: Another Cop Story...

Jonas McFeely
03-23-06, 05:28 PM
So its like 3:30 am and me and my buddy Jacob were "hungry".He says 7-11 has a dank chicken salad sandwhich,i doubted him,but was "hungry" so i decided we should go.So i get downstairs to my car and i notice the left front tire is low.Not low enough to do damage though.Plus if i left it over night it would be totally flat and i dont have a spare.So i had to drive it.Plus he has a Saturn,and i didnt want to ride in that.So i get onto 436(an 8 lane highway in central florida) and i get up to about 35 or 40,and the tire explodes and the hub cap goes flying into a ditch.So i slowly drive into a little shopping center,car bouncing violently and i stop.Good ole Johnny 1 Time,Casselberrys finest rolls up behind me.Some rookie and an older guy.The rookie takes my info and goes back to the cop car,the old guy is acting like a dick and starts walking around my car and shining his flash light all over it.

Then he says "your car smells awful nice",i was like yeah,thats my air freshener,and he gives me a dirty look and continues to root around my car with out actually touching it.Then he said it was illegal to drive without bumpers.I said another Casselberry officer told me otherwise,he insisted it was illegal,but didnt even mention fixing it or giving me a fine.After that he said "come on lets go get your hub cap",so i walk down 436 about a 1/4 mile and get it myself,he follows me.Then demands that i move my car(on the rim basically) out of the way(it wasnt in anyones way).Now as soon as i put the hub cap in my back seat,they just take off,without saying bye,good night,or even offer us a ride home.It was a good 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile back.Just took off.They took off slow too,so i know nothing had come up.

I got a new tire at Pep Boys for $65,but the screw for the hub cap i think is missing,so now it looks like even more of a hoopty.I got to ride in my buddys '78 Buick Century with the 5.0,it was pretty sweet.

I think they were pissed because they couldnt bust us for anything.And i had all the proper documents and a valid DL.

What ever happened to the SERVE part of Protect and Serve?They left us high and dry,didnt even offer to call a tow truck.I was actually kind of shocked.Usually cops around here are very nice.

Bastards.

Spyder
03-23-06, 05:40 PM
They did their job...Why does everyone expect officers to do everything for them?! Yea, it would have been nice to have offered you a ride or a call to a tow company. You should be lucky they didn't use the smell for PC to search. Two eighteen year old guys out at 3:30 in the morning, I'm going to assume this was last night/this morning...which is a Wednesday night? Suspicion, hmmmm? :)

Jonas McFeely
03-23-06, 05:45 PM
They did their job...Why does everyone expect officers to do everything for them?! Yea, it would have been nice to have offered you a ride or a call to a tow company. You should be lucky they didn't use the smell for PC to search. Two eighteen year old guys out at 3:30 in the morning, I'm going to assume this was last night/this morning...which is a Wednesday night? Suspicion, hmmmm? :)

It was wednesday morning and it was a peach scented christmas tree air freshener hanging from my rear view.Thats not probable cause.

I dont ride dirty anyways.

OffThaHorseCEO
03-23-06, 05:56 PM
yea, i woulda been glad they DIDNT mess with me and just left quickly.

im banned from the local carwash for a stupid reason (on their part not mine) so everytime my friends go to the carwash i park at the neighboring parking lot. well one of my friends was considerate enough to notice i was all alone out there and decided hey ill go keep him company while the rest of the guys wash the cars. well soon enough two officers roll up. im like wtf we didnt even do anything, and we keep talkin like normal (at this point i was showin my friend the Northstar so we were under the hood.

well one of the officers walk up to us calmly, and joined in the convo, nice car nice engine wat kind where yall from, the whole time the other officer is walkin around both vehicles shining his light inside. i didnt say anything, then they came out with it, "were here cause we had a couple of calls about suspicious lookin activity out here so whats up" i explained to them my situation that i wasnt aloowed on the car wash premises and my friend was keepin me company and they said, o well at least your abiding by the ban, have a good night

i know its bs, they didnt receive any call, but as soon as they left i saw their logic, a young male pulls into an empty parking lot near midnight, in a cadillac deville, soon after another young male pulls up in a yukon denali,if i was passin by, even id call it a drug deal, so it didnt even bug me

