Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  I~LUV~Caddys8792 
#1 ·
Recently there have been a number of instances where I work of expensive or well equipped things being referred to as "the Cadillac of... ".

So last week I was in a meeting and someone was making an analogy about a piece of equipment someone wanted to order and they said, "that would be like buying a Cadillac to drive to the corner store for milk". Of course I interjected and said that some of us like to have Cadillacs to drive to the corner store.

Funny thing is that there are 3-4 "car guys" in my office and they own everything from MB350's to Porsche 911's and G35's. No matter what they say about my Cadillac I can always say that I have never heard anyone use their car in an anology.

The guy with the 350 said that he liked the CTS and would consider one for his wife but she said they are "too masculine looking".

Just wanted to share that Cadillac's are still the gold standard of autos - and everything else apparently. :thumbsup:

#9 ·
Jesda said:
It was, and I swore I started the thread, but I cant find it. The search cant find THIS thread either!
Yes, you did. Back in December. I just did a search for "the Cadillac of" and it popped right up.

I stand by my original post from that thread:

Best use of this phrase, from Get Shorty:

Rental Car Bus Driver: Here's your rental car.
Chili Palmer:What's this?
Driver: It's an Oldsmobile Silhouette.
Chili: I ordered a Cadillac.
Driver: It's the Cadillac of minivans.

#11 ·
I once heard someone say that the Cadillac of automobies was the Rolls Royce. Needless to say, that was probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.