: Blwoin a little smoke..

matmoeb
03-25-06, 10:42 AM
When I'm on the highway goin about 60, sometimes I need to gas it hard to avoid getting trapped in a lane or somethin like that. Anyway, when I do, and the engine downshifts and growls, I can see quite a bit of smoke in the rear view mirror. This only lasts a couple seconds but is embarrasing.
Is this at all normal? I know N*'s have been known to eat some oil, but I'm getting worried.
My mechanic always swears he can't find any leaks when changing my oil, but these days I usually put an extra 2 quarts in between oil changes.
I already slowly blew on head gasket on my last Caddie (96 Eldo). Does it sound like I'm workin on opening another one up?
Thanks Guys,
Moe B
(Full mechanical extended warranty so no sweat)

96-deville-man
03-25-06, 12:48 PM
When I'm on the highway goin about 60, sometimes I need to gas it hard to avoid getting trapped in a lane or somethin like that. Anyway, when I do, and the engine downshifts and growls, I can see quite a bit of smoke in the rear view mirror. This only lasts a couple seconds but is embarrasing.
Is this at all normal? I know N*'s have been known to eat some oil, but I'm getting worried.
My mechanic always swears he can't find any leaks when changing my oil, but these days I usually put an extra 2 quarts in between oil changes.
I already slowly blew on head gasket on my last Caddie (96 Eldo). Does it sound like I'm workin on opening another one up?
Thanks Guys,
Moe B
(Full mechanical extended warranty so no sweat)

im getting alittle of that smoke too and i hope its not headgaskets lol.

ELDOminator
03-25-06, 08:53 PM
Hey guys. It's simple: Read up about WOT. All it is, is your engine gettin' rid of the carbon. Do a search on "WOT" and how to do it.'

Edit: It's really a good thing to see the smoke, means your engine is bein' cleaned. Read this:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/northstar-performance-technical-discussion/67116-wot.html

davesdeville
03-25-06, 08:55 PM
Kinda sounds like you need to floor it more often, look at the tech archive and read the "Occasional Full-Throttle Acceleration Is Good For Your Engine" part.

96-deville-man
03-26-06, 06:49 AM
Kinda sounds like you need to floor it more often, look at the tech archive and read the "Occasional Full-Throttle Acceleration Is Good For Your Engine" part.

floor it more often haha thanks. that this is floored everytime we drive it. owell ill just have to beat the piss out of it wensday at the track.

96-deville-man
03-30-06, 02:19 PM
thanks guys a night at the track did a great job... no more smoke!!