: Top 10 Bands of all Time

03EscaladeAWD
01-12-04, 09:46 PM
First, I am now 04EscaladeAWD! We ordered a black 04 AWD with no nav. This time, we ordered a new E&G Classics mesh grill which can be found here (http://www.egclassic.com/cadgrille26.htm) . We got the molded mudguards and different exhaust tips too. Anyways...

Who are your top 10 bands of all time? My favorites gotta be Led Zeppelin.

gothicaleigh
01-12-04, 10:51 PM
I have to give my nod to NIN. I believe that someday history will look back and recognize Trent Reznor for what he was doing with the technology of today in terms of creating vast layers of sound and sculpting them into emotional masterpieces.

Other artists/groups on my personal top 10 would be:

Mozart. He completely changed how music was orchestrated and is undoubtedly the most influential composer ever. Much of the music today exists for what he accomplished hundreds of years ago.

The Beatles. Easy choice here. Their tracks are diverse and well performed. Ranging from pop to deep psychedelic musings, their music has something that anyone can identify with. Influential to the point that I really didn't need to write any kind of description for them.

Those are the ones that immediately spring to mind in the 'of all time' category. Maybe I'll list my other choices after I've had time to think on it a bit more...

HotRodSaint
01-12-04, 10:59 PM
Insync and 98 Degrees! :histeric:

JJhomer83
01-12-04, 11:10 PM
:worship: don't forget the hanson brothers :histeric:

Mad'lac
01-12-04, 11:17 PM
:worship: don't forget the hanson brothers :histeric:
:wtf: I thought they were the Hanson sisters.

HotRodSaint
01-12-04, 11:26 PM
:wtf: I thought they were the Hanson sisters.
I thought it was Hanson Soda. :tongue2:

JJhomer83
01-12-04, 11:29 PM
zepplin, floyd, metallica are my favs

Mad'lac
01-12-04, 11:31 PM
ZZTOP is my fav. band. They are car guys just like me. Their music is not groundbreaking or something new and unheard of, but it's the perfect blend of Jazz, Blues, and Rock that helped them be succesful for over 30 yrs. Oh and it don't hurt they being from Texas and it's pretty easy to catch one of their shows down here. IMHO they are one of the best live bands around...the kind of band that fits playing in a bar or before a large crowd.

HotRodSaint
01-12-04, 11:35 PM
The Clash, The Beach Boys and the Velvet Underground.

Ralph
01-13-04, 12:41 AM
Congrats on your new vehicle!!

My favs are, not necessarily in any particular order:

1.The Rolling Stones
2. Bruce Springtein
3. Waylon Jennings
4. Gordon Lightfoot (I had to throw the Canuk in, felt sorry for him) :D
5. George Michael (don't laugh, the dude has talent)
6. Frank Sinatra
7.Italian Dance music
8. German techno
9.Dido
10. Elvis

Deep Sleep
01-13-04, 12:44 AM
zepplin, floyd, metallica are my favs
Good picks there, Old school style..I would have to add AC/DC, Triumph, Boston, ELO, Cream, Van Halen, Bruce Springsten to that list.
New school.. Linken Park, Limp Bizkit, Creed, Mainhiem Steamroller.
I could name more but thats already more than ten. I love music!!!!!

Deep Sleep
01-13-04, 12:47 AM
Congrats on your new vehicle!!

My favs are, not necessarily in any particular order:

1.The Rolling Stones
2. Bruce Springtein
3. Waylon Jennings
4. Gordon Lightfoot (I had to throw the Canuk in, felt sorry for him) :D
5. George Michael (don't laugh, the dude has talent) :histeric:
6. Frank Sinatra
7.Italian Dance music
8. German techno
9.Dido
10. Elvis
Didn't Gorden Lightfeet do "the wreak of the Edmund Fitzgearld"

Deep Sleep
01-13-04, 12:50 AM

You forgot the Backstreet boys and Marky Mark. :crying:

MMNineInchNails
01-13-04, 12:51 AM
NIN definatly. Trent reznor is a genious and has created almost a new genre of music. They classify it in Industrial, but it's unlike all the other industrial. He does all the work himself and is genious.

