: 200K Miles on my 94 Fleetwood

clwoodside
03-23-06, 11:00 PM
For anyone out there who doubts the longevity of the LT1 equipped Fleetwoods, I just turned over 200K on the one I have had since Dec 94.
Still uses no oil between changes. Feels like it could go another 200K

96Fleetwood
03-23-06, 11:18 PM
Congrats! I have 78,000 on mine and plan to go many more!

N0DIH
03-23-06, 11:20 PM
Likely can, HotRodSaint is over 365K! Not sure what things have been done in that time, but still, any car making >300K theses days is amazing. And an older car doing it, even more so!

caddycruiser
03-23-06, 11:21 PM
Very nice:thumbsup:

We actually have 2 people here that have well over 300k on theirs. One has a '95 with 365k+ and another has an almost completely untouched '94 with around 350k or so, I think.

Mine '95 has 117k and just cost me $1500 in repairs, but I sure hope it can live out the next few hundred thousand with minor issues and be just like some others.:rolleyes:

caddycruiser
03-23-06, 11:22 PM
Likely can, HotRodSaint is over 365K! Not sure what things have been done in that time, but still, any car making >300K theses days is amazing. And an older car doing it, even more so!

Yeah, it's not HotRodSaint, but rather FASSTWOOD (or at least that's his name on the other board)...and his actually did get a new engine at around 330/340k, but only because he's a little harder on it than most. Until then, it was used as a limo in NY...so the first 300k+ certainly was no cake-walk to begin with!

caddycruiser
03-23-06, 11:24 PM
For anyone out there who doubts the longevity of the LT1 equipped Fleetwoods, I just turned over 200K on the one I have had since Dec 94.

What all have you replaced/changed/fixed since buying it new? I'm VERY curious to know:)

N0DIH
03-23-06, 11:25 PM
I do believe you are correct sir! It was FaSSTwood....

caddycruiser
03-25-06, 01:02 PM

Like I had asked before, I'm curious to hear what all you've changed/replaced/had fixed in the 12 years and 200k miles?

You are one of the "rare" ones, afterall, who's owned a Fleetwood since it was new.

BCs71
03-29-06, 05:14 PM
Like I had asked before, I'm curious to hear what all you've changed/replaced/had fixed in the 12 years and 200k miles?

I'm very curious as well? Still on stock tranny, opti, or waterpump? These seem to be the LT1 vehicles' "ticking timebombs" in some cars.....

N0DIH
03-29-06, 06:25 PM
AFAIK, my LT1 has original Opti and pump. My pump is getting noisy, so I am planning on a Opti/pump/timing chain swap soon. 183K miles and counting!

caddycruiser
03-29-06, 06:55 PM
AFAIK, my LT1 has original Opti and pump. My pump is getting noisy, so I am planning on a Opti/pump/timing chain swap soon. 183K miles and counting!

How do you define "noisy"?

I *think* everything is fine right now with my car, with the exception of the A/C (which will be delt with), but I'll be driving a lot back and fourth to work this summer in the heat and am worried about running into any random troubles on the road. Still thinking plugs & wires might be a good idea, especially if they really haven't been touched yet (still don't know).

I'm at 117k though, so not as far beyond "that point". Hopefully my WP and Opti are still going strong at the rate your's are.

The trans was just serviced (fluid & filter) and inspected, and all checked out fine, so that's at least one thing I'm not worried about.

BCs71
03-30-06, 11:23 AM

I just replaced the water pump on my Caprice because it suddenly became VERY noisy. Audible from inside the car, not just outside. SOunded like a box of rocks....

I put a long screwdriver to my ear and rested it on the WP to verify the noise was originating from there. Definitely was the source, it damn near hurt my ear it was so loud. You'll know what it sounds like when you hear something like that.....
Have yet to pull the pump apart (remove front cover) and investigate failure.

caddycruiser
03-30-06, 11:59 AM
Well, I guess that's an easy to diagnose thing then:thumbsup:

N0DIH
03-30-06, 01:29 PM
Squealy at idle. Quiet when driving. Like what the Olds V8's sounded like most of the time with rebuilt pumps.

Like the pump shaft needs a good dose of oil!

I *think* everything is fine right now with my car, with the exception of the A/C (which will be delt with), but I'll be driving a lot back and fourth to work this summer in the heat and am worried about running into any random troubles on the road. Still thinking plugs & wires might be a good idea, especially if they really haven't been touched yet (still don't know).

I'm at 117k though, so not as far beyond "that point". Hopefully my WP and Opti are still going strong at the rate your's are.

The trans was just serviced (fluid & filter) and inspected, and all checked out fine, so that's at least one thing I'm not worried about.