: In-Dash DVD Install

heavycat
03-23-06, 12:51 PM
I have a 2000 Catera and am looking to install an all-in-one In-dash DVD. Right now I have my two 10" subs running to my factory deck using an aftermarket amp. It does preform well becuase of the bose, but I now want to put in dvd. I would love if it were possible for me to put in a 2 DIN head unit, because i dont really like the flip up monitors.
Has anyone installed a 2 din head unit in their Catera. I've pulled out the factory unit and it is defenailty at least a 2 DIN size but i believe that it is not an "iso mount". I know anything is possible with custom work and i am willing to do so. But if anyone knows of a 2 DIN conversion kit or has done a 2 DIN custom job, Any help or tips are greatly appreciated:thumbsup: Thx

CadillacSTS42005
03-23-06, 01:01 PM
theres no dbl din kit available for the curved hu in cadillacs. they make a single din kit and you do know that if you replace the hu b/c its bose you have to change everything out and rewire the entire car. i did it in my ETC and am very happy with the results but it was a bia

heavycat
03-23-06, 01:10 PM
when using an aftermarket h/u with the bose you can just use a bypass mod makes the rewiring much easier. i still want the 2 DIN, bc a flip up monitor will block the heat controls- not a big deal but ide rather the nav unit style.

CadillacSTS42005
03-23-06, 07:35 PM
yea but the bypass still doesnt allow for a different speaker to be used and i wanted that. and yea i forgot how cateras dashes were you prob could by a single din one and cut it to fit a dbl din