: Infiniti Q45

Sandy
03-22-06, 10:52 PM
Does anyone know anything about the 2006 Infiniti Q45 ? On their website, they have all models shown using 2006 ~ but the Q is only as a 2005. Calling dealers in my area, they have some left over 2005s - but no 2006s, yet, they say the 2006s are coming soon! Soon? Next month is April, and in 90 days after that, 2007 cars beging to enter "Start-Up" phase of production. Other 2006 models of Infiniti cars arrived back in October & November. Anyone ??

Jesda
03-22-06, 11:17 PM
http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=159703

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-22-06, 11:19 PM
Whoa...Sandy is making an inquiry about a FOREIGN car?

haha jk, If I'm not mistaken, the Q45 is one of the few japanese cars he likes.

Lord Cadillac
03-23-06, 12:10 AM
Sandy. You really like the Q45? If so, what makes it better, to you, than the LS430?

TomDeville
03-23-06, 12:12 AM
Dear EsteemedCaddyFriends,

I think that Sir Sandy acknowledges
that particular Japanese vehicle as
being the best of Japanese vehicles.

I am not sure whether that means
he "likes" them.

I recognize the Q45 similarly; however,
the notion of owning one is repugnant
to me personally, as a direct consequence
of my adherence to a strict doctrine
of American protectionism.

Best Regards,

TomDeville
:cool2:

Sandy
03-23-06, 12:52 AM
To All:
I have had a love affair with the current design Q since day 1. Sal, the Lexus around these parts (New Jersey) are more oft than not driven by people who are 66+ in years, and especially those that are 66+ AND LOOK IT ! Granted I'm 59, but nobody who sees me believes it! Also driven by alot of older women, the grandmotherly types. Now, there's nothing wrong with that, but I like something a bit more youthful. The Q is "it" ~ The Q is so beautiful, from any angle, goes like stink and the Infiniti dealer network is #1 in customer satisfaftion in the NY/NJ area.The car is a win-win-win.

Morals:
'Ya, morals. We alll have our own set of them. We can lie like little kids, but there's always that man in the mirror. He don't take no lies. So, that said, I've had the opportunity to cheat on my wife. So very tempting, but the man in the mirror knows it's wrong, it's against the wedding vows that I took in the face of God. So, I didn't.
Sure, sure i'd like to know WTF ham tastes like. But, I took the vow of being Kosher at age 13, & I have kept it. So, I don't know.... But, that's okay.
When I sold cars, I refused to work for "Rip 'n Tear" dealerships that openly enforced the raping of customers. I worked for small little privately owned dealers, not chains nor Mob-owned highway haunted houses. I treated customers like I would my family.
So.......that said, I wanna buy an end-of-the-run 2006 Q ~ so badly, I can taste it. The Sport model with rear wheel steering.
But......heII ~ there comes those morals again! I just can't do it. I wanna , but ...I cannot. I cannot go against my personal morals. To support America mentally & thru spirit & acts & when you purchase something, you are INDEED voting for THAT country that manufactred it. So, forgive me for sorta kinda acting out my pipe-dream of putting a Q in my garage.
Conscience. I have a very powerful one! I'll keep my Town Car and Sixty Special. I love the USA & always try my fullest to support her. She's been good to me& my brothers.

TomDeville
03-23-06, 01:16 AM
As good as the Q45 is...
Morals are better.

Jonas McFeely
03-23-06, 01:45 AM
Damn,thats some hardcore thinking there.I say you only live once,buy the damn car if it makes you happy.Screw where it came from,its not like america will fall because you and a few thousand other people buy a damn Nissan.I mean alot of Nissans are made in america anyway,so it would be like contributing to your country.I know the Q45 is made in japan,but come on,its a sweet car.BUY IT!

Jesda
03-23-06, 06:38 AM
Buying the 06 Q would barely prop up a highly unprofitable part of the luxury business. :)

I believe that now only 40-80 are sold each month nationwide. Compare that to 1990 when over 21,000 were solid annually.

Personally, I'd wait a year and buy a used Q. Most of the biggest revisions were made in 05, and low-mileage examples will be giveaways in early 2007. The resale value is wonderfully awful.

Hell, I bought my pristine '90 for $1300. In 03 it would have cost $4500.
http://q45.spilky.com/gallery/d/1981-1/sigpic_001.jpg

Sandy
03-23-06, 08:00 AM
Jesda, thanks for the link to the Q owner's message board. I read more than you'd imagine & enjoyed it. The people there seem nice, like the the people here. Very dedicated to the Q. The Q seems to be a Luxury/Sport car with emphasis on Luxury. The M45 doesn't move me. It seems like a Luxury/Sport car, but with very little emphasis on Luxury. It also looks waaay to much like a Maxima!
Regardless, I'm thinking of waiting for the forthcoming Imperial, if they do something with that ugly PT Cruiser-inspired front end. The SLS is too expensive for me, the CTS is too small for me and the DTS is just right, but me, being an option junky, and putting everything on it, ya know, the complete car, it's also too expensive. I was also shocked at the sticker of the Q, and that is a factor as well. I am "in" around the $56,000 arena. The Sandy-Spec DTS is over $60. I guess that is why I drive a Town Car. Super loaded it was $49,700, as is the '06.

davesdeville
03-23-06, 08:01 AM
Damn,thats some hardcore thinking there.I say you only live once,buy the damn car if it makes you happy.Screw where it came from,its not like america will fall because you and a few thousand other people buy a damn Nissan.I mean alot of Nissans are made in america anyway,so it would be like contributing to your country.I know the Q45 is made in japan,but come on,its a sweet car.BUY IT!

You, sir, are probably about to be drawn and quartered by Sandy. :thepan:

Destroyer
03-23-06, 08:43 AM
Damn,thats some hardcore thinking there.I say you only live once,buy the damn car if it makes you happy.Screw where it came from,its not like america will fall because you and a few thousand other people buy a damn Nissan.I mean alot of Nissans are made in america anyway,so it would be like contributing to your country.I know the Q45 is made in japan,but come on,its a sweet car.BUY IT!I got your back on this one. He's (gulp) right, life's to short to be worried about being unpatriotic by buying a Japanese car. You like it, its your money and you should do with it as you please.

Sandy
03-23-06, 10:46 AM
It is hard to justify the $65,000 MSRLP of the 2006 Q with no rebates, I might add, when I can get a 2006 Cadillac DTS for $49,500 or so with all of this on it:-
LUXURY III PKG.
Features shown below are in addition to, or in place of, Lux II features:
Audio system: Bose premium audio system with 6-disc CD changer
Mirrors: Outside rearview, power folding, heated, body-color, turn signal indicator, driver side electrochromic
Mirrors: Rear vanity mirrors
Seat controls: driver and front passenger, four-way power lumbar support with massaging feature
Steering column: Power tilt and telescopic
Wheels: 17-inch, 9-spoke Chrome Wheels
Wipers: Rainsense
Wood Trim: Dark Burled Walnut
Cargo convenience net, trunk
Delete xm satellite radio
Premium paint
Seats, heated and cooled, front
Sound system, , ETR AM/FM stereo with CD/MP3 player, 6-disc in-dash CD changer, seek-and-scan, digital clock, auto-tone control, automatic volume compensation, Theftlock, Radio Data System (RDS) and 8 speakers
Sunroof, power, tilt-sliding, electric with express-open, includes sunshade
Sunshade, rear window, power
Trunk mat, and deck lid tie down
Hood Ornament - Stand Up.

Lord Cadillac
03-23-06, 11:41 AM
I think you should wait to see what the next Town Car looks like before you buy anything... :)

Jesda
03-23-06, 03:13 PM
It is hard to justify the $65,000 MSRLP of the 2006 Q with no rebates, I might add, when I can get a 2006 Cadillac DTS for $49,500 or so with all of this on it:-

The DTS is selling very well, as you know, while the Q is a sales dud. If you pay anywhere over $60k you haven't tried negotiating yet.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-23-06, 03:29 PM
Why is the Q such a sales dud? Its a perfectly nice car.

Jonas McFeely
03-23-06, 04:22 PM
I got your back on this one. He's (gulp) right, life's to short to be worried about being unpatriotic by buying a Japanese car. You like it, its your money and you should do with it as you please.

Hell just froze over...

Thanks.

Spyder
03-23-06, 04:24 PM
He IS doing what he wants with his money. He's supporting his country and his own personal morals!

Jonas McFeely
03-23-06, 04:30 PM
He IS doing what he wants with his money. He's supporting his country and his own personal morals!

