice looking car with a great stereo and decent performance but I wish I did not buy it. 10k miles later the motor developed another "knock", the dealership kept it for a week just trying to figure out what was wrong and then said they had to rip the top end of the motor apart and see whats going on. Well after replacing the heads it still had the knock so they had to rebuild it again. All in all they had for 2 more months. I kept calling to see when it would be ready and the answer was always in "a couple of days" then when it wasn't ready they had excuse after excuse. When I finally got it back it ran like crap and they kept telling me nothing was wrong and I'm just basically being a *****, etc.. Drove it another 12k miles with it running like crap and then it blew up again. This time it was out of warranty by 2k miles or so and they refused to fix it. I wasn't going to start paying for work on this car so I ended up selling for next to nothing. No more Mazda's for me.

mharker
03-28-06, 01:38 PM
Jesda thanks for the link. And thanks for backing me up a couple times!

Man. I was impressed that the MPV board counter said I've had 500+ views so far. But that Miata board was 1100+. The power of the net is awesome.

Oh well let them have their shots. Don't dish it if you can't take it I always say.

For the record I wish I specified that it was a transmission leak, not just oil. Wrote the post quickly and missed it on the edit.

Lastly I swear I was not rude. I never raised my voice or anything. Just went in, asked for a break, and then called CAA to take the van away. It was clear from the start ranting wasn't going to get me anywhere. I even tolerated the snickering service guys as they pushed my van back out to the lot.

If you have a moment Jesda please post this reply on that board. Seems like the guys there enjoy a good discussion... so why not keep it going?