: wheel advice

Bro-Ham
03-24-06, 04:10 PM
Hello,

Just acquired a set of Brougham genuine wire wheels that are in near perfect condition that I'm planning to put on my 1979 Sedan deVille. Is there an easy way to keep these wheels clean or are they a pain to clean the grime off like the standard wire wheel covers? :confused: Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Dave:)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-24-06, 05:00 PM
Wow, now it's even more like Ricks!

CaddymanTom
03-24-06, 09:26 PM
I have them on my Brougham and they actually are easier to clean then the wire hub caps. I use Simple Green. I spray it on and use a hard spray from the hose. I do dry them and I can get my fingers into most of the spots to dry. A little windex and a paper towel gives them that extra shine. I wash the car at least once a week just to keep it looking good.

CoupeDevilleRob
03-24-06, 10:36 PM
The spoke hubcaps suck to clean, I actually took mine apart once to detail them. That Brougham looks effing sweet with those wheels, I hate you, lol.

DopeStar 156
03-24-06, 11:19 PM
Hello,

Just acquired a set of Brougham genuine wire wheels that are in near perfect condition that I'm planning to put on my 1979 Sedan deVille. Is there an easy way to keep these wheels clean or are they a pain to clean the grime off like the standard wire wheel covers? :confused: Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Dave:)
Here's what you do... Remove the wheels from the car and remove the tires from the rims. Box each rim up and ship them to NJ. I'll take care of the rest.

CaddymanTom
03-25-06, 12:11 AM
Here's what you do... Remove the wheels from the car and remove the tires from the rims. Box each rim up and ship them to NJ. I'll take care of the rest.

Well that would be the easiest way to take care of them

creeker
03-25-06, 12:22 AM
heard a good way to clean spoked hubcaps was to put them in the dishwasher,but remove plastic caps first. Has anyone tried this?.

DopeStar 156
03-25-06, 06:35 AM
heard a good way to clean spoked hubcaps was to put them in the dishwasher,but remove plastic caps first. Has anyone tried this?.
Haha! My grandpa used to do that. I should try it while my parents are gone.

Bro-Ham
03-25-06, 08:13 AM
Hi,

You guys are great! Tom, your car looks FAB with the wheels! Dope*, if I lose patience keeping these wheels clean they'll be boxed up in a NJ minute! Creek, interesting idea. Thanks everyone! :highfive:

Dave T

brougham
03-25-06, 03:26 PM
It takes a while to get them really clean but if you just want to get them looking good you can just quickly use a rag and clean them when you wash the rest of the car and hose them off. I have ceramic brake pads on mine and that really makes a difference. The front wheels never look any dirtier then the back ones do.

DopeStar 156
03-25-06, 03:27 PM
Dope*, if I lose patience keeping these wheels clean they'll be boxed up in a NJ minute!
*Starts choking on food I was eating upon reading this*

Bro-Ham
03-26-06, 12:34 AM
Hey Dope*,

Don't choke...we all love you too much!!!

Dave

DopeStar 156
03-26-06, 03:08 AM
Are you frustrated yet? Haha.