He said he WANTS the Q45 but wont buy it because the money goes to the japanese.And if you think about it,buying a Nissan IS supporting the US.Nissan has Nissan of North America which supplies jobs to 1000's of AMERICANS,thus helping our economy.As for personal morals,i cant argue with that.Im just saying it really isnt unpatriotic of him to buy a damn Nissan.

Jesda
03-23-06, 06:09 PM
Since we're all telling Sandy what to do:

Sell me your Sixty Special for $2000! :D

Destroyer
03-23-06, 06:13 PM
He IS doing what he wants with his money. He's supporting his country and his own personal morals!GM and Ford are international. Many "foreign" cars are built here in America by American workers. That "patriotic" thing is just in his head. GM has been producing cars in Germany, Australia, Canada, etc... for many years.

Destroyer
03-23-06, 06:15 PM
LUXURY III PKG.
Features shown below are in addition to, or in place of, Lux II features:
Audio system: Bose premium audio system with 6-disc CD changer
Mirrors: Outside rearview, power folding, heated, body-color, turn signal indicator, driver side electrochromic
Mirrors: Rear vanity mirrors
Seat controls: driver and front passenger, four-way power lumbar support with massaging feature
Steering column: Power tilt and telescopic
Wheels: 17-inch, 9-spoke Chrome Wheels
Wipers: Rainsense
Wood Trim: Dark Burled Walnut
Cargo convenience net, trunk
Delete xm satellite radio
Premium paint
Seats, heated and cooled, front
Sound system, , ETR AM/FM stereo with CD/MP3 player, 6-disc in-dash CD changer, seek-and-scan, digital clock, auto-tone control, automatic volume compensation, Theftlock, Radio Data System (RDS) and 8 speakers
Sunroof, power, tilt-sliding, electric with express-open, includes sunshade
Sunshade, rear window, power
Trunk mat, and deck lid tie down
Hood Ornament - Stand Up.
Buy a NEW car, especially a luxury car of any make and you will be taking up the a$$ in depreciation. Do yourself a favor and buy a slightly used one.

Sandy
03-23-06, 06:20 PM
No!
Try to follow this > All of the Japanese cars came to America & built assembly plants here, NOT to give Americans jobs, trust me on that. They did it because the President at the time (can't recall who) was talking of large tariffs being impossed upon FOREIGN cars, built abroad and shipped into America. Fearing being priced way way outta each car's "market" ~ the very intellignt Japanese elected to buy land in America (which we cannot do in Japan {BTW} and build them here so as never to face THAT situation. Then, they went into impoverished areas where unemployment was rampant and made "deals" with the States ! Toyopet chose the South and signed a deal with the state they selected to avoid ALL state & local taxes (property) taxes for 25 years (still in effect!). They bought up enormous acres of land & built Camrys using the workers that they trained. The execs all came over from the homeland. If you own a house, small inexpensive, or a mansion or anything in between, you know how much state & local taxes & property taxes YOU pay, as (I assume) that you are an American citizen! They have hundreds of acres, tax-free. Smoke that !

Yes, I do love the Q. But, when you spend your money, you ARE doing more than buying a product (car). You are voting WITH your money, much in the same way as when you buy a car from a dealer. IF you give a deposit on a car and the personal at THAT dealership starts to play games & tricks on you, simply because you gave $300.00 deposit on a car, and then they get "funny" and verbally go 3 people on you to strong-arm you into buying that car and you go ahead on the deal and raise your financial input ~ simply becasue you've financially commited, rather than head for the door, & call the BBB, then you've condoned that type of business dealing, even though you are angry!
So, I'd rather "vote" for one of the "Big-3" Yes, it's a mental/moral thing with me. The only car to ever challenge that is the "Q" ~ which as I've come to find out is more $$$$ than I can justify spending, anyhow, so it's all a mute point, I guess. The DTS is over $52,000 plus sales tax putting it over $55,000 so....I am looking at the 25th Commemorative Edition (Last car to bear the Town Car name), which is $46,500. out the door. The replacement car, the MK-5 looks like the Infiniti FX SUV and is simply awful, and built on the Ford 500 / Mercury Montego platform. (It's just NOT a rel Lincoln, IMHO).
Plus, my Lincoln dealer is the #1 Lincoln dealer in the USA, winning the president's award 8 years running, with a CSI on 99.1 % satisfaction. When MY Town Car was hit (parked) by that drunk, the dealer's owner handed over to me HIS persoanl Town Car for 4 weeks. I like that kinda treatment.