Tailfin
03-23-06, 06:22 PM
When he said your car smells nice, that was probably a scare tactic. I hate when cops do that... It's a feeble psychological game. He was probably trying to see if you had drugs in the car. If you had marijuana in the car and he had said that, he was likely watching for you to get flustered. My friend got pulled over once just because he went by the cops a couple times at night, driving back and forth. Now sometimes they're nice and just want to see if you're lost...but the cop took his wallet and was like "is that marijuana I smell?" And he's not the type that would EVER have it (nor am I for that matter), so the cop got a resounding "no." He also got cuffed once because some stupid old woman reported him and another friend with a "gun" when they were playing with laser tag...

I also agree with that "serve" part. It is their job to see to it that the person/people are alright when something like that happens. You were still stranded... I mean it's true, some cops would screw with you more, but that doesn't mean it's our job to expect that kind of behavior.

Jonas McFeely
03-23-06, 06:33 PM
When he said your car smells nice, that was probably a scare tactic. I hate when cops do that... It's a feeble psychological game. He was probably trying to see if you had drugs in the car. If you had marijuana in the car and he had said that, he was likely watching for you to get flustered. My friend got pulled over once just because he went by the cops a couple times at night, driving back and forth. Now sometimes they're nice and just want to see if you're lost...but the cop took his wallet and was like "is that marijuana I smell?" And he's not the type that would EVER have it (nor am I for that matter), so the cop got a resounding "no." He also got cuffed once because some stupid old woman reported him and another friend with a "gun" when they were playing with laser tag...

I also agree with that "serve" part. It is their job to see to it that the person/people are alright when something like that happens. You were still stranded... I mean it's true, some cops would screw with you more, but that doesn't mean it's our job to expect that kind of behavior.

Amen.

danbuc
03-23-06, 06:55 PM
I agree that the cop was "doing his job" but you have to admit, to just up and leave without offering assistance is a pretty dick move on that officer's part. The RIGHT thing to do would have been to call a tow truck, or offer him a ride home or something. Anything other than just up and leaving with out making an attempt to help.

Adam
03-23-06, 06:57 PM
other than them not offering to call a tow company or offer to give you a ride it sounds like they did their job. they should have done that for you or atleast offered i should say. also, how was your attitude toward them? if you act smart ass to a cop dont expect him to be so nice back. yes sir no sir have a good night/ day and be safe is what i tell cops all the time. i am respectful to them. i have not got a ticket yet, been pulled over 105 in a 50, 101 in a 70, 95 in a 30 and not ever got a ticket.

Adam
03-23-06, 06:59 PM
I agree that the cop was "doing his job" but you have to admit, to just up and leave without offering assistance is a pretty dick move on that officer's part. The RIGHT thing to do would have been to call a tow truck, or offer him a ride home or something. Anything other than just up and leaving with out making an attempt to help.

:yeah: exactly.

Jonas McFeely
03-23-06, 07:02 PM
other than them not offering to call a tow company or offer to give you a ride it sounds like they did their job. they should have done that for you or atleast offered i should say. also, how was your attitude toward them? if you act smart ass to a cop dont expect him to be so nice back. yes sir no sir have a good night/ day and be safe is what i tell cops all the time. i am respectful to them. i have not got a ticket yet, been pulled over 105 in a 50, 101 in a 70, 95 in a 30 and not ever got a ticket.

I am VERY respectful towards cops.I was in military school and youre taught to be very respectful towards authority figures no matter how much of a dick they can be.I always say yes sir no sir and i like to joke around or say something to break the tension.The cop was just looking for something that he couldnt find,i think thats all.

Those speeds are arrestable offenses btw.Not just tickets.Anything double the speed limit is jail time.Or supposed to be,i guess youre just lucky.

urbanski
03-23-06, 07:08 PM
should have pressed the ON* button :p

Adam
03-23-06, 09:36 PM
I am VERY respectful towards cops.I was in military school and youre taught to be very respectful towards authority figures no matter how much of a dick they can be.I always say yes sir no sir and i like to joke around or say something to break the tension.The cop was just looking for something that he couldnt find,i think thats all.

Those speeds are arrestable offenses btw.Not just tickets.Anything double the speed limit is jail time.Or supposed to be,i guess youre just lucky.

oh i forgot to mention, i have alot of cop friends and work with them. i guess i should have said that. no, i have not gotten a ticket. got a few warnings but no ticket. got a few "if i catch you doing that again, you wont be so lucky" speeches before.

good, being respectful is good. yeah, he was probably having a bad night and training that rookie (who i am sure screwed up a few times) wasnt helping much. could be wrong though. the important thing is, you didnt get in trouble. whenever i pull someone over i am always nice to them.

Night Wolf
03-23-06, 09:54 PM
When he pulled you over, you shoulda been like "It's because its Sage Green, isn't it officer?"

I've gotten pulled over a good amount of times at night, mostly for speeding (which I was) I was just told to slow down and be more careful.... cops are out looking for DUI/DWI, and they don't want to waste their timing writing someone a ticket for doing 10mph over when they could be letting a DUI go past durring that time.

Jonas McFeely
03-24-06, 01:40 AM
When he pulled you over, you shoulda been like "It's because its Sage Green, isn't it officer?"

Holy shit dude that was hilarious.Next time you get pulled over,you should be like "its because im not driving my Fleetwood right?'

oh wait...

Night Wolf
03-24-06, 02:58 AM
Holy shit dude that was hilarious.Next time you get pulled over,you should be like "its because im not driving my Fleetwood right?'

oh wait...

Ha dude, thats great... but see, Fleetwood not needed with '79 DeVille d'Elegance..... in fact I could go pull the bumpers off it, front bumper is a little tweaked, but hey.....

DopeStar 156
03-24-06, 03:14 AM
The cop who arrested me was pretty cool about listening to my story and everything. Nice guy, I was just way too pissed off to return the courtesy.

Jesda
03-24-06, 04:00 AM
I help stranded motorists all the time, even changed a couple flats for the elderly. Why an on-duty officer with no emergency to run to cant offer a call or a ride is beyond me.

Jonas McFeely
03-24-06, 04:14 AM
Ha dude, thats great... but see, Fleetwood not needed with '79 DeVille d'Elegance..... in fact I could go pull the bumpers off it, front bumper is a little tweaked, but hey.....

Dammit! I totally messed up my reply.Next time i'll make sure to get the facts before i reply to the mocking of my car.You win.

Tailfin
03-24-06, 06:58 AM
I wouldn't actually do this I don't think...I hardly ever speed...but if I did, I would just once like to have my car modded up and be like "You do realize, I allowed you to pull me over, right?" :thumbsup:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-24-06, 01:49 PM
So by "hungry" what do you mean? Munchies?

LittleB
03-24-06, 02:09 PM
I respect cops and stuff but they can definitely be weird sometimes. I know they are always on defense, and can be pretty rude, but I am sure it's because they get lied to ALLLLLLL the time. I am sure I'd be the same way...

Anyway, my friend got into an accident about a year ago. She had an Eclipse, and this drunk driver came speeding out of the blue and hit her from behind. It turned her sideways and she ran into a brick wall. She was OK (neck hurt and stuff) but both cars were totalled. There were TONS of cops, and a fire truck, and ambulances etc. Well after they questioned both parties and stuff, and the tow truck came...all the cops just left. It was like all of the sudden they all just decided to leave, without saying anything. (She had called me to the scene so I was witnessing all of this.) I ran out into the street trying to stop one of the cop cars because we needed an officers name, or police report # or SOMETHING! So I spotted one cop that wasn't in his car yet and I asked him for some information, and he was being so rude to me. I was being polite as hell, and there was no reason for either of us to be rude to one another..but he was so mean. I said "Excuse me, sir, I noticed that all of the cops were leaving and we'd like to get your name, or a police report # or something..." and he ignored me at first...and I said "Excuse me?!" and he said "You can just call the police dept. tommorow and get it" and I said "You can't give me any information?" and he wrote his name down on a card and didn't even hand it to me, he just placed it on the car and got in. So I grabbed it and then he pulled off. It was just weird. It was such a HUGE accident, I mean, her car took down that brick wall LOL and it was in front of a bank, and both cars were totalled and I just couldn't believe they all left all of the sudden without saying a WORD. Not bye, not here's what you should do....not ANYTHING! Well, that's my story LOL.

Jonas McFeely
03-24-06, 03:36 PM
So by "hungry" what do you mean? Munchies?

I thought that was pretty straight forward,but yes,i had the "munchies",i just call it being "hungry".Munchies just make you sound like a retarded stoner.

Imagine "munchies" said by Hank Hill,it made me lol.

LittleB
03-24-06, 03:40 PM
I say "hungry" when I am hungry...but if I am not really hungry and just want to be snacking I say "munchies".

Jonas McFeely
03-24-06, 03:43 PM
I say "hungry" when I am hungry...but if I am not really hungry and just want to be snacking I say "munchies".

Speaking of food,i think im gonna get me some boneless spare ribs and some crab rangoons and maybe some mixed chinese vegetables, I LOVE ASIANS!

Jesda
03-24-06, 03:45 PM
I say munchies when my brain wants food, but my body doesn't. I'll leave it at that. :)

Jonas McFeely
03-24-06, 03:50 PM
I say munchies when my brain wants food, but my body doesn't. I'll leave it at that. :)

This may become the what do you call it when your "hungry" thread...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-24-06, 04:56 PM
I don't smoke....

LittleB
03-24-06, 04:58 PM
Who said we smoke?!?!?! :eek: :suspense: :getaway:

Jonas McFeely
03-24-06, 05:55 PM

yeah for real

Night Wolf
03-24-06, 06:02 PM
I've got the Munchies!

http://shopuncleharrys.dukestores.duke.edu/images/chips%20075.jpg

Caddy Man
03-24-06, 06:04 PM
Why an on-duty officer with no emergency to run to cant offer a call or a ride is beyond me.

EXACTLY. Police after all are public servants. They are here to serve the community and the public. Im not saying they should change the tire, but at least offer to call someone. After my accident with our DTS (im sure many of you have seen the pictures), the cops just left. They wrote the report, tow truck came and thats it. Everyone was gone and I just waited around for a ride by myself on the side of the road. Total dick move. At least offer some type of assistance or at least ask if I was ok and if I had a ride coming.

Jonas McFeely
03-24-06, 06:09 PM
I've got the Munchies!

http://shopuncleharrys.dukestores.duke.edu/images/chips%20075.jpg

hell yeah,those things are the danky dank.I like the ones with m and m's

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-24-06, 08:45 PM

Oh I thought you guys were implying you smoke the pot! lol! :embarrassed:

Adam
03-24-06, 09:22 PM
lets see, i get cussed at, spit at, called names, flipped off, lied too, etc. etc. its not a dream job. i pulled a guy over last night who ran a stop sign. i walk up to the car, "why the f*ck are you pulling me over?" "license, registration, proof of insurance." guy throws it out the window. ok, how come you ran that stop sign? "i didnt see it." goes on from there. i got to go, i got a call.

I respect cops and stuff but they can definitely be weird sometimes. I know they are always on defense, and can be pretty rude, but I am sure it's because they get lied to ALLLLLLL the time. I am sure I'd be the same way...

Anyway, my friend got into an accident about a year ago. She had an Eclipse, and this drunk driver came speeding out of the blue and hit her from behind. It turned her sideways and she ran into a brick wall. She was OK (neck hurt and stuff) but both cars were totalled. There were TONS of cops, and a fire truck, and ambulances etc. Well after they questioned both parties and stuff, and the tow truck came...all the cops just left. It was like all of the sudden they all just decided to leave, without saying anything. (She had called me to the scene so I was witnessing all of this.) I ran out into the street trying to stop one of the cop cars because we needed an officers name, or police report # or SOMETHING! So I spotted one cop that wasn't in his car yet and I asked him for some information, and he was being so rude to me. I was being polite as hell, and there was no reason for either of us to be rude to one another..but he was so mean. I said "Excuse me, sir, I noticed that all of the cops were leaving and we'd like to get your name, or a police report # or something..." and he ignored me at first...and I said "Excuse me?!" and he said "You can just call the police dept. tommorow and get it" and I said "You can't give me any information?" and he wrote his name down on a card and didn't even hand it to me, he just placed it on the car and got in. So I grabbed it and then he pulled off. It was just weird. It was such a HUGE accident, I mean, her car took down that brick wall LOL and it was in front of a bank, and both cars were totalled and I just couldn't believe they all left all of the sudden without saying a WORD. Not bye, not here's what you should do....not ANYTHING! Well, that's my story LOL.

