: seville owner

zronx
01-12-04, 04:02 PM
Hi I am a new owner of a very nice one owner 1992 cadillac seville with 77000 miles on it and have a couple of questions that maybe someone can help me with.First I would like to know if there is some kind of solution on the market that I could buy that I could apply to the aluminum wheels to take the clear cote off as there is quite a bit of bubbleing on them.The second thing that I have happening is I have the "service the suspension" lite coming on although the ride and handeling seem to be fine. also when checking the codes I get a 1039 and 1052 coming up.Is there a way to .eleminate the "service the suspension"an those codes other than turning the display off?Any help will be appreciated.Thanks in advance.
Ron

zronx
01-12-04, 04:07 PM
Hi I am a new owner of a very nice one owner 1992 cadillac seville with 77000 miles on it and have a couple of questions that maybe someone can help me with.First I would like to know if there is some kind of solution on the market that I could buy that I could apply to the aluminum wheels to take the clear cote off as there is quite a bit of bubbleing on them.The second thing that I have happening is I have the "service the suspension" lite coming on although the ride and handeling seem to be fine. also when checking the codes I get a 1039 and 1052 coming up.Is there a way to .eleminate the "service the suspension"an those codes other than turning the display off?Any help will be appreciated.Thanks in advance.
Ron

zronx
01-12-04, 04:23 PM
:worship:

Logandiagnostic
01-12-04, 04:49 PM
Umm....the wheels can be stripped and resprayed with clear coat. Thats about your only option. You may find it easier to buy a newer set on eBay. The '92-93 wheels are just that. They make the car look like a '92-93. Newer chrome wheels from a '94-'96 will really make the car look newer.

If the car is a base 'seville'. The message can be turned off. The IO39 code is just telling you that the SSS/CCC system detects a problem. You have to go to the actual SSS/CCC module in the trunk to get the exact system code. Anyways...any code on the system cant be good. At that age of car...assuming that the car rides ok...its not worth fixing the system.

There is a relay that can be installed in the trunk.. basically it tricks the IPC/cluster into think the system is ok and turns the message off. The TSB and wiring directions are posted in the 'how to' section on www.caddyinfo.com .

Logan

zronx
01-13-04, 11:08 PM
Umm....the wheels can be stripped and resprayed with clear coat. Thats about your only option. You may find it easier to buy a newer set on eBay. The '92-93 wheels are just that. They make the car look like a '92-93. Newer chrome wheels from a '94-'96 will really make the car look newer.

If the car is a base 'seville'. The message can be turned off. The IO39 code is just telling you that the SSS/CCC system detects a problem. You have to go to the actual SSS/CCC module in the trunk to get the exact system code. Anyways...any code on the system cant be good. At that age of car...assuming that the car rides ok...its not worth fixing the system.

There is a relay that can be installed in the trunk.. basically it tricks the IPC/cluster into think the system is ok and turns the message off. The TSB and wiring directions are posted in the 'how to' section on www.caddyinfo.com (http://www.caddyinfo.com/) .

Logan

zronx
01-13-04, 11:17 PM
Thanks for the information on the codes 1039 and 1052.I also took your advice and bought new wheels off of ebay.The only problem that I have on the 92 seville at this time is water or condisation in the lower deck taillights.I hear that this is a common problem on this model seville.Do you know if there is any kind of a fix for this problem.I understand that cadillac wants 180.00 each for these tail lights,that is if they even have them!!!
Thanks in advance for any information that you may have.
Ron

nxxprometheus
01-17-04, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the information on the codes 1039 and 1052.I also took your advice and bought new wheels off of ebay.The only problem that I have on the 92 seville at this time is water or condisation in the lower deck taillights.I hear that this is a common problem on this model seville.Do you know if there is any kind of a fix for this problem.I understand that cadillac wants 180.00 each for these tail lights,that is if they even have them!!!
Thanks in advance for any information that you may have.
Ron

Well I see that in almost any car with the water in the light housing, I had that once and I took a De-humidifier and put it in my trunk for 24 hours after i removed them and got all of the water out. I didnt have a problem after that.

zronx
01-17-04, 06:43 PM
Well I see that in almost any car with the water in the light housing, I had that once and I took a De-humidifier and put it in my trunk for 24 hours after i removed them and got all of the water out. I didnt have a problem after that.Thanks for the tip,I will try it .
Ron