Manson also, but I don't think he will ever get the recognition for what he does and what he tries to do. He will probably always maintain the status of "freak, antichrist, bad guy" to most of the public eye.

Ralph
01-13-04, 12:54 AM
Didn't Gorden Lightfeet do "the wreak of the Edmund Fitzgearld"

Yup, that's the one. He's still kickin' it in Ontario I believe? I understand he is/was pretty popular down there?

I should have added ACDC, had 'em all in HS except for "74 Jailbreak." I'm not into many of the new bands myself.

Ralph
01-13-04, 12:59 AM
NIN definatly. Trent reznor is a genious and has created almost a new genre of music. They classify it in Industrial, but it's unlike all the other industrial. He does all the work himself and is genious.

Manson also, but I don't think he will ever get the recognition for what he does and what he tries to do. He will probably always maintain the status of "freak, antichrist, bad guy" to most of the public eye.

I think Manson IS THE ANTICHRIST, or he wishes he was? :lildevil: I can't say I agree with you, or respect him. Don't you think from his album covers, that he wishes he was a woman? Don't take this the wrong way, I understand what artists try to portray, and we all have differing opinions.

Deep Sleep
01-13-04, 01:03 AM
Yup, that's the one. He's still kickin' it in Ontario I believe? I understand he is/was pretty popular down there?

I should have added ACDC, had 'em all in HS except for "74 Jailbreak." I'm not into many of the new bands myself.
Thought he did, I think Bryan Adems was a canuk to.
I rock to almost everything, I went to OZZFEST and Summer Sanitarium Tour. Then took my wife to a Mainhaim Steamroller concert.
I like everything from The Byrds to Manson, It's all good.
And lets not forget 'The man in black' Johnny Cash.

Ralph
01-13-04, 01:20 AM
I think Manson IS THE ANTICHRIST, or he wishes he was? :lildevil: I can't say I agree with you, or respect him. Don't you think from his album covers, that he wishes he was a woman? Don't take this the wrong way, I understand what artists try to portray, and we all have differing opinions.

Maybe I am a hypocrite because I like that German band "Rammstein" and they are seen as being "evil."

Deep Sleep
01-13-04, 01:28 AM
Maybe I am a hypocrite because I like that German band "Rammstein" and they are seen as being "evil."

Rammstein good, U want to talk about evil The Bee Gee's :histeric: . Now thats evil :histeric: . Remember Disco? :histeric: :histeric: Toot Toot, Beep beep :histeric: :histeric: :crying2: :crying2: AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG :D

Ralph
01-13-04, 01:38 AM
Rammstein good, U want to talk about evil The Bee Gee's :histeric: . Now thats evil :histeric: . Remember Disco? :histeric: :histeric: Toot Toot, Beep beep :histeric: :histeric: :crying2: :crying2: AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG :D

LOL! The BG's were pretty good. I still have my Saturday Night Fever double record album somewhere at my parent's house. :histeric: You'll never pry that from my cold, dead hands! ;) :cookoo:

Maybe Shania Twain is the antichrist? I think she is 80% hype, and 20% talent. And 100% :tongue2: :tongue2: :bouncy:

Ralph
01-13-04, 01:48 AM
You forgot the Backstreet boys and Marky Mark. :crying:

Wait a min. I thought that Mark Wahlberg wasn't ever in New Kids on the Block, it was his brother Donny Wahlberg. :confused: Marky Mark was an underwear model? Not that there is anything wrong with that. :histeric: ;)

Deep Sleep
01-13-04, 02:17 AM
LOL! The BG's were pretty good. I still have my Saturday Night Fever double record album somewhere at my parent's house. :histeric: You'll never pry that from my cold, dead hands! ;) :cookoo:
Maybe Shania Twain is the antichrist? I think she is 80% hype, and 20% talent. And 100% :tongue2: :tongue2: :bouncy:
Sounds like you'll be able to keep 'da da da da staying alive staying alive' :histeric: :histeric: :p :D
Shania Twain? Antichrist?? Maybe ..but she is 100% :bouncy: :bouncy: :tongue2: Have to agree with you on that :tongue2: :bouncy: :tongue2: :bouncy:
Now if I could get Britney Spears to dance without singing... :tongue2: :bouncy: :histeric: :histeric: :bouncy: :tongue2: ;)