Lord Cadillac
03-23-06, 06:24 PM
Why is the Q such a sales dud? Its a perfectly nice car.

I wonder why as well.. I'm guessing a lot of people cross shop the Lexus LS430 and choose the Lexus.. I've never driven in ANY Q45 (I'd love to get a test drive one day) but from what I read, it's not as refined as the Lexus LS.. That's the only reason I can think of that it's not selling.. Maybe if the price was lower it would sell better because of the comparison to the Lexus LS.. I like the Q... I just don't like the door handles (yeah, I'm picky).

I did get to sit in one and it's (to me) not as comfortable as the LS.. The leather felt less expensive.. I don't remember a whole lot, though...

Lord Cadillac
03-23-06, 06:29 PM
Sandy. Have you ever sat in a DTS? What do you like about it over the Town Car? I still miss the roominess of my Fleetwood.. The DTS is cramped compared to your Lincoln...

Jonas McFeely
03-23-06, 06:48 PM
ive driven a '98 Q45 and an '02 Q45 at the auction i worked at.Truely awesome cars.

caddycruiser
03-23-06, 07:18 PM
I'd say go for the Q, DEFINATELY, as long as you can find the right one for the right price. There's nothing better than a V8, rear drive luxury sedan, and it's always been one of the best. Also one of the most forgotten, which makes it a lot more unique than the typical Lexus LS, etc. you see.

I myself have never fully liked the look, as it always came off as okay, but seriously odd in the way some of the body lines looked in conjunction with others...but still can be an eye catching car. And a BIG one too.

Actually, even though this is a Caddy board, I don't know how you could ever say Q45 and DTS in the same sentence. The Caddy is nice, but not even in remotely the same league as the Infiniti. Close, but no cigar. The level of refinement, power, handling, and build quality is trully outstanding on the Q.

Then again, I can't imagine what it would be like to go from a TC to a Q45...WOW...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-23-06, 07:21 PM
Jesda, I'm surprised you're not jumping all over this opportunity.

Jonas McFeely
03-23-06, 07:22 PM
I'd say go for the Q, DEFINATELY, as long as you can find the right one for the right price. There's nothing better than a V8, rear drive luxury sedan, and it's always been one of the best. Also one of the most forgotten, which makes it a lot more unique than the typical Lexus LS, etc. you see.

I myself have never fully liked the look, as it always came off as okay, but seriously odd in the way some of the body lines looked in conjunction with others...but still can be an eye catching car. And a BIG one too.

Actually, even though this is a Caddy board, I don't know how you could ever say Q45 and DTS in the same sentence. The Caddy is nice, but not even in remotely the same league as the Infiniti. Close, but no cigar. The level of refinement, power, handling, and build quality is trully outstanding on the Q.

Then again, I can't imagine what it would be like to go from a TC to a Q45...WOW...

I totally agree with that statement.GM build quality VS. Nissan? Nissan wins.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-23-06, 07:40 PM
Uh oh......

Destroyer
03-23-06, 08:11 PM
All of the Japanese cars came to America & built assembly plants here, NOT to give Americans jobs, trust me on that.. Of course not, it all boils down to dollars and cents but companies like Toyota building in places like KY is a godsend for the people that live there and can raise their families by working there. The end result is that they DO employ American workers.

I understand your feelings of guilt for buying cars made in another country but take a look at who makes your TV, electronic appliances, and the computer you are viewing this with. If something says "made in the USA" take a look at the parts inside, I guarantee the word "china" appears somewhere. You are fighting a fight that you cant win with yourself. Its a global economy. And there is no "big three" anymore, Chrysler is owned by a German company so even if you wait on that Imperial you are still buying a foreign car.

Buy used. The car was already purchased by someone else and is and will be in circulation for X amount of years anyway. Just a few weeks ago I was in the market for an '02 up Q45 as my wife drives a Camry and I wanted her to have a bigger/safer car to haul the kids around with. The Q is a great car but it is often overshadowed by Lexus, good thing is that the prices drop real fast because of that fact. I ended up buying a '98 Deville for her only cause a friend needed the money real bad and gave me a good deal. She likes it and I saved $20+k so it'll do for now.

Jesda
03-23-06, 08:15 PM
Nissan ruined the Q45 badge with the 97-01 Nissan Cima. Credibility ruined with a joke of a car.

elwesso
03-23-06, 08:18 PM
Nissan ruined the Q45 badge with the 97-01 Nissan Cima. Credibility ruined with a joke of a car.
Couldnt agree with you more, they didnt really market the Q much after 2002..

Personally Id get a lightly used (less than 20k miles) 04 or 05 Q rather than get a new one.. Youll be glad you did, plus you can still get it certified to 100k

Sandy
03-23-06, 08:22 PM
The Sixty is in my Will & upon my death goes to my wife. Upon her death it goes to our son. We will never sell it. (Not a joke, that's the honest truth) !:yup:

caddycruiser
03-23-06, 09:27 PM
The Sixty is in my Will & upon my death goes to my wife. Upon her death it goes to our son. We will never sell it. (Not a joke, that's the honest truth) !:yup:

Good to hear. Something of that caliber, HAS to have lifetime provisions made for it:thumbsup:

caddycruiser
03-23-06, 09:30 PM
I LOVE the unique interior color of this one (can't really stand much gray or beige anymore...) in combination with the graphite paint. Only thing I'd add would be a set of the '06 wheels (pictured below).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-Infiniti-Q45-BRAND-NEW-LAST-ONE-SAVE-HUGE_W0QQitemZ4623469131QQcategoryZ6264QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//pictures/VEHICLE/2006/Infiniti/100632351/20027958-E.jpg
http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//pictures/VEHICLE/2006/Infiniti/100632351/20027959-E.jpg

For under $48k, that is a STEAL...and nearly $10k under the original sticker.

96Fleetwood
03-23-06, 10:05 PM
Those wheels look like they came from the M45 sport.

Sandy
03-23-06, 10:24 PM
Sandy. Have you ever sat in a DTS? What do you like about it over the Town Car? I still miss the roominess of my Fleetwood.. The DTS is cramped compared to your Lincoln...

The Town Car is extremely well built. I've been given one as a loaner everytime my goes in forservice. I've never had one with even an infrequent squeek or knock, nor rattle. There is zero wind noise and it's unbelieveably smooth. It feels like it floats 1" over the pavement. The interior is absolutley huge! You can change your seating posistion many times. The car is heavy, and drives like a heavy car. FOR ITS SIZE, it corners like a car the size of a Chevy Malibu.
Power? What is power? It's sadly underpowered @ 4,400 pounds & 239 H.P. It can go over 80MPH but from 0 to 40 most late model cars on the road will beat it. It's a luxury car and it knows it. Try & make it a Sporting Tourer & you'll be sorry. The HIDs are wicked strong and the blind can see again with them ! Lots of mini convenience features, that you never missed, and now demand! For 3 years all maintenance service is free WITH a Town Car loaner, if you want it. Real wood inside and (don't laugh) it SMELLS good on the inside. You get alot for the price. Most of the exterior paint color stink, not a good enough selection. 100% silient power windows and lastly, people who sit in the back .... no way can they reach the back of the front seasts, to KICK them!

Night Wolf
03-23-06, 10:36 PM
I LOVE the unique interior color of this one (can't really stand much gray or beige anymore...) in combination with the graphite paint. Only thing I'd add would be a set of the '06 wheels (pictured below).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-Infiniti-Q45-BRAND-NEW-LAST-ONE-SAVE-HUGE_W0QQitemZ4623469131QQcategoryZ6264QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//pictures/VEHICLE/2006/Infiniti/100632351/20027958-E.jpg
http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//pictures/VEHICLE/2006/Infiniti/100632351/20027959-E.jpg

For under $48k, that is a STEAL...and nearly $10k under the original sticker.

Man, that car does NOTHING for me at all!

The front (grille/headlights) scream Kia... and the back is ugly....

Sandy
03-23-06, 10:45 PM
'Ya, I'm finding that it is a love it or hate it car. Black or White, there is NO grey area! I like the '06 as it has 4-wheel steering and other new features, but, Iam not buying. Too much $$$ (new) and for the $$ the DTS & T.C. offer almost as much, for ALOT less....ALOT LESS !!

Not to bust this web site wide open and cause total mayheim or anything, but my wife's cousin
has a 1997 car with 131,000 miles and no problems and tell me to go "experience" a 2006
Saab 9.5 AERO ! Says his dealer will give me one for an hour "to abuse"

96Fleetwood
03-23-06, 10:48 PM
Don't forget the 300C... you can get a fully loaded 5.7 liter Hemi for well under your price range :thumbsup: ... not to mention a SRT-8 falls right around $46K :eek:

Jesda
03-23-06, 10:55 PM
I like the F50 Q45 in dark colors like navy or black, because it makes it look lower and sleeker. Its a very tall big-bodied car.

I much prefer my own Q45 for looks.

Destroyer
03-23-06, 10:59 PM
The Sixty is in my Will & upon my death goes to my wife. Upon her death it goes to our son. We will never sell it. (Not a joke, that's the honest truth) !:yup:Son is probably wishing you were more into Porsches and Ferrari's right about now.

Sandy
03-24-06, 12:18 AM
He owns a Cherokee, that he likes, but aspires to own an Acura TL.
(Must be a bad gene somewhere, inheirted from the wife's side).

N0DIH
03-24-06, 12:45 AM
Thank you!!! I have tried to make this point to people in the past, but few ever have understood it! They think they are doing it to help, not for a sec!

Thank you!
Tom

No!
Try to follow this > All of the Japanese cars came to America & built assembly plants here, NOT to give Americans jobs, trust me on that. They did it because the President at the time (can't recall who) was talking of large tariffs being impossed upon FOREIGN cars, built abroad and shipped into America. Fearing being priced way way outta each car's "market" ~ the very intellignt Japanese elected to buy land in America (which we cannot do in Japan {BTW} and build them here so as never to face THAT situation. Then, they went into impoverished areas where unemployment was rampant and made "deals" with the States ! Toyopet chose the South and signed a deal with the state they selected to avoid ALL state & local taxes (property) taxes for 25 years (still in effect!). They bought up enormous acres of land & built Camrys using the workers that they trained. The execs all came over from the homeland. If you own a house, small inexpensive, or a mansion or anything in between, you know how much state & local taxes & property taxes YOU pay, as (I assume) that you are an American citizen! They have hundreds of acres, tax-free. Smoke that !

Yes, I do love the Q. But, when you spend your money, you ARE doing more than buying a product (car). You are voting WITH your money, much in the same way as when you buy a car from a dealer. IF you give a deposit on a car and the personal at THAT dealership starts to play games & tricks on you, simply because you gave $300.00 deposit on a car, and then they get "funny" and verbally go 3 people on you to strong-arm you into buying that car and you go ahead on the deal and raise your financial input ~ simply becasue you've financially commited, rather than head for the door, & call the BBB, then you've condoned that type of business dealing, even though you are angry!
So, I'd rather "vote" for one of the "Big-3" Yes, it's a mental/moral thing with me. The only car to ever challenge that is the "Q" ~ which as I've come to find out is more $$$$ than I can justify spending, anyhow, so it's all a mute point, I guess. The DTS is over $52,000 plus sales tax putting it over $55,000 so....I am looking at the 25th Commemorative Edition (Last car to bear the Town Car name), which is $46,500. out the door. The replacement car, the MK-5 looks like the Infiniti FX SUV and is simply awful, and built on the Ford 500 / Mercury Montego platform. (It's just NOT a rel Lincoln, IMHO).
Plus, my Lincoln dealer is the #1 Lincoln dealer in the USA, winning the president's award 8 years running, with a CSI on 99.1 % satisfaction. When MY Town Car was hit (parked) by that drunk, the dealer's owner handed over to me HIS persoanl Town Car for 4 weeks. I like that kinda treatment.

TomDeville
03-24-06, 01:51 AM
Thank you!!! I have tried to make this point to people in the past, but few ever have understood it! They think they are doing it to help, not for a sec!

Thank you!
Tom

I've understood the point.

It is difficult to grapple with
the free market nonprotectionist
mentality. America's capitulation
in so many areas (can't find a watch,
T.V., stereo etc. ... made in the U.S.
with U.S. parts if you tried), is a travesty.

It wasn't always like this, and just because
it constitutes the extant status quo does not
mean it is right. When slavery was the status quo,
it still wasn't right. When you toss your garbage
out the car window, isn't the end of the world;
but, it isn't right and the world is a shittier place;
accordingly, if everyone did it we would reside in filth and
virulent contagion.

Buying a Japanese Car produces
negativities for an American citizen which exceed
any positivities, including but not limited to backwater
Joe having a decent job in a subsidized factory run
by a company from a country that would never
consider an American Car assembled in Japan to
be Japanese.

Things are ass backwards, when Americans
can't get enough Japanese cars, and think that it is no
big deal. When a key industry falters it has far
greater ramifications for the nation's overall economic
security and fiscal well being.

America needs to protect itself on all fronts.
The automotive sector is a fundamental
cornerstone industry important to the economy.
It's erosion at the hands of toyopet and the like must
be gravely concerning to the American public;
failing which it's only a matter of time before
economic domestic demise.

The chinese cars are coming, will it be O.K. to
buy those too? I hope not. The world's greatest
nation is giving itself away, without a fight. Say
it ain't so.

God Bless America; By the way, I am
Canadian.

TomDeville

Night Wolf
03-24-06, 02:12 AM
He owns a Cherokee, that he likes, but aspires to own an Acura TL.
(Must be a bad gene somewhere, inheirted from the wife's side).

TL is perhaps the only import non-sports car that I really like.... like... I would actually consider owning.... 6spd manual please.

The kicker? Its FWD. Its quite peppy... but, I really wouldn't want to deal with that much power, and a 6spd... driving the front wheels, it'd make me go crazy.... still tho, nice lines, nice tranny, and a nice interior...

Although... the Cherokee is sweet too :). Love the 4.0 I6... tho if it was me, it'd have a 4" lift kit, 33" tires, a winch, aux off-road lights up top... and a snorkel..... Between the Cherokee and a TL... its a no brainer... the TL is worth more, but you can have far more fun in the Cherokee.... about the only way to make that Cherokee better, is for it to have the 5spdo manual :).

I'll take 20mph thru a nice trail in the middle of nowhere over 100mph on a highway anytime....

Jesda
03-24-06, 03:56 AM
The TL is a great car. Just keep a spare tranny and a box of tools in the trunk.

davesdeville
03-24-06, 06:33 AM
I've understood the point.

It is difficult to grapple with
the free market nonprotectionist
mentality. America's capitulation
in so many areas (can't find a watch,
T.V., stereo etc. ... made in the U.S.
with U.S. parts if you tried), is a travesty.

It wasn't always like this, and just because
it constitutes the extant status quo does not
mean it is right. When slavery was the status quo,
it still wasn't right. When you toss your garbage
out the car window, isn't the end of the world;
but, it isn't right and the world is a shittier place;
accordingly, if everyone did it we would reside in filth and
virulent contagion.

Buying a Japanese Car produces
negativities for an American citizen which exceed
any positivities, including but not limited to backwater
Joe having a decent job in a subsidized factory run
by a company from a country that would never
consider an American Car assembled in Japan to
be Japanese.

Things are ass backwards, when Americans
can't get enough Japanese cars, and think that it is no
big deal. When a key industry falters it has far
greater ramifications for the nation's overall economic
security and fiscal well being.

America needs to protect itself on all fronts.
The automotive sector is a fundamental
cornerstone industry important to the economy.
It's erosion at the hands of toyopet and the like must
be gravely concerning to the American public;
failing which it's only a matter of time before
economic domestic demise.

The chinese cars are coming, will it be O.K. to
buy those too? I hope not. The world's greatest
nation is giving itself away, without a fight. Say
it ain't so.

God Bless America; By the way, I am
Canadian.

TomDeville

Excellant post, Tom. :thumbsup:

96Fleetwood
03-24-06, 08:24 AM
The TL is a great car. Just keep a spare tranny and a box of tools in the trunk.

That seems to be more for the 1999-2003 TL

Sandy
03-24-06, 08:25 AM
I've just printed a masterpiece! (and) To think, to have just been made aware of...THE fact that Tom is Canadian? Whoa......One of the few times I am SpEeChLeSs !! :eek:

caddycruiser
03-24-06, 08:59 AM
Like I said, the Q definately has a bloated, almost gangly look to it, but in the right colors can be quite nice. That, and it certainly does have the refinement, power, handling, and quality to make it worth the price of admission.

TomDeville
03-24-06, 09:21 PM
I've just printed a masterpiece! (and) To think, to have just been made aware of...THE fact that Tom is Canadian? Whoa......One of the few times I am SpEeChLeSs !! :eek:

Sandy...SpEeChLeSs !!
I am marking this day on my
calendar!!!

Now... we need to have a chat
with your son about his Acura TL
mis-aspirations. It has to be those
maternal genes at play; drop me a line
if you think that an intervention may
be required.

Best Regards To All,

TomDeville

elwesso
03-24-06, 09:26 PM
LIke the earlier Qs with the 4 wheel steering, i doubt it really does much. I drove an M45 with it and i doubt it really does much.