Caddy Man
03-24-06, 09:46 PM
lets see, i get cussed at, spit at, called names, flipped off, lied too, etc. etc. its not a dream job. i pulled a guy over last night who ran a stop sign. i walk up to the car, "why the f*ck are you pulling me over?" "license, registration, proof of insurance." guy throws it out the window. ok, how come you ran that stop sign? "i didnt see it." goes on from there. i got to go, i got a call.
Your an officer?? What city do you work for?? Damn man your pretty young, most if not all agencies ive looked into you have to be AT LEAST 21.

davesdeville
03-24-06, 10:07 PM

That depends on where you live...

Adam
03-25-06, 12:14 AM
Your an officer?? What city do you work for?? Damn man your pretty young, most if not all agencies ive looked into you have to be AT LEAST 21.

actually bluff city you can be 18 to work for them. so long as you have had military training. no, i work for a hospital, we used to be police but they changed it to hospital guards or hospital officers. we have full police power, i can arrest you, pull you over, all that. yes i am an officer. they changed it at first to security but we arent like security mall cops or rent a cops. we actually get paid pretty damned good... they get like minimum wage.

Caddy Man
03-25-06, 02:50 AM
actually bluff city you can be 18 to work for them. so long as you have had military training. no, i work for a hospital, we used to be police but they changed it to hospital guards or hospital officers. we have full police power, i can arrest you, pull you over, all that. yes i am an officer. they changed it at first to security but we arent like security mall cops or rent a cops. we actually get paid pretty damned good... they get like minimum wage.
oh ok...so you have powers but on hospital grounds?? Do you carry a firearm? Or have attended the academy?

Spyder
03-25-06, 03:28 AM
I do know that in California, Department of Forestry officers, who are full time, 24 hour law enforcement officers, same as police and sherrif, are NOT allowed to do much of anything to help you out. Their policy here is that they cannot help jumpstart your car, push it out of the way, give you a ride anywhere, let you use their phone or their radio to get help, or much of anything else! Liability crap, I know, but they're not allowed to do anything of any help whatsoever. A buddy of mine who I hadn't seen in years actually got in trouble for giving me a lift back to my truck when it was broken down...I had walked four miles across the hills to the nearest pay phone at the nearest road in a deserted campsite, and he got in trouble for taking me back to the truck to wait for my help...It's not always the officers fault, sometimes, probably usually, its just policy.

Caddy Man
03-25-06, 11:13 AM
I do know that in California, Department of Forestry officers, who are full time, 24 hour law enforcement officers, same as police and sherrif, are NOT allowed to do much of anything to help you out. Their policy here is that they cannot help jumpstart your car, push it out of the way, give you a ride anywhere, let you use their phone or their radio to get help, or much of anything else! Liability crap, I know, but they're not allowed to do anything of any help whatsoever. A buddy of mine who I hadn't seen in years actually got in trouble for giving me a lift back to my truck when it was broken down...I had walked four miles across the hills to the nearest pay phone at the nearest road in a deserted campsite, and he got in trouble for taking me back to the truck to wait for my help...It's not always the officers fault, sometimes, probably usually, its just policy.
true...sometimes I feel it would be a greater liability if they left you without help.

Adam
03-25-06, 11:33 AM
oh ok...so you have powers but on hospital grounds?? Do you carry a firearm? Or have attended the academy?

yes. bulletproof vest, continued education year round, all that.

Caddy Man
03-25-06, 11:43 AM
yes. bulletproof vest, continued education year round, all that.
thats tight

Adam
03-25-06, 11:53 AM
thats tight

yeah its alright. the only thing i dont like is sitting in the ER with suicidal, drunk, or violent patients... or a combination of the three. that would be the only downside to my job. well cops have to do the same thing if they have a court order mental eval.