Deep Sleep
01-13-04, 02:32 AM
Wait a min. I thought that Mark Wahlberg wasn't ever in New Kids on the Block, it was his brother Donny Wahlberg. :confused: Marky Mark was an underwear model? Not that there is anything wrong with that. :histeric: ;)
Like I ever followed the New freaks on the block :histeric: :cookoo:
To much like disco :histeric: :histeric:
I thought they where the same person. :cookoo:

Ralph
01-13-04, 02:44 AM
Like I ever followed the New freaks on the block :histeric: :cookoo:
To much like disco :histeric: :histeric:
I thought they where the same person. :cookoo:

Oh, ok, I just thought :D you still listened to them 'cause you mentioned them? :D

About Britney, I like her style, especially when she was a little younger in pig tails. :bouncy: I respect Britney, who else would have the guts to smooch with Madonna on stage? :tongue2: :bonkers:

JJhomer83
01-13-04, 08:38 AM
I went to OZZFEST and Summer Sanitarium Tour

went to ozzfest 4 years running and summer sanitarium last year
great shows

Cadillacboy
01-13-04, 06:34 PM
My fave bands :
Kylie Minogue
Dannii Minogue
Hilary Duff
The Donnas
Sophie Ellis Bextor

HotRodSaint
01-13-04, 07:07 PM
The Donnas
My brother used to live across the street from The Donnas.

Elvis
01-14-04, 09:52 AM
Now if I could get Britney Spears to dance without singing...

That's exactly what she would be doing right now if her mama hadn't gotten her that job with the mousketeers.

She'd be hanging on to a brass pole, an exotic "disco ball" overhead, and lots of $1 bills to show for it!

Ralph had me until he added George Michael. :Poke:

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the toxic twins--Aerosmith.

And this thread is about BANDS, not individual acts. Otherwise, I'd agree that Elvis and Sinatra top the list.

And since we're talking about BANDS, nobody mentioned Basie or Ellington.

How about the Eagles?

shaggygrosser
01-14-04, 12:51 PM
in no particular order:

The Smashing Pumpkins
Radiohead
Tool
The Crystal Method
Nirvana
Foo Fighters
NIN
Audioslave
Pink Floyd
Black Sabbath

I'm sure I've left off a few, but oh well.

Cadillacboy
01-14-04, 05:35 PM
My brother used to live across the street from The Donnas.
That's great what a nice coincidence it was

beemer2k
01-15-04, 01:34 AM
IMHO the top ten BANDS in no particular order:

1. Led Zeppelin
2. Jackson Five
3. Pink Floyd
4. The Beatles
5. Prince and the Revolution
6. Parliament Funkadelic
7. Earth Wind and Fire
8. The Rolling Stones
9. Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention
10. The Cure

...with honorable nods to Fleetwood Mac, Portishead, Van Halen, Aerosmith, Rage Against the Machine, Guns and Roses, Curtis Mayfield and the Impressions, Alice in Chains, and Metallica. Again in no particular order. If I could take it further to include solo artists and singing groups: The Temptations, Marvin Gaye, Michael Jackson, Jimi Hendrix, Frank Sinatra, The Bee Gees, Tori Amos, The Beastie Boys, Shuggie Otis, Whitney Houston... I'm just gonna stop because I could be here all night with this.

Ralph
01-15-04, 01:55 AM
That's exactly what she would be doing right now if her mama hadn't gotten her that job with the mousketeers.

She'd be hanging on to a brass pole, an exotic "disco ball" overhead, and lots of $1 bills to show for it!

Ralph had me until he added George Michael. :Poke:

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the toxic twins--Aerosmith.

And this thread is about BANDS, not individual acts. Otherwise, I'd agree that Elvis and Sinatra top the list.

And since we're talking about BANDS, nobody mentioned Basie or Ellington.

How about the Eagles?

LOL!! Well, I'm not talking about that "Wake me up before you go go" CRAP, I mean George's later stuff. Besides Elvis, he has probably slept with more famous supermodels than you and I dare dream about! INCLUDING your favorite Cindy Crawford, and my beloved Natasha Henstridge!!! :worship: :worship:

I guess if we are going to credit Sinatra, who had a great voice right up until the end, we had better credit Dino, and Sammy also. :yup: :elvis2:

Elvis
01-15-04, 01:52 PM
INCLUDING your favorite Cindy Crawford...

NO!

:crying: :crying2: :crying: :crying2:

Stoneage_Caddy
01-15-04, 04:22 PM
U2 hasnt been mentioned yet ? what gives ?

CognLac
01-15-04, 05:04 PM
About Britney, who else would have the guts to smooch with Madonna on stage? :tongue2: :bonkers:

I would ;)

In no order

Hed P.E.
NIN
Outkast
Sublime
Jimmy Buffett
Biggie Smalls
Korn
Twista
Blood Sweat & Tears
Eric Clapton

Deep Sleep
01-16-04, 01:26 AM
U2 hasnt been mentioned yet ? what gives ?

U2 was highly overrated and not that good, IMO.

Deep Sleep
01-16-04, 01:36 AM
LOL!! Well, I'm not talking about that "Wake me up before you go go" CRAP, I mean George's later stuff. Besides Elvis, he has probably slept with more famous supermodels than you and I dare dream about! INCLUDING your favorite Cindy Crawford, and my beloved Natasha Henstridge!!! :worship: :worship:

How could you put Cindy Crawford in the same sentance with Natasha? :cookoo: I never thought Cindy was really that hot, Cute yea, but not hot.

dave383
01-16-04, 02:22 AM
Ok top 10 bands in no particular order

1. Ac/Dc
2. Led Zeppelin
3. Pink Flyod
4. Grateful Dead
5. Bob Marley And the Wailers
6. The Who
7. Jimi Hendrix and the Experience
8. Metallica
9. ramones
10.Nirvana

any questions!! :lildevil:

BeelzeBob
01-16-04, 08:32 AM
Boy.. Not one mention of Journey. I thought they were pretty good.. I'm not the biggest fan of Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, AC/DC or Pink Floyd - but they were all pretty damn huge... I'd have to say my favorite (mainstream) band WAS Metallica - when they were a metal band. Next up would be King Diamond, Anthrax and Death (yes, Death). Good stuff. I guess I'm very unique around here. :D

Mad'lac
01-16-04, 12:49 PM
Boy.. Not one mention of Journey. I thought they were pretty good.. I'm not the biggest fan of Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, AC/DC or Pink Floyd - but they were all pretty damn huge... I'd have to say my favorite (mainstream) band WAS Metallica - when they were a metal band. Next up would be King Diamond, Anthrax and Death (yes, Death). Good stuff. I guess I'm very unique around here. :D

I'm surprise you didn't say Motorhead, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, and others like them :histeric: You was a Metal freak huh Sal?

Stoneage_Caddy
01-16-04, 01:46 PM
motorhead would be one of the greats , just based on how they influcend so many other heavy metal groups

journey was OK , i mean they came up with the whole pre packaged pop idea so that counts , have the greatest hits 2cd set at home

i see no one is into the really hard stuff , no naplam death ? deicide ? lawnmower death ?

fabinatl
01-16-04, 06:48 PM
YES! Of course.

lev
01-18-04, 02:51 AM
Hey, since we all started talking about music, i have another question:

Who was the most influential figure in music in 50s? 60s? 70s? 80s? 90s? 2000+?

Let me answer that first:

Elvis Presley
The Beatles
Difficult for me to tell
Michael Jackson awww!! :) eee-heee :D
Curt Cobaine
Britney Spears.

Now don't you laugh and snicker when I say Britne y Spears. Regardless of what you think of her, she is the one who started the trend of teen eye-candy girls dancing to synthsized beats and predictable lyrics.

Ralph
01-18-04, 10:41 PM

Elvis Presley
The Beatles
Difficult for me to tell
Curt Cobaine
Britney Spears.

Now don't you laugh and snicker when I say Britne y Spears. Regardless of what you think of her, she is the one who started the trend of teen eye-candy girls dancing to synthsized beats and predictable lyrics.

I wouldn't leave Madonna out of the 80's. She was a force IMO, and still going strong. Her songs today totally seem to depend on her mood, they can be fast or very mello.

For the 1970's I would say Bob Segar (sp?) and again The Rolling Stones. I think the Stones were even more popular in the 1970's because by this time, they were known worldwide. No one could sing as good as Elvis P. He still has the best voice I can think of. I liked Britney at first, thought she was a little cutie, but now, I don't even like her music! Plus I am getting too old to even consider listening to her. :bonkers:

Ralph
01-18-04, 10:46 PM
How could you put Cindy Crawford in the same sentance with Natasha? :cookoo: I never thought Cindy was really that hot, Cute yea, but not hot.

I'll just let Elvis field the thoughts on this one. :D :histeric:

Ralph
01-18-04, 10:49 PM
I bet no one knows about a band called "Piledriver?" I have an old record of theirs from about 1971, and they did an early version of "Roadhouse." I don't know if the Doors got it from them, or vise versa.

Deep Sleep
01-19-04, 02:05 AM
[QUOTE=lev]Hey, since we all started talking about music, i have another question:

Elvis Presley
The Beatles
Difficult for me to tell
Curt Cobaine
Britney Spears.

50s, Elvis Presley
60s,The Beatles
70s, Trimph
80s,Metallica
90s,Curt Cobaine
2000+ Limp Biskit
Britney Spears... :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

Ralph
01-19-04, 02:11 AM
[QUOTE=lev]Hey, since we all started talking about music, i have another question:

Elvis Presley
The Beatles
Difficult for me to tell
Curt Cobaine
Britney Spears.

50s, Elvis Presley
60s,The Beatles
70s, Trimph
80s,Metallica
90s,Curt Cobaine
2000+ Limp Biskit
Britney Spears... :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

Poor Britney. :( OOps, I did it again. :eek:

Elvis
01-19-04, 09:29 AM
Again, I say, bands and individual acts are two entirely different things.

shaggygrosser
01-19-04, 11:56 AM

Elvis Presley
The Beatles
Difficult for me to tell
Curt Cobaine
Britney Spears.

I'd put Led Zepplin as the most influential band of the 70's. I'd disagree on Britney 'Spheres' being the influence of the new millennium, but everything else I think is on the dot (although, I'd tie Rage Against The Machine & Nirvana as the most influential of the 90's).

tru504187211
01-19-04, 01:58 PM
Favorites...Not Individual Acts...maybe in a later post.
2 Live Crew
NWA
Digital Underground
Three 6 Mafia
TRU
Beasti Boys
Isley Brothers
TKA (latin freestyle)
Lil' Jon & Eastside Boyz
Westside Connection

Why hasn't anybody I've noticed mentioned Isley Bros???

AJB2323
01-19-04, 04:26 PM
My favorite band of all time is Cold.

Experiment_626
01-22-04, 10:25 AM
:worship: GWAR

Stoneage_Caddy
01-22-04, 09:11 PM
good one GWAR fan !!! but you seem to named after a cartoon character from a misguided disney movie that had a alter ego named "stitch" , not someone i would peg for a GWAR fan

Experiment_626
01-23-04, 07:17 AM
hahaha What do you mean?

They are all intergalactic creatured genetically engineered and bred explicitly for the purpose of sowing death and destruction across all of civilized space, who happen to enjoy a bit of the rock and roll on the side.

Makes perfect sense to me! :D

HUGE59Fins
01-26-04, 12:36 AM
Yeah Danny is rollin' large with that new Escalade....anyways my favorite band of all time would have to be The Beatles.

ljklaiber
01-26-04, 10:41 AM
This old reb would like to add The Allman Bros, and Lynard Skynard.

TY :bouncy: