Cadillac Owners Forum banner
3K views 53 replies 15 participants last post by  LittleB 
#1 ·
It's a fastback, it's in good condition, it runs, and it's blue. That's all I know. LOL We're gonna fix it up slowly but surely. My man had a '70 Blazer that he fixed up before this one. He did the interior, gave it a new paint job, all that good stuff, but he also had to buy a whole new engine and stuff for it. At least with this one he won't have to do much under the hood. His vision for this mustang is Candy Apple Red with Pearl White racing stripes. (I am sure he will change his mind a few times about the colors though). I am excited for this one because I like Mustangs...I hated the Blazer. So this should be fun! :bouncy:

#2 ·
Fastbacks are the ONLY good mustangs, just cause the others are so damned common. Congrats!!! PICTURES!!!

#7 ·
Hahaha

I don't think my bodywork skills are good enough to paint it black, although I would like...

plans right now are for PP1 red with black vinyl top

Oh and btw, I think I heard that they had a hard time during the filming of Bullitt making the Mustang keep up with the *cough* 440 mag *cough* Charger:)

#8 ·
Dark colors show imperfections much more than light.
The 'stang is a great California car! I would love to have one of the new ones 'cause they look so retro. I'm also into good brakes, power and handling, none of which the old ones had - not to say that there aren't plenty of aftermarket parts to get there. :thumbsup:

#10 ·
terrible one said:
Oh and btw, I think I heard that they had a hard time during the filming of Bullitt making the Mustang keep up with the *cough* 440 mag *cough* Charger:)
From a Muscle Car Review article on filming the car chase.

"Later, we took both cars out and went playing around with them over by Griffith Park (near Los Angeles). The Dodge, which was practically stock, just left the Mustang like you wouldn't believe. The Charger ran rings around the Mustang."

Another interesting perspective from the The Times of London.

G
#11 ·
Sweet!, I had a '67 Fastback for years. Real old school with 5 slot mags, nice metallic blue and the fenders were flared for bigger tires. Had a 289 w/tunnel ram and dual quads plus a 4spd. Blew the motor and sold it to a friend for real cheap. This was many years ago, its one of the ones I wish I kept.

#13 ·
:alchi: :banghead: :hitstick: :gun2: :gun: :vomit: :brutal: :blasted: :getaway:

#15 ·
Would someone tell LittleB I'm no longer talking to her?

:D

#18 ·
'68 CS would be great...one of the only non-fastbacks I would go for...and hot damn, I sure as hell would love to have one!

#19 ·
Spyder said:
Would someone tell LittleB I'm no longer talking to her?

Well then would somebody tell Spyder that he is sleeping on the couch tonight?! :rant2: :want: j/k lol

I LIKE BOTH! But seing them next to eachother...I think I sorta like the regular one slightly better.

#22 ·
Is this related to the "another cop story" thread and the "munchies"?

#24 ·
Whooaaaa, duuuude, huh? HAHAHAHAHAHA I crack myself up!

#25 ·
I like the regular Mustang too. Interesting fact; the regular Mustang was developed at a secretary's car, the fastback followed in '65 for the younger generation. The Mustang's grille depicts a Mustang horse (thus the name Pony car), but the Mustang name was derived from the Mustang plane of WWII.

Carroll Shelby is a whole different story, his Shelby GT350's and GT500's were made from fastback 'Stangs. My dream Mustang: a 1965 Shelby GT350, white with blue racing stripes.

The '68 is probably the last good year for the Mustang, I don't care for the '69 or 70's at all. Do you plan on selling this or keeping it as a fun car?

If you plan on keeping it, then put some non-original parts on it, otherwise KISS (Keep It Stock Stupid).

P.S. Does your Mustang have those corny hood scoopes? If so, get a new hood, they look terrible on the car!

#26 ·
SpeedyArizona said:
I like the regular Mustang too. Interesting fact; the regular Mustang was developed at a secretary's car, the fastback followed in '65 for the younger generation. The Mustang's grille depicts a Mustang horse (thus the name Pony car), but the Mustang name was derived from the Mustang plane of WWII.

Carroll Shelby is a whole different story, his Shelby GT350's and GT500's were made from fastback 'Stangs. My dream Mustang: a 1965 Shelby GT350, white with blue racing stripes.

The '68 is probably the last good year for the Mustang, I don't care for the '69 or 70's at all. Do you plan on selling this or keeping it as a fun car?

If you plan on keeping it, then put some non-original parts on it, otherwise KISS (Keep It Stock Stupid).

P.S. Does your Mustang have those corny hood scoopes? If so, get a new hood, they look terrible on the car!
Yep it's got a hood scoop on it. I'll know more once it is at our house...he hasn't picked it up yet. I will post pics. I know he wants to add some chrome/bille under the hood, and I know he is painting it, putting wheels on it, and doing the interior. He'll probably put a sound system in it too. I would like to think that we will keep this for a long time...but knowing him, maybe just a couple of years. He likes to work on stuff so that;s the fun part for him. For me the fun part is driving it! I can't wait to see it all done up with ME behind the wheel :sneaky: :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.