: Aftermarket air intake...

weister42
03-22-06, 01:35 PM
I found these on eBay and surprisingly they actually have one installed in a N* Cadillac. I don't see where the MAF is but I'm sure it's somewhere. Is this better than the stock air box? They sell ones with a K & N filter too(not saying it's all that great).

http://i7.ebayimg.com/04/i/06/8c/83/40_1_b.JPG

Here's the auction...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-Deville-Air-Intake-4-6-4-6L-V8-96-05_W0QQitemZ8047660715QQcategoryZ38634QQrdZ1QQcmdZ ViewItem

Odin8
03-22-06, 01:37 PM
I'm thinking you'd just be sucking in a whole lot of hot air, and you wouldn't be doing much of anything for better performance.

eldorado1
03-22-06, 01:38 PM
I was gonna say...

That's one sweet looking hot air intake. :thumbsup:

CadillacSTS42005
03-22-06, 01:53 PM
ya ive notice them on ebay and i doubted their vality too

dkozloski
03-22-06, 02:08 PM
A fool and his money are soon parted.

Ranger
03-22-06, 04:59 PM
A fool and his money are soon parted.
Well said Koz. :thumbsup:

Here we go again. :hide:

blunted
03-22-06, 05:01 PM
Some people have no common sense.. :bigroll:

davesdeville
03-23-06, 06:36 AM
I don't see where the MAF is but I'm sure it's somewhere.

Could be a 93-95 speed density system. I can't tell from that pic.

BIGED
03-23-06, 08:42 AM
Would it be of some benefit if you were to use the same setup except find a way to route it were the filter would be located in the space between the grill and the radiator ?

VinnyT
03-23-06, 08:45 AM
At the very LEAST, the engine bay and engine should have been cleaned before slapping on that intake and taking a pic. Without a larger TB, it is useless.

tkarlstad
03-23-06, 09:54 AM
Why don't jackasses like this Ebayer go buy a damn civic and get their fast and furious fix on that. Good lord!!!!!

eldorado1
03-23-06, 10:34 AM

It is, it's a 93 or 94.

At least he's not selling homemade tornado's..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SAVE-GAS-16-HP-Cadillac-Eldorado-STS-SRX-31-MPG_W0QQitemZ8049851310QQcategoryZ42604QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

VinnyT
03-23-06, 12:01 PM
It is, it's a 93 or 94.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SAVE-GAS-16-HP-Cadillac-Eldorado-STS-SRX-31-MPG_W0QQitemZ8049851310QQcategoryZ42604QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

The sad thing is this guy is only 40 miles from me. :rant2: How embarassing! Looks like a blade from a commercial blender!

fubar569
03-23-06, 12:41 PM
At the very LEAST, the engine bay and engine should have been cleaned before slapping on that intake and taking a pic. Without a larger TB, it is useless.

eldorado1, does this guy work for you? lol :nyanya: :histeric:

btw...intake threads = :horse:

it's been proven that the intake isn't the best place to start unless you're substantially modified, but the level of mods are reduced already by the engine's current capabilities and the unhackable OBDII. there are piggyback systems but if you do anything to move the powerband up it will be hard to take advantage of the extended range without something to control shift points.

VinnyT
03-23-06, 01:19 PM
[/size]

btw...intake threads = :horse:

it's been proven that the intake isn't the best place to start unless you're substantially modified, but the level of mods are reduced already by the engine's current capabilities and the unhackable OBDII. there are piggyback systems but if you do anything to move the powerband up it will be hard to take advantage of the extended range without something to control shift points.

I meant all cars in general regarding the larger TB, not just Cadillac. A larger TB is just one of many mods that would need to be done to actually make a difference. What pisses me off is that the engine bay is so friggin dirty!! GRRRRR!

CadillacSTS42005
03-23-06, 01:32 PM

that pic is of the 93-94 N* you can tell because the intake cover is different

ELDOminator
03-23-06, 02:57 PM
This reminds me of, just today actually, when a kid told me in Automotive class, that hot air is better then cold air... :wtf: We got into an argument about cold air vs. hot air, and it was funny... Someone brought in their 1.6L straight 4 Mazda with a "cold air" intake, putting the filter right next to the engine. It all started when I called it his "Hot air intake." :bigroll: So a classmate continued to say that hot air is better. After the argument, I shut him up (almost) by bringin' over the teacher, who used to be a race car driver, and told him to put him in his place. :thumbsup: But even after that... the kid still says "Everyone has their things. I think hot air will help and that's my thing." I hate idiots. :want:

CadillacSTS42005
03-23-06, 03:50 PM
rofl this is the future mechanic thank god i do most of my own work on my car

eldorado1
03-23-06, 03:51 PM

If he wants a commission sales position.... :D

dkozloski
03-23-06, 04:42 PM
He sits in front of the TV with old Budweiser cans and a pair of scissors to make those Tornados. Probably he empties them as he goes.

weister42
03-23-06, 04:44 PM
Why don't jackasses like this Ebayer go buy a damn civic and get their fast and furious fix on that. Good lord!!!!!

I haven't been on this forum for very long and I didn't know the "intake" thread is beat to death. So I'll appreciated if you take your rude opinion somewhere else and shut your mouth.:mad:

Anyway, barely anyone makes performance parts for the N*, I just thought one day someone can make something that actually work for the older N*.

Ranger
03-23-06, 06:24 PM
It is, it's a 93 or 94.

This CROOK should be arrested.

Tailfin
03-23-06, 06:59 PM
This CROOK should be arrested.

Oh my word... I should get some soda cans too and start pawning them off like that...then use the money I've earned from my 3,000% margin to fund a lawsuit against that, then include my legal fees and all my customers as damages :stirpot:

Zorb750
03-24-06, 02:56 AM
That car's a 1994 Deville.

I personally don't mind a little customization. I put colored covers on some of the wires in the engine compartment for a cleaner look. What looks better? A bundle of wires or a bundle of wires with a black cover over them? Or red for spark wires.

Hey I listened to a nutcase at a Murrays for 10 minutes explaining oil to someone, how it's a myth that it breaks down, that what really happens is that it gets dirty, and that's why oil still has to be changed at 3000 miles because even with better oil, it gets too dirty long before it breaks down. I know that's totally backward, and I finally said something about it. I hate listening to people dispensing bullshit. Also the idiot when I went to the same store to buy coolant, I didn't take the 50% bottle because I don't like the premixed stuff. If it's flushed with water, what happens? You never get all the water out. He's telling me it HAS to be 50% mixed or it can damage the car. Monkey.

dkozloski
03-24-06, 03:03 AM
The performance of most of these aftermarket air intake systems could be duplicated with flexible dryer vent pipe with panty hose tied over the end for a filter.

davesdeville
03-24-06, 04:27 AM
that pic is of the 93-94 N* you can tell because the intake cover is different

Looks pretty similar to the plastic cover on my 95. Then again it's a low res. pic so it is hard to tell.

CadillacSTS42005
03-24-06, 08:37 AM
yea my bad sorry the 95 had the same cover but a different intake the air box on that one looks to be the older design

eldorado1
03-24-06, 09:03 AM
The performance of most of these aftermarket air intake systems could be duplicated with flexible dryer vent pipe with panty hose tied over the end for a filter.

Are you saying you want to start selling them on ebay for 1000% markup? Can I help? :alchi: