: We now have a '68 Mustang...

LittleB
03-24-06, 11:33 AM
It's a fastback, it's in good condition, it runs, and it's blue. That's all I know. LOL We're gonna fix it up slowly but surely. My man had a '70 Blazer that he fixed up before this one. He did the interior, gave it a new paint job, all that good stuff, but he also had to buy a whole new engine and stuff for it. At least with this one he won't have to do much under the hood. His vision for this mustang is Candy Apple Red with Pearl White racing stripes. (I am sure he will change his mind a few times about the colors though). I am excited for this one because I like Mustangs...I hated the Blazer. So this should be fun! :bouncy:

Spyder
03-24-06, 11:39 AM
Fastbacks are the ONLY good mustangs, just cause the others are so damned common. Congrats!!! PICTURES!!!

terrible one
03-24-06, 11:40 AM
Heh, same year as the Charger :)

Yes yes pictures please!

LittleB
03-24-06, 11:45 AM
Yeah you think the same way he does. He said he'd ONLY get a fastback. I think he is picking it up either today or tomorrow...I will be sure to take pics!!

gdwriter
03-24-06, 12:10 PM
Heh, same year as the Charger :)

So Meg, tell your man to paint the Mustang Highland Green and put some American Torque Thurst Wheels on it.

Jackson, paint the Charger black and put a black vinyl roof on it.

Rematch!

http://www.rjsmith.com/Images/Bullitt/chase_26_gas_station_01.jpg

LittleB
03-24-06, 12:12 PM
LOL!!! I hate green!!

terrible one
03-24-06, 12:14 PM
Hahaha

I don't think my bodywork skills are good enough to paint it black, although I would like...

plans right now are for PP1 red with black vinyl top

Oh and btw, I think I heard that they had a hard time during the filming of Bullitt making the Mustang keep up with the *cough* 440 mag *cough* Charger:)

EcSTSatic
03-24-06, 12:34 PM
Dark colors show imperfections much more than light.
The 'stang is a great California car! I would love to have one of the new ones 'cause they look so retro. I'm also into good brakes, power and handling, none of which the old ones had - not to say that there aren't plenty of aftermarket parts to get there. :thumbsup:

LittleB
03-24-06, 12:46 PM
Funny how the other day I asked him if we could get a new couch and he said no, but buy a mustang? let's do that RIGHT NOW!!!! :bigroll: LOL it's okay though, it will be fun! :D

gdwriter
03-24-06, 12:47 PM
Oh and btw, I think I heard that they had a hard time during the filming of Bullitt making the Mustang keep up with the *cough* 440 mag *cough* Charger:)

From a Muscle Car Review article (http://www.hottr6.com/triumph/BULLITT.html)on filming the car chase.

"Later, we took both cars out and went playing around with them over by Griffith Park (near Los Angeles). The Dodge, which was practically stock, just left the Mustang like you wouldn't believe. The Charger ran rings around the Mustang."

Another interesting perspective from the The Times of London (http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,26789-2034362_1,00.html).

Destroyer
03-24-06, 01:34 PM
Sweet!, I had a '67 Fastback for years. Real old school with 5 slot mags, nice metallic blue and the fenders were flared for bigger tires. Had a 289 w/tunnel ram and dual quads plus a 4spd. Blew the motor and sold it to a friend for real cheap. This was many years ago, its one of the ones I wish I kept.

LittleB
03-24-06, 01:35 PM
OH NO!!! I just looked at some pics of fastbacks vs. regular ones....and this is terrible....don't kill me but I like the regular ones better :eek:

Spyder
03-24-06, 01:47 PM
:alchi: :banghead: :hitstick: :gun2: :gun: :vomit: :brutal: :blasted: :getaway:

LittleB
03-24-06, 01:57 PM
Wow...what I said was that bad huh? LOL :histeric:

Spyder
03-24-06, 02:05 PM
Would someone tell LittleB I'm no longer talking to her?

:D

mccombie_5
03-24-06, 02:08 PM
I like the regular sedan better too.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
03-24-06, 02:14 PM
Nice car!

I prefer the pre 67 non Fastbacks though.

One of my dream cars is a mint, red, 64 and a half Mustang Covertible with the V8 engine, pony pack and rallye pack.

<grin>

Spyder
03-24-06, 02:16 PM
'68 CS would be great...one of the only non-fastbacks I would go for...and hot damn, I sure as hell would love to have one!

LittleB
03-24-06, 02:24 PM
Would someone tell LittleB I'm no longer talking to her?

Well then would somebody tell Spyder that he is sleeping on the couch tonight?! :rant2: :want: j/k lol

I LIKE BOTH! But seing them next to eachother...I think I sorta like the regular one slightly better.

Jonas McFeely
03-24-06, 02:51 PM
LOL!!! I hate green!!

no way, green is sweet...

PAW 47
03-24-06, 03:05 PM
Green rocks :) See my Avatar..

Spyder
03-24-06, 03:07 PM
Is this related to the "another cop story" thread and the "munchies"?

Jonas McFeely
03-24-06, 03:09 PM
Is this related to the "another cop story" thread and the "munchies"?

Whats even funnier,is that it took me like 2 minutes to get that.I was like wtf is he talking about?,and then i was like whoaaa,duuude

Spyder
03-24-06, 03:30 PM
Whooaaaa, duuuude, huh? HAHAHAHAHAHA I crack myself up!

SpeedyArizona
03-24-06, 04:17 PM
I like the regular Mustang too. Interesting fact; the regular Mustang was developed at a secretary's car, the fastback followed in '65 for the younger generation. The Mustang's grille depicts a Mustang horse (thus the name Pony car), but the Mustang name was derived from the Mustang plane of WWII.

Carroll Shelby is a whole different story, his Shelby GT350's and GT500's were made from fastback 'Stangs. My dream Mustang: a 1965 Shelby GT350, white with blue racing stripes.

The '68 is probably the last good year for the Mustang, I don't care for the '69 or 70's at all. Do you plan on selling this or keeping it as a fun car?

If you plan on keeping it, then put some non-original parts on it, otherwise KISS (Keep It Stock Stupid).

P.S. Does your Mustang have those corny hood scoopes? If so, get a new hood, they look terrible on the car!

LittleB
03-24-06, 04:39 PM
I like the regular Mustang too. Interesting fact; the regular Mustang was developed at a secretary's car, the fastback followed in '65 for the younger generation. The Mustang's grille depicts a Mustang horse (thus the name Pony car), but the Mustang name was derived from the Mustang plane of WWII.

Carroll Shelby is a whole different story, his Shelby GT350's and GT500's were made from fastback 'Stangs. My dream Mustang: a 1965 Shelby GT350, white with blue racing stripes.

The '68 is probably the last good year for the Mustang, I don't care for the '69 or 70's at all. Do you plan on selling this or keeping it as a fun car?

If you plan on keeping it, then put some non-original parts on it, otherwise KISS (Keep It Stock Stupid).

P.S. Does your Mustang have those corny hood scoopes? If so, get a new hood, they look terrible on the car!

Yep it's got a hood scoop on it. I'll know more once it is at our house...he hasn't picked it up yet. I will post pics. I know he wants to add some chrome/bille under the hood, and I know he is painting it, putting wheels on it, and doing the interior. He'll probably put a sound system in it too. I would like to think that we will keep this for a long time...but knowing him, maybe just a couple of years. He likes to work on stuff so that;s the fun part for him. For me the fun part is driving it! I can't wait to see it all done up with ME behind the wheel :sneaky: :D

SpeedyArizona
03-24-06, 04:46 PM
Yep it's got a hood scoop on it.

OH HELL! Get a new hood, the hood scoops competely disrupt the flowing lines of the car! I guess it isn't my desicion though, do you like the hood scoop?

LittleB
03-24-06, 04:50 PM
I just saw one in a picture...I'll let ya know when I see it in person. My take from the picture was that it looked a little weird...but we'll see.

terrible one
03-24-06, 07:10 PM
From a Muscle Car Review article (http://www.hottr6.com/triumph/BULLITT.html)on filming the car chase.

"Later, we took both cars out and went playing around with them over by Griffith Park (near Los Angeles). The Dodge, which was practically stock, just left the Mustang like you wouldn't believe. The Charger ran rings around the Mustang."

Another interesting perspective from the The Times of London (http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,26789-2034362_1,00.html).

good read man, thanks for the link

and B where are those pictures?

gdwriter
03-24-06, 11:27 PM
good read man, thanks for the link

You're welcome. My Dad and I both love car chases, and Bullitt remains by far my favorite.

LittleB
03-24-06, 11:30 PM
and B where are those pictures?

We don't have it at our house yet. He is picking it up sometime this weekend he said so when it's here, I'll take pics!

terrible one
03-24-06, 11:32 PM
You're welcome. My Dad and I both love car chases, and Bullitt remains by far my favorite.

Oh yeah man it's hard to beat by far.

terrible one
03-24-06, 11:33 PM
We don't have it at our house yet. He is picking it up sometime this weekend he said so when it's here, I'll take pics!

Hah oh yeah...you posted that once before already didn't you:thepan:

LittleB
03-24-06, 11:35 PM
I sure did...I almost said something but I am in a good mood...so I didn't :D

terrible one
03-24-06, 11:42 PM
I sure did...I almost said something but I am in a good mood...so I didn't :D

Ah thanks, that was nice of you to not hurt my feelings. :thumbsup:

LittleB
03-24-06, 11:44 PM
Well I wouldn't have been mean..I woulda just teased you a little LOL, or made a smart ass comment, but I woulda been joking. I'm not a meany ;)

Adam
03-24-06, 11:48 PM
Congrats Meg! does he just restore and sell them? good way to make money (well sometimes). i am looking into getting a 63-64 Impala and juicing the hell out of it. drop top preffered.

LittleB
03-24-06, 11:55 PM
Make money?!?! AHAHHAAHHAAHHAA :histeric: I am sorry that was funny :p

Well he likes cars and trucks obviously...and with all the new vehicles he has gotten he always at least adds rims, a sounds system, TV's etc. But he has only actually restored one vehicle so far, and that's the blazer. I'd say he almost made what he put into it when he sold it. The mustang will be the second car he restores...I am hoping this is one that we'll keep! If he does decide to sell this one after restoring it, I am sure he'll make money off of it. It's different than a 1970 Chevy Blazer...

Adam
03-25-06, 12:01 AM
some people make good money doing that. i have restored... well helped restore actually... several cars. juiced more than you can shake a stick at. yeah a Mustang is better than a Blazer anyday. why would he want a blazer? my buddy had an 86(?) chevy blazer but it was a lowrider. it was pretty cool. dumbass traded it for a mini truck that sucked so damn bad. he had a real nice 78 Camaro and a 84 Camaro but he sold them too. :nono:

Make money?!?! AHAHHAAHHAAHHAA :histeric: I am sorry that was funny :p

Well he likes cars and trucks obviously...and with all the new vehicles he has gotten he always at least adds rims, a sounds system, TV's etc. But he has only actually restored one vehicle so far, and that's the blazer. I'd say he almost made what he put into it when he sold it. The mustang will be the second car he restores...I am hoping this is one that we'll keep! If he does decide to sell this one after restoring it, I am sure he'll make money off of it. It's different than a 1970 Chevy Blazer...

DopeStar 156
03-25-06, 12:13 AM
Wedding gift? Hahaha. If he doesn't give it to you, well thjat's just lame sauce. I could see you in that car cheesin' as you drive all up and down the left coast. That's one hella nice car.

LittleB
03-25-06, 12:25 AM
Wedding gift? Hahaha. If he doesn't give it to you, well thjat's just lame sauce. I could see you in that car cheesin' as you drive all up and down the left coast. That's one hella nice car.

Don't be taking my words :want: :tisk: :thehand: :rant2: LOL and it's WEAK SAUCE not LAME SAUCE!

Oh yeah and by the way, I was just informed it's a 1969...not '68. Sorry.

DopeStar 156
03-25-06, 12:31 AM
Don't be taking my words :want: :tisk: :thehand: :rant2: LOL and it's WEAK SAUCE not LAME SAUCE!
Whoops!

terrible one
03-25-06, 09:58 AM
and it's WEAK SAUCE not LAME SAUCE!

HAHAHAHA

That was really funny for some reason.

LittleB
03-25-06, 05:31 PM
OK here are pics!! (and by the way, incase you missed it, I lied in the title, it's a 1969, not a '68. My bad).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/MeganCFT/DSCN1320.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/MeganCFT/DSCN1319.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/MeganCFT/DSCN1318.jpg

I love it! This is gonna be fun :D :bouncy:

Adam
03-25-06, 06:26 PM
NICE :thumbsup: ! good luck with it.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
03-26-06, 06:22 AM
Matt black with a tricked out engine...

<grin>

danbuc
03-26-06, 08:35 AM
SWEET!!! Don't care much for the purple but that car looks pretty damn clean. 289? 302? 3spd? 4spd? 8.8" rear 9" rear..........I need details. Looks good, have fun with it. I know I had fun with mine. Fastbacks are definitely the way to go. Wish I could have found one. Maybe then I wouldn't have sold it.:bang2: :banghead: :helpless:

terrible one
03-26-06, 10:20 AM
Right on! I like it...

LittleB
03-26-06, 10:26 AM
SWEET!!! Don't care much for the purple but that car looks pretty damn clean. 289? 302? 3spd? 4spd? 8.8" rear 9" rear..........I need details. Looks good, have fun with it. I know I had fun with mine. Fastbacks are definitely the way to go. Wish I could have found one. Maybe then I wouldn't have sold it.:bang2: :banghead: :helpless:

Well of course it is NOT gonna stay purple LOL. Yuck. It's a 351, automatic transmission, and about the 8.8" or 9" rear...I have no clue what you are talking about :confused:. haha we already started ordering parts for it last night! How impatient we are :rolleyes: :bouncy:

danbuc
03-26-06, 11:18 PM
Hmm..probably a C4, and by the looks of those wheels and tires, I bet there's a 9" hangin' around down there. Good stuff, what color do you plan on painting it?

gary88
03-27-06, 01:49 AM
Congrats on the mustang! :thumbsup:

One of these days I want to buy myself an old beat up muscle car for cheap, maybe a chevelle or a challenger, and have it as a project car. It's always been something i've wanted to do.

Elvis
03-27-06, 10:04 AM
That car has SO much potential.

I'm really jealous. Have fun!

LittleB
03-27-06, 12:09 PM
Hmm..probably a C4, and by the looks of those wheels and tires, I bet there's a 9" hangin' around down there. Good stuff, what color do you plan on painting it?

Well those wheels have GOT to go LOL...the front ones are on like 12" wheels and the back tires are like a foot wide. It's all bad :nono: :histeric:

I am sure we'll change out minds about 50 times but I think right now we are looking at Candy Apple Red with some White racing stripes....might change. Seeing all the cars on Overhaulin' makes me want a two tone paint job.

We went to a car show yesterday and saw a whole bunch of beautiful cars. All of the sudden I have this love for older cars LOL. We saw so many pretty Mustang' (2 Shelby's), Chevelle's, Monte Carlo's, Malibu's etc. Ughhh I was soooooo jealous!! :D Gave us a lot of ideas, and of course we bought some parts (jet coated headers etc.) Anyway, I'll keep you guys updated!

LittleB
03-27-06, 12:10 PM
That car has SO much potential.

I'm really jealous. Have fun!

Yes it does :thumbsup: I'